• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Stormers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, To'omua is still a very young kid, not far out of high school. Give him time, he's better served maturing slowly rather than being thrown into a deep end.

P

PhucNgo

PaarlBok said:
chief said:
Such a waste of Toomoua on the bench.
He played CC for us, so he should know a lot about the Stormers.

Can I just add my muppet's worth here and say that in the Brumbies games I've watched to date, the backline worked a lot better with Toomoua at 10. Although the Bull's game was Gits first for the year, it wasn't all that flash. Toomoua seems to have them going forward and not laterally in attack. He gives nothing away in defence either.

C

chief

PhucNgo said:
PaarlBok said:
chief said:
Such a waste of Toomoua on the bench.
He played CC for us, so he should know a lot about the Stormers.

Can I just add my muppet's worth here and say that in the Brumbies games I've watched to date, the backline worked a lot better with Toomoua at 10. Although the Bull's game was Gits first for the year, it wasn't all that flash. Toomoua seems to have them going forward and not laterally in attack. He gives nothing away in defence either.

Yeah well I think the ARU needs to reasess Giteau. He's not that good, he can be flat on attack, on occasion opens the whole in defense. I don't think Giteau is worth the price that he's getting paid right now. I think the Brumbies should just show some good will and release Toomoua to the Force. It's doing Australian rugby no favours, as I think this new decade should definitely be the decade where Wallabies are picked on performance and not their previous reputation.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
At this stage Giteau and Barnes are overhyped. The Tahs also look better when Hangers comes on.

S

Spook

:lmao: I think you all need to watch Giteau's involvement in the first Brumby try. To'omua was 10 against the Force and the Brumbies couldn't spark much.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Blue said:
At this stage Giteau and Barnes are overhyped. The Tahs also look better when Hangers comes on.

I really think at this stage that Barnes simply can't play 10 for several reasons that he can't seem to fix. He is a ball playing 12, and that's it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Ash said:
Blue said:

I really think at this stage that Barnes simply can't play 10 for several reasons that he can't seem to fix. He is a ball playing 12, and that's it.

I tend to agree, both To'omua & Cooper (as he calms down) are probably the most natural 10s running around

S

Spook

Definitely in the long run for To'omua but he's not in Giteau's class yet.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brumby Jack said:
The only class To'omua is in of Giteau's is a Masterclass session...

Mate I think you should leave the jokes to our resident funny man Moses. Giteau is over rated. He's got a step and speed but he's not a natural 10. Witness the EoYT last year. Case closed.

S

Spook

Cutter said:
Brumby Jack said:
The only class To'omua is in of Giteau's is a Masterclass session...

Mate I think you should leave the jokes to our resident funny man Moses. Giteau is over rated. He's got a step and speed but he's not a natural 10. Witness the EoYT last year. Case closed.

We did and we disagree. See Wales. Weren't you one of those calling for Barnes? From memory you also don't rate Elsom and you do rate Burgess. Case closed.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stormers backup, WP will play Boland in a historical game in Bredasdorp. Ruaan Smith first match for WP on the reserve bench.

15. Jurgen Visser 14. Conrad Marais 13. Frikkie Welsh 12. Dylan Des Fountain 11. Fabian Juries 10. Willem De Waal 9. Conrad Hoffman 8. Jody Burch 7. Yaya Hartzenberg 6. Wimpie van der Walt 5. Martin Muller 4. Rynhardt Elstadt 3. JD Moller 2. Hanyani Shimange (C) 1. Denzil Riddles
Bold : S14 experiense

Reserves:

16. Sidney Tobias 17. Ruan Smit 18. Stephan Greeff 19. Bradley Fortuin 20. Dustin Jinka 21. Tim Whitehead 22. Marvin Christians

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ash said:
Shimange switched to hooker?
He always played there. He played for the Cheetahs and is now at WP for a long time. Rassie tried to sell him to the Lions this year but he did not made their S14 squad.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Pretty nice summer weather tonite. Wont get the oxwagon going to Newlands tonite. Kid playing Boland U12 cricket trials and will be to late.

Hope we'll see some nice rugby. :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.