• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Stormers @ Canberra - 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
The purpose of the machine, in my view, is not to give a near exact simulation of actually lifting a person but to better condition the player to the forces involved in elevating someone overhead. The key aspects are moving a weighted object vertically through say 2 metres and having the resistance increase throughout the lift. When a lineout jumper is lifted, initially there is not much force required because of the jumper's own spring but as they rise they gradually become dead weight.

Sorry to clog the Brumbies/Stormers thread, but one last query about this machine- could there be any modification to simulate the side to side forces that occur when players lean or lose balance?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There are reports that Matt Giteau is suffering from a virus and may not play tonight. Matt To'omua is on standby.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sorry to clog the Brumbies/Stormers thread, but one last query about this machine- could there be any modification to simulate the side to side forces that occur when players lean or lose balance?

My view on this, DPK, is that exercising with the MyoLifta would make the lifters more powerful and less prone to fatigue in elevating a weight from knee height to full extension overhead. As a direct consequence of this they would become much better able to cope with and adjust to the sort of lateral forces you describe.

My apologies for this discussion clogging a thread intended to deal with a particular game.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Confirmed that Matt Giteau is out of tonight's game with a virus. Matt To'omua will slot in at fly half. Christian Lealiifano will take the kicking duties.

T

tranquility

Confirmed that Matt Giteau is out of tonight's game with a virus. Matt To'omua will slot in at fly half. Christian Lealiifano will take the kicking duties.

Great news!!! Lets see the backline click. Don't get me wrong I am not against Gits, but this will give us a chance to see the future in the right positions. Carn the mules.

R

RuckinGoodStats

Goal kickers Brumbies Giteau 78% (46 from 59) Stormers: Duvenhage 83% (5/6) Coleman 100% (1/1)
Ref stats: Jonker forced to award, per game average 19.4 pens (8.6 @ruck) 4.7 scrum resets & 3 scrum infringements

Ref stats:Jonker 1 (1=most/highest) from 16 refs to award scrum infringements, 16th in scrum resets & ruck pens

So statistically Jonker is more likely 2 award a pen/free kick at scrum time rather than a reset.

Brumbies on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 8.8 pens (15); 6.1 pens at ruck (4); 10.4 hand errs (2); 12.9 miss tackles (12)

Stormers on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 10 pens (7); 5.2 pens at ruck (11=); 9.1 hand errs (9); 11.6 miss tackles (13)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Stormers aren't looking too enthusiastic compared to their usual grinding style. Still expect them to win it though.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has had a bright start to the half, try saver and a leg pumping run.

Glad to see MT at 10.

JDV comes on for the nervous 10 coleman.

Lilos head looks weird and robbie coleman replaces him

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Is Valentine really that Rugby dumb?

Sure, let the ball roll back into the 22 so you can kick it out on the full, but don't watch it dribble over while the Stormers chasers all close in and then hot potato it to someone else to get pumped. He may be my least favourite Australian player.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Geez, the Brumbies are just awful. When you are playing a defence this good, why take an age at every breakdown hatching the egg and letting them reset? That said, it shits me when offside players are let go, just because they are not directly "on" the ball; they are still often taking a player out and generally getting in the way to cut down options. Jonker is letting it go too much.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
While the Brumbies were attacking in the Stormers 22m I found it hard to find a time when the Stormers were onside...

What are those assistant refs doing again?

Chauncey

Peter Burge (5)
Brumbies games...........bring a good book

Watching the Brumbies has to be the most painful way of spending 80 mins.

They are absolutely woeful

Zero penetration. No attack in depth. Poor catch and pass. Side to side rugby with no go forward.

They never ever look like threatening the line. Where do you start with this lot.

All I can say is.........Jake White, GOOD LUCK SON - you are going to need it.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
31 phases and fly half drops ball.

This is worst brumbies performance i've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.