• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Stormers @ Canberra - 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
What's that saying - the definition of stupidity is to keep on doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? Just when are they going to realise that 1 out stuff off the ruck, after having a leisurely look around and letting the Stormers defence reset, is not going to work? 32 phases and they didn't go anywhere.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies slowing down their own ball after making a break is making it easy for the Stormers defence...

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
no i'm not silm. they've been crap all year and deserve anything. Moore is the only one worthwhile.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Brumbies staff should show todays Sydney Uni game to the forward pack and say "this is how you do it"

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Moore, Giteau, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), possibly McCabe, and Alexander for a squad spot...

And then you have the countless young guys who will one day be up there...

The team is crap, and having no real coaching staff doesn't help... but let's not go over the top and not recognise that there are some good players in this team...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Other then Moore who?

No-one is staking a claim. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Gits will go, of course, probably Alexander (though he still really worries me at scrum time), but other "maybes" like Lealiifano, McCabe look like they're going down with the ship.

Reactions: Epi

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Well that was water torture.

I kept hoping that after the fifth tackle the Mules would kick for a bit of variety. One pass of the ruck one or two off hit up, slow ball. Again and again and again.

The entire structure of their attack is rubbish, they had more than enough ball to at least be competitive with the Stormers, they just have no idea at all what to do with it.

FFS I hope we see no more League coaches in Oz unless they have done significant time at lower levels. Add to that ex-players who may well have been great attackers in their day but that back line attack is poorly structured and executes even worst than the Tahs.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
i hope no brumbies get picked to go to the world cup

Don't worry Louie, every Brumby in the squad last year will be selected again with a maybe over Chisholm, since Deans' man love for Vickerman is strong.

No form or injury will prevent it.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Moore, Giteau, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), possibly McCabe, and Alexander for a squad spot...

TPN over Moore
JOC (James O'Connor), QC (Quade Cooper) over Gits
Anyone over AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). He's been awful all year. Very overrated player.

Kepu, Palmer, Ben Daly over Alexander

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
I actually thought the game was pretty good. If the Brumbies had supported their breaks better they'd have won I thought. Are people just going into watching Brumbies game with a preconceived attitude?

Holding onto the ball for that many phases against a team like the stormers while going forward is a good thing I thought?? It is a shame they couldn't convert it into more points.

Also when Bekker went off after that head clash with Lealiifano, he got properly replaced and had no blood on him that I saw. Seemed to be getting treated for a mild concussion or something wrong with his hand.
1. If he had a mild concussion, pretty poor form by the medics to send him back on.
2. If it was just something else, but not blood related, why was he allowed back on?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
TPN over Moore
JOC (James O'Connor), QC (Quade Cooper) over Gits
Anyone over AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). He's been awful all year. Very overrated player.

Kepu, Palmer, Ben Daly over Alexander

You realise they need 30 players for a World Cup squad?

Somehow I don't think they'll just go with one hooker...

And Ben Daley isn't going to the World Cup unless there are several injuries...

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
Yea he got bloodshot eyes from the head clash

Haha, and don't get me wrong, the Stormers deserved the win. I'm just pointing out that the Brumbies weren't as dire as some others here have said.

Bekker didn't seem all there even in the post game stuff, anyone heard anything?

Zinzan

Herbert Moran (7)
3-0 brum at 17min.
Brumbies look a lot better with CL at fly half them To'omua

I Wish CL didn't get injured, he looked sharp in attack & distributed well when at 1st receiver.

Bloody nice to be home in from the cold......don't know if I can sit in the cold again for the brumbies :(

Status
Not open for further replies.