• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Canberra Vikings - Offical NRC Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Surely we can get another good lock from John I Dent Cup into the squad instead of placing guys out of position.

They're scraping the barrel as it is. Clouston would have been good but looks like he's out for a while.

Mckellar has a pretty good handle on the available talent, it just isn't there.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
And for the Adults/Drunks among us, these bad boys would be great. A horn to Blow through and Drink through.

lrgscaleVIKING%20BONG.jpg

Reactions: mst

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Come on can't we get a Vikings Brigade together, Horns, Helmets and Chanting, someone could even bash some drums..

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
They're scraping the barrel as it is. Clouston would have been good but looks like he's out for a while.

Mckellar has a pretty good handle on the available talent, it just isn't there.

Wow, I didn't realise we were that thin on the ground for locks.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I like your thinking! Maybe a GAGR Viking Clan need to be formed!

I will be in it :) we should create a Clan, get excited and get to games. Get the rUCkus crew involved... I will have to organise a trip to canberra for a game, need to get down that way soon anyway :)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I will be in it :) we should create a Clan, get excited and get to games. Get the rUCkus crew involved. I will have to organise a trip to canberra for a game, need to get down that way soon anyway :)
Be great but I have no idea who would be interested in a clan concept and about the getting the right leader.

Actually, I wonder if the rUCkus crew are doing anything with the Vikings games?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The guy on the Wallabies twitter account must have jumped the gun.

Particularly with no test next week it would be silly not to get Wallaby squad members who weren't going to be flown to NZ to play NRC.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So the team for the first game might look something like this:

Ruan Smith
Lala Lam
JP Smith (or Alan Ala'alatoa if Smith injured)
Jordan Smiler
Tom Staniforth
Jarrad Butler
Sean Doyle
Fotu Aeulua
Michael Dowsett
Isaac Thompson
Winger (maybe Drew Southwell)
Christian Lealiifano
Nigel Ah Wong
Robbie Coleman (if fit)
Jesse Mogg.

Potentially up to 9 starters with significant Super rugby experience. Looking good. But I expect the Perth side to be equally strong.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
JP Smith will be on the bench and get a few minutes towards the end as he's coming back from a knee injury.

And Nigel Ah Wong at 13, unless you think they can win with only 14

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
JP Smith will be on the bench and get a few minutes towards the end as he's coming back from a knee injury.

And Nigel Ah Wong at 13, unless you think they can win with only 14

Yeah - my bad. Always had him there in my head. Just didn't translate to paper. Fixed now.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely Iona to start?

And I know he's listed as a 12, but I would've thought it was preferable to have Lilo's experience at flyhalf?

Status
Not open for further replies.