• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Reds, week 3 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

I reckon it's all about the forwards mate! Chambers and Genia will get their opportunities if the front 8 can man up, show aggression at the ruck, be strong at the scrum, hit hard in defence and run with purpose and with support.

More than anything, I would just love to see our pigs hunt as a vicious drove (that's the actual word, ha ha) and for this to be the match the leapin Leroy finally comes of age and starts running through brick walls and smashing blokes front on. However a 1 point win in canberra would be fine by me.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
The man screams "I should have been converted into a hooker when I was in Colts" but it's just too late. Nobody wants another Pec Cowan experiment, though I would of liked to have seen Robbie's hooker/prop experiment conducted with Daley rather then Pec because as you say Daley is an impecable team character and thus adds to any squad even if it is off the field.

Bit of trivia: he played prop alongside James Hanson in Colts (also at Aus u19)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Valentine pinged for a very dodgy feed into the scrum. Those scrums are going to go down all day as they are packing too far away. Chiefs and Rebels packed much closer and had less collapses.

Gits with a very poor clearing kick. Reds defence getting up faster and they are attacking the rucks.

Reds score after Cooper creates room for Davies then Higgers over from the next ruck. Reds looking much sharper.

Davies and McCabe both down hurt.

Cooper gets it 10 to 0 to the Reds.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well worked play from Reds, good pass to Davies, quick ball to Higgers at speed who scores, and remains uninjured in the process!! Good try.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Houston with a lifting tackle. Just went past the horizontal. Lucky he is not in the bin.

And the brumbies blow the lineout. Brumbies are off to a slow start. They need to improve or it will be a pong night for them

Alexander pinged for not binding Myth style.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Geez Chis is ineffectual - gets slapped backwards like a biatch. Great break from McCabe straight up the guts

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gits crabs to create a break for McCabe then crabs and blows an overlap with a woeful miscommunication with Vaea.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Would've loved to see Ioane in space there, shame it went forward needs much improved already.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds are kicking behind Speight a lot. Brumbies looked like they would score b

Moore scores off a cheeky quick tap from 5m out. Reds caught napping.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
God, Giteau does not create space for his man. Moore makes up for it by quick thinking to go in. Smart linking from Brumbies, except Giteau. He just shovels it on.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
10-7 to the Reds
Both teams now have shown more attacking nous than in 2 previous games, good stuff!! Could be an exciting game!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gits first step is always across field. Five eighths should be straightening.

Reds defence needs to push up and get settled otherwise he Brumbies will make easy metres all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.