• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Rebels, Canberra - 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
They have a white jersey.

I think theyve done it on purpose.

Delve should've been carded, but the Giteau try was sweet!
But the Brumbies jersey is substantially white. Would that be any better? But I agree it is a nightmare to watch these 2 teams.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
McCabe has looked really, really good. Hope he gets a shot at 13, I have an inkling he would be an effective AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) clone.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Twas impressive, but I think that particular instance unfortunately says more about the Rebels porous defense.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But the Brumbies jersey is substantially white. Would that be any better? But I agree it is a nightmare to watch these 2 teams.

They also have an all blue jersey...

By the way... Chapman is the king in a defensive lineout...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ah, didn't realise. Thanks Slim.
Moore having a big game too. Good to see. Gits, McCabe look sharp also.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
Why isn't there more love for Phibbs

I've only watched him play 3 times. But he has played extremely well each time. One was last weekend, and nothing needs to be said about that, he was superb. Once was a few weeks earlier when he replaced Valentine and it was like daylight and darkness. And again tonight. The Brumbies back line looked so well oiled while he was on the field. One noticeable difference I thought between when he was on the field and White (no criticism of White, he played well enough) was that his passes were hitting exactly 50cm in front of Giteau's chest without him having to check his run, giving him all the time in the world to playback.

Also McCabe should have been in the centers from the beginning.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gotta say the Brumbies have possibly made the mistake of letting Phibbs go... However it could also be what's lifted him...

As long as they dump Valentine...

And let me just say that Moore is inspirational..

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Moore has been in great form and he was my man of the match tonight. It has been obvious for a few weeks I think that he has been trying to lift the team by his own efforts. There is also no doubt he is the best line out thrower we have.

I thought Mitchell Chapman had another blinder as well.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've gotta put it out there... Despite the constant TPN manlove that goes on...

Moore is consitently the better player...

I love TPN as much as anyone, but between the average lineout throwing to the constant time on the sideline through injury... he's no Stephen Moore...

The one criticism I've had of Moore in the past was his ability to give away penalties at the breakdown, and he hasn't done that for a long while now...

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Pretty sure he did it last week. He still seems to have those brain explosions and they are the only thing that holds him back still.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I've gotta put it out there... Despite the constant TPN manlove that goes on...

Moore is consitently the better player...

I love TPN as much as anyone, but between the average lineout throwing to the constant time on the sideline through injury... he's no Stephen Moore...

The one criticism I've had of Moore in the past was his ability to give away penalties at the breakdown, and he hasn't done that for a long while now...
I agree, to a point. Moore is generally the more consistent of the two, and I would start him. TPN has certainly been injured a lot as we all know. I would say his lineout throwing this year has been much, much better than previous years. But it's like one of those labels that get attached to players...like Beale and his tackling, which clearly is much better too. I think if both were fully fit, there would be very little to separate them, which would be a great thing.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Would still start TPN, you wouldn't want him coming off the bench and then getting injured. He offers more impact, especially if Palu ain't there. I would say he is a slightly better scrummager as well.

To say his lineout throwing is still average is incorrect.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
based on the last few years I reckon. He is Mr Reliable and despite TPN's early season form, Moore has always been the man for the Wallaby #2 jersey in my eyes.

I think by the end of the year, subject to injury, they will play roughly the same minutes.

We have two top quality players that can go flat out for 40 odd minutes

A

Army_Gav

A big pat on the back to some Brumbies supporters,especially the kids next to us.

You were pretty vocal, far better then Tahs supporters.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Surely Moore would start with TPN off the bench?

And where is Phibbs playing next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.