• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Waratahs - 2011R06

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
ACT BRUMBIES V NSW WARATAHS

CANBERRA STADIUM 7:30 SATURDAY 26th

moving on for fans of both teams, Brumbies looking to kick start there season, Tahs looking to get back on track and as far away from NSW politics as possible by going to......canberra.

Waugh, TPN back for the tahs, possibility of Ryan Cross starting as well.
let the Federal Hwy derby begin.

Attachments

• 23979.gif.jpeg
    23979.gif.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 306

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies are facing the absolute embarassment of not only losing to the Reds at home (which is unforgivable in itself) but also losing to the Tahs at home...

The Brumbies have lost Moore and Chapman which will cripple their lineout and certainly lessen the match up between what should be the Wallaby front rowers (Robinson v Palmer, Moore v TPN)... with the battle of the ostriches on the other side of the scrum (Alexander v Baxter)...

The Brumbies work at the ruck this year has so far been weak, and will need to learn some lessons from the Cheetahs if they are to compete...

There should be some changes in the backs but it probably won't be enough... no one in the coaching staff has the balls to shift Giteau, and Henry Speight isn't offering anything...

Without any real on or off field leadership the Brumbies are boned...

Looking forward to 2012...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
After last weeks embarassing loss to the Cheetahs I feel the Waratahs will be looking not to lose this one...

I predict another dour affair between the two sides...

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
my preferred tahs side:

1:Robbo
2:TPN
3:Baxtah
4:Mumm
5: Douglas
6:dennis
7:Waugh
8:palu
9:burgo
10:barnes
11:drew
12:carter
13:cross
14:turner
15:beale
16:fitz
17:kepu
18:mowen
19:cutch
20:timani
21:mckibbin
22:half a pack of llamas

I think we need a 5/2 split on the bench, Ulugia is out, dennis to start, cross to prove why he is in the team at all.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Pretty much agree with you smartweed, 13 is really the only possie up for grabs and not sure where to go to there between turner and cross.

Forward pack picks itself, vampire Dennis is going well so has to be in there. Hopefully TPN is fit cos we shore have missed him. If he is staying and Waugh is going I think we have a new captain.

Hopefully it's a good game, though I agree both sides have more to lose than to gain so safety first may be the go, hopefully it's dry or I will be watching election coverage rather than tuning in.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Can't see the Brumbies winning this one given who is out. Also, if they commit as many cynical penalties as they did against the Reds then the Tah's have to hope Barnes and Beale have their kicking boots on.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I'd like to the Tahs to get the points for a win, but I figure a bonus point shold be available if TPN can come off in a reasonable state of repair, not concussed or limping.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'd like to the Tahs to get the points for a win, but I figure a bonus point shold be available if TPN can come off in a reasonable state of repair, not concussed or limping.

I have it on authority that TPN gets out of bed concussed and limping, not because he is already injured. He just gets out of bed with no regard for his own safety. You don't wanna know how the dude makes toast

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
shit, at least TPN is back, you would have to start with Kepu, no idea who would take the bench spot, guess Tilse has the runs atm.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
shit, at least TPN is back, you would have to start with Kepu, no idea who would take the bench spot, guess Tilse has the runs atm.

Double shit!!! Kepu to start (he was one of our better players Saturday but that is damning him with faint praise) and Ryan as 17? The problem is that Palmer is the THP so whoever is the back-up has to be a really good LHP. Neither Ryan or Tilse inspire for different reasons - maybe Tilse as he was good when he had to be last Super 14, but his propping in Shute was ordinary; and if I remember right especially in the prelim final against Palmer.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Runs in terms of experience.

Barring injury or a score blow out I dint see a front row sub in tahland

I'm tossing up an experiment for sat and moving Beale to ten, barnes to twelve, Carter to 13, turner to fullback. Carter can mark AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) out of the game and barnes covers be ales front on defense.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I think and I'm not saying this to start a debate, Tom Carter will be the key for the tahs. We ran sideways far to often on Saturday and Carter coming back closer to the ruck to straighten play and get the tahs moving forward with TPN and palu both on the field to continue the tahs should own the middle of the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.