• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Waratahs Super Rugby-R4 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

I saw more potential from Volavola than Folau in a race for the Wallabies. Folau has a very long way to go. Would not mind him in the squad to help his development, just hope he sticks around for another season so the Wallabies may get some value out of him.

Without getting too far off topic, my thought on this is that Folau is actually the better talent, but in the words of Yoda he needs to "unlearn what he has learned".

He is just a bit confused and does not have the historical experience of a solid rugby playing youth to draw on, unlike Volavola, etc.

Make no mistake, this kid is going to be a star if he a) sticks with rugby and b) gets a year of intensive rugby study under his belt.

You try to have 3 professional codes in your head and see how you go! ;)

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
He should be selected if he was the best player for that position.
If not, don't call him up. Simple.
What age has to do with anything - if you are the best, you are the best (not saying that he will be).
Agree on that for the match day 22, I think the squad could benefit from his involvement as well

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Worst thing about being a Tahs fans today is if Ireland lose to France later today my thoughts will be something like "At least the Tahs..., Never mind."

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
All I can say is thank god I don't support the Tahs. They aren't even my team but my word they are beyond frustrating to watch. No consideration for just doing the simple things right.

Never have they needed Barnes more than now. There is absolutely no organisation in the backline.

And Tom Carter. Come on seriously how can Cheika pick this guy with a straight face?

George Smith. Legend.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
If you apply the same standard across the park,there are plenty of tahs players in this boat tonight.
Defence is obviously a structured affair, but it is also attitude (grim reminder of the Brumbies in 2011).
No excuse for the wrong attitude, I'd say.
Cheika has to something and pronto, otherwise it'll be another review at year's end - as a tahs supporter, you would want to avoid that familiar feeling.

D

daz

Fair point. I'm struggling to think of anyone who actually had a good game in a Blue jumper tonight.

cyclopath beat me at snooker. He had a Tahs jumper on while he did it.

Ok, no, that was a lie. He can't play snooker.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Betting. Careful you don't get mentioned in the Match Fixing chapter in the next revision of ACC Report.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Just a couple of things about tonight.
Cheika has to either drop anyone who kicks the ball and it doesn't end up in the third row, or he has to use a cattle prod on those fuckers that don't chase the kicks.You can turn a shit kick into a good result with a great chase.By the same token, a good kick becomes poor without effective chasers.
Not enough desire from too many on the park IMO.
Stop running plays of TC,someone will surely die.
Cheika was outcoached tonight, the defenders read the play every time.

D

daz

Cheika has to either drop anyone who kicks the ball and it doesn't end up in the third row,
Cheika was outcoached tonight, the defenders read the play every time.

I do recall people getting pretty fed up with Barnes kicking the ball away all the time. With him returning, I do see your first statement being well tested.

Also, and let's be fair, there is no shame in being outcoached; especially by a former international coach and RWC winner.

It is how Cheika responds that will tell the tale. And yes, I agree change takes more than 4 rounds.

M

Moono75

A couple of comments. The Tahs were next to useless. What a wast of talent. Too many passengers in that team which makes me think it wasn't Foley's coaching last year that was the problem. I would welcome 1 or 2 players into the Force team with the guys off contract. I hope Robbie Deans has a massive rethink on who deserves to be in the Wallabies team based on performance. Thank christ I am a Force supporter because based on that effort we will be Super 15 Champions before the Tahs.

...give me two seconds to vomit into my Little Creatures Pale Ale......ahhh thats better......ohh no the Tahs still suck!

D

daz

A couple of comments. The Tahs were next to useless. What a wast of talent. Too many passengers in that team which makes me think it wasn't Foley's coaching last year that was the problem. I would welcome 1 or 2 players into the Force team with the guys off contract. I hope Robbie Deans has a massive rethink on who deserves to be in the Wallabies team based on performance. Thank christ I am a Force supporter because based on that effort we will be Supre 15 Champions before the Tahs.

.give me two seconds to vomit into my Little Creatures Pale Ale..ahhh thats better..ohh no the Tahs still suck!

Do you have any specific examples of the uselessness/waste of talent/passengers within the Tahs, or is this just a general spray with no foundation at the entire organisation?

As for the highlighted statement, I think that might win an award at the next GAGR end of year voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.