• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Waratahs Super Rugby-R4 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

How do you know that? I said after 10 games. He clearly has enormous potential.

Qwerty you've stated that George Smith isn't good enough for the Wallabies and yet Folau is or will be. A guy who has played 100 + tests, proven world class,isn't good enough and yet a bloke has played a couple of super rugby matches is. Illogical. Gill and hoops should be wallabies but I reckon there is space as well for Smith to cover 7, 6 and 8. The Wallabies are lacking massively in experience due to Deans chasing off veterans. It'll bite us in the ass again. I also hope Folau shows his quality and makes the cut however your argument at present is flawed.

M

Moono75

I think everyone would say the Tahs list has more talent than the Force. They have more resources, access to more talent through their lower grade feeder competitions and supposedly everyone bagged the shit out of Foley as a coach and blamed him for the Tahs lack of success. Cheika was the messiah and I will defer on this point and admit it will take more than a year for changes to result in onfield results, but excuse me that was a shite performance.

The Tahs have players that are superheros one week and then don't show up the next. I was expecting a really competive game but that was an ass kicking.

P

Paradox

Bad luck Tahs. The Brumbies have a good combination of long accurate kicking, aggression at the breakdown, and a good set piece. I also think they've got some very good players in the bench in Sio, Coleman, Tomane, and Auleau. Sio is a future star IMO. Tomane proved again he is a starting XV player. Not sure about Andrew Smiths injury but Tomane looked very much at home at 13. The Brumbies need to improve their execution and discipline. Mistackle count has been very high but they haven't leaked points. Is that a result of their aggressive line speed?

Mogg is farken quick. He smoked Turner who is damn quick.

M

Moono75

I think everyone would say the Tahs list has more talent than the Force. They have more resources, access to more talent through their lower grade feeder competitions and supposedly everyone bagged the shit out of Foley as a coach and blamed him for the Tahs lack of success. Cheika was the messiah and I will defer on this point and admit it will take more than a year for changes to result in onfied results, but excuse me that was a shite performance.

The Tahs have players that are superheros one week and then don't show up the next. I was expecting a really competive game but that was an ass kicking.
Yeah...what Moono said. He's on the money!

P

Paradox

Forgot to mention the loss of Pocock is devastating for the Wallabies and Brumbies. His physical game would have suited Oz against the NH Lions.

M

Moono75

Hooper, Gill and now the return of George Smith have shown it doesn't need to be a massive obstacle to success. The other selections Deans makes will be of far more consequence to the success of the Wallabies going forward.

P

Paradox

Hooper, Gill and now the return of George Smith have shown it doesn't need to be a massive obstacle to success. The other selections Deans makes will be of far more consequence to the success of the Wallabies going forward.
Good point Moo. I just think Pocock can dominate a game more than Gill or Hooper. WC against SA, Wales series, etc.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Watching the Brumbies tonight was like watching the Reds two years ago. Exciting and just wanting to know what they are going to do next. Hope Deans looks at his squad selection on form and has more Brumbies in the squad. Last years end of season tour squad was a joke, at the moment no Tah's player besides Hooper is really putting his hand up as a star this year.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Just can't understand the Tahs failure to fire. Something wrong in the headspace combined with a very uninspiring centres combo.

Gutted for Poey. Robbie Deans is a "selection pederast". He will pick Hooper and Gill in the Lions Squad. George Smith won't get a look in.

M

Moono75

Cowan and Carter?
No...no unless thats Dan Carter your talking about and I don't think he qualifies. When the Warrathas start acting and playing like gown ups then and only then can they be brought out of the naughty corner and considered for entry into the big game.

I'll be contacting the UN and seeking immediate security council sanctions against the Tahs to isolate them and ensure a complete rugby blockade of any so called talent entering the Wallabies. We may smuggle Hooper out via a covert op but thats it!

M

Moono75

So who is he replacing out of Hooper and Gill?
Still time for Smith....but....he needs to show he is still consistently good over the coming weeks to warrent consideration. What I won't do is rule players out just because of age and the mantra it's time to bring younger players though. If he's good enough bring George back and let Hooper and Gill profit from his experience. Hooper (21) and Gill (20) both have plenty of time. Doesn't mean Goerge needs to start but he's a great option to have. It depends on if Deans is shaping his squad for the WC or if he wants a win now squad for the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.