• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Canberra Vikings - Offical NRC Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think you should probably let it go then for both your own and Dan Penca's sake.

They've made their position clear and continuing to push it is only reflecting badly on you.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
I think you should probably let it go then for both your own and Dan Penca's sake.

They've made their position clear and continuing to push it is only reflecting badly on you.
I have only responded to a post that was put on here yesterday.
And to be honest I don't really care how it reflects on me, what have I got to lose? And for that matter what does Dan have to lose?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I very much doubt that the Vikings would've made such a definitive public statement if it wasn't true.............

As Braveheart said, it doesn't reflect well on you and your "mate" to be spreading these kinds of lies all over the internet to tarnish the Vikings brand..........

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
I very much doubt that the Vikings would've made such a definitive public statement if it wasn't true.....

As Braveheart said, it doesn't reflect well on you and your "mate" to be spreading these kinds of lies all over the internet to tarnish the Vikings brand....
No disrespect to you blokes, but they aren't lies and I don't really care how you guys thinks it reflects on me. Why would Dan lie about this, I remember having a conversation at the start of the season with him about whether or not he would play if asked and he said he would love to have a crack at that level even if it meant pulling on a Vikings jersey but it never happened. Thanks for giving me credit but I don't think anything I would say would tarnish the Vikings brand, this is a forum for people to voice their opinions and to give facts that might not be reported in the media, that is all I am doing.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
No disrespect to you blokes, but they aren't lies and I don't really care how you guys thinks it reflects on me. Why would Dan lie about this, I remember having a conversation at the start of the season with him about whether or not he would play if asked and he said he would love to have a crack at that level even if it meant pulling on a Vikings jersey but it never happened. Thanks for giving me credit but I don't think anything I would say would tarnish the Vikings brand, this is a forum for people to voice their opinions and to give facts that might not be reported in the media, that is all I am doing.

Canberra Times JiD pre-game final write up word from Dan Penca about his trip and that question:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/act-spo...beyans-grand-final-hopes-20140807-101h8l.html

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's very vague and contradictory, but the article states:

Queanbeyan skipper Penca has opted to go on an overseas trip to Canada instead of chasing a spot in the NRC

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Canberra Times JiD pre-game final write up word from Dan Penca about his trip and that question:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/act-spo...beyans-grand-final-hopes-20140807-101h8l.html
I hadn't read the article but I was standing next to Dan when he was conducting that interview at the grand final launch last week. It is clear he would of taken an opportunity if presented but it never came about.

"I would probably postpone it, but it didn't eventuate so I'm sticking to my original plan."

Hate to go over old ground but I am not going to be accused of being a liar on here, so thanks for bringing that article to my attention.

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
OK someone is going to step in soon if this 'conversation' doesn't move on.

Indeed.......... we should be basking in the glow of this awesome sight:

10446245_718011828269447_745513234884047822_o.jpg

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
OK someone is going to step in soon if this 'conversation' doesn't move on.
What would you like us to talk about? Let's all agree that this is a great team and they are going to do really well. That conversation is going to be interesting and last a long time!

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
What would you like us to talk about? Let's all agree that this is a great team and they are going to do really well. That conversation is going to be interesting and last a long time!

I think this is a case of agree to disagree and it will come up again but I don't think we have sufficient evidence either way to make a conclusive decision.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Have they announced the captain yet?

Fotu was photographed along with McKellar for the squad launch........ maybe a hint?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I very much doubt that the Vikings would've made such a definitive public statement if it wasn't true.....

As Braveheart said, it doesn't reflect well on you and your "mate" to be spreading these kinds of lies all over the internet to tarnish the Vikings brand....

I have only responded to a post that was put on here yesterday.
And to be honest I don't really care how it reflects on me, what have I got to lose? And for that matter what does Dan have to lose?

I admire a person who will stand by what they say when its means something to them irrespective of how it looks. Same as Slim defending the Vikings due to his allegiance. A lot different when people just jump on the bandwagon cause they can.

You two seriously need to chill and have a ale at the game!

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

Noting that merchandise is hard to come by at this stage, have you hatched a devious plan to get all the Whites supporters to get to the game wearing their Whites supporters gear yet? ;)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
With his omission from the Wallabies game day squad, will Christian be suiting up for the UCVikings?

The scrum is looking particularly strong with Brumbies Smith and Smith in the front row, and a back row of Smiler, Butler and Auelua, backed up by tyros (apologies to Sam Carter) Ala'alatoa and Staniforth. And now with that legend back to coach them, there'll be no holding them back.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
With his omission from the Wallabies game day squad, will Christian be suiting up for the UCVikings?

The scrum is looking particularly strong with Brumbies Smith and Smith in the front row, and a back row of Smiler, Butler and Auelua, backed up by tyros (apologies to Sam Carter) Ala'alatoa and Staniforth. And now with that legend back to coach them, there'll be no holding them back.

Extra like for the for the use of tyro! :p Love your work

I was wondering the same about Christian but haven't seen any reporting.

I to am looking forward to see how the forwards go under the tutelage of the legend and hope it his stepping stone as the new lord of the forwards at the Brumbies. It's certainly looks like a powerful unit reading through those names you list.

I am also really keen to see the club guys playing with the established players and see what they bring.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Noting that merchandise is hard to come by at this stage, have you hatched a devious plan to get all the Whites supporters to get to the game wearing their Whites supporters gear yet? ;)
Only for the NSW Country Eagles game and for us all to cheer them on haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.