• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Stormers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I feel a grumble coming on, after two games this week it appears the current winning S14 technique is to not commit anyone to the breakdown, just spread out and tackle.

Shit the Brumbies even stopped competing against mauls :angryfire: making it sometimes looking like unopposed lineout drills.

Lucky win for the Brumbies, a draw would have been a better result.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Stormers will never win this thing. They are incapable of winning close games, even at home.

Really, all the talk, big signings but when the shit hits the fans they just can't do it. Very disappointing.

This win should lift the Brumbies.

S

Spook

This was a win against a side in form on their own patch and I'll take it. I do agree with that the breakdown was a nightmare. George Smith made one superb steal and got pinged but those are now the rules. After this he was showing his hands to the ref. Madness.

Scrappy game, defense was good from both sides.

V good set piece from the Ponies. I thought they were decent up front against a good pack. Stormers lineout was a bit shakey.

Ma'afu was very impressive I thought and I am now 110 Euro richer. :)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah after the Bulls game I thought the Brumbies looked too shakey but I believe again.

They can get a lot better in the colf of Canberra. I fully expect a few teams to get handed their arse in technicolor at minus 2 centigrade this year.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Blue said:
Yeah after the Bulls game I thought the Brumbies looked too shakey but I believe again.

They can get a lot better in the colf of Canberra. I fully expect a few teams to get handed their arse in technicolor at minus 2 centigrade this year.

Having sen the last twenty minutes on replay here I have to conclude that the Stormers lost this game more than the Brumbies won .

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I dunno if it's just my bias here (and it probably is) but did anyone else think Joubert was pretty inconsistent in his ruling as to what constituted an early engage in the scrums and what didn't? Seems to me that he was doing his damndest to give the Stormers the hit every time.

He was also giving far longer advantages to the Stormers than the Brumbies, though that might've been to reflect the severity of the offences, I dunno. It was marked enough though that even Stormers supporters on the saffa boards were commenting on it.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
JJJ said:
I dunno if it's just my bias here (and it probably is) but did anyone else think Joubert was pretty inconsistent in his ruling as to what constituted an early engage in the scrums and what didn't?

It's your bias. The whole engage thing is a lottery. A general fuckup at the mo.

He did change the duration of his count, sometimes gave penalties, sometiems didnlt. Pretty much like all referees. Watching the Hurricanes / Lions now and if this ref is not careful one of the front rowers is going to snot him one.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Gutted with the loss. Just wasnt the Stormers day and a win the BumBoys experiense took them through. I do understand when refs make mistakes, not TMOs and thought Pieter Louw's first try attemp was OK. Also try score changes went begging. Pieter Louw sure look like coming to age now. Our scrum suffered but I am confident once Blaauw is back it will be dominating like in the past. Maybe this one happen just at the right time and hopefull they will learn from this one going forward. Only the Saders past them on the log and we still have to play all the front runners. No train smash but still 3 points going down the drain.

S

Spook

I thought the Stormers were allowed to go early a few times but at least Joubert was making sure props were binding to each other correctly.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Gutted with the loss. Just wasn't the Stormers day and a win the BumBoys experiense took them through. I do understand when refs make mistakes, not TMOs and thought Pieter Louw's first try attempt was OK.

PB, you must be disappointed with the Stormers' loss, but you can't blame the TMO for that one. It was obviously very close to touch-in-goal and when it was replayed my initial thought was the ball touched the line. I replayed it in slo-slo-mo and definitely thought it touched the line. The TMO was correct.

shadreck

Allen Oxlade (6)
I didn't see the game but I noticed that in a report that Hoiles was replaced in the 66 th minute by Chapman.

Was he injured? Hooked?

Anybody able to shed light on this minor moment in the game?

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
Thought the Stormers were a little unlucky when Smith took the intercept to score the try as earlier in that play the ref got in the way of the half running the ball which forced him to pass it to the prop who found Smith...

S

Spook

I think a draw would have been fair. Don't worry, the Brumbies will get unlucky at some stage and the Stormers will get some luck.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
shadreck said:
I didn't see the game but I noticed that in a report that Hoiles was replaced in the 66 th minute by Chapman.

Was he injured? Hooked?

Anybody able to shed light on this minor moment in the game?

I thought he was playing well, so my guess is a non serious injury (though the moment didn't register strongly with me)

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
As far as i know he wasn't injured. I think Chapman offers a bit more of a physical game which the brumbies needed a lift of in that last 15. tactics one would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.