• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Canberra Vikings - Offical NRC Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Carn Vikings!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10599684_724067650997198_7077530988636820062_n.jpg?oh=820a124930cd1b0f27b8346df2e88796&oe=545DE108&__gda__=1416214228_8afac571d0744d0d5aa0b984ecc9e90f
I do admit those jerseys look mint

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyways, what's the word on Hawke?

He had an injury leading up to the match right?

Any idea how much time Lilo has had with the team? I am wondering about combinations.

Also anyone know who we should be watching out for from the Spirit?

Really looking forward to the game! Its time to end the off field politics and banter and get to the good bit - the game!

Vikings by 10!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Any idea how much time Lilo has had with the team? I am wondering about combinations.

Also anyone know who we should be watching out for from the Spirit?

Really looking forward to the game! Its time to end the off field politics and banter and get to the good bit - the game!

Vikings by 10!
I think Vikings will win by at least 30!

T

TOCC

Carn Vikings!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10599684_724067650997198_7077530988636820062_n.jpg?oh=820a124930cd1b0f27b8346df2e88796&oe=545DE108&__gda__=1416214228_8afac571d0744d0d5aa0b984ecc9e90f

Im assuming Lifeline and SnowyHydro SouthCare aren't the sponsors, just filling in space on the jersey in the absence of a sponsor?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah a sugar daddy requested it

Brumbies have had a fair bit to do with both charities during the season, and I don't think UC wont lose much for giving up the space for a good community cause. Also works as an indication that there is jersey space for sale for either one off occasions or what can be negotiated ($$$$). Win for all involved IMHO.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
As mentioned earlier....

Generous, anonymous philanthropist has forked out the dough for the two charities to interchange on the jersey....
Hopefully we see more philanthropy like this in the future. A great way for someone to help out both rugby and some worthy charitable organisations.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
So there are no tv cameras pointed at the game today?
There is probably a tv camera but, AFAIK, vision of the game won't be going live unfortunately.

Happy to be wrong on that, though. Canberra peeps, is there any radio coverage?

There might be some video in replay on the ARU's channel MyRugbyTV on Monday. Dunno.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Perth win 28-23.

Far too much dropped ball by the Vikings and the Spirit forwards made the Vikings make a lot more tackles than them.

Well played by the Spirit though.

No Camera at the game except for officials use only - scores/cards/citings etc

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Always a worry when at every key point of the game the Spirit always appeared to have the numbers....in attack....in defence.....at the breakdown....everywhere it counted.
They came to play and wanted it, and the Vikings really looked out of their depth. Well played Spirit you deserved the win.

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
Always a worry when at every key point of the game the Spirit always appeared to have the numbers..in attack..in defence...at the breakdown..everywhere it counted.
They came to play and wanted it, and the Vikings really looked out of their depth. Well played Spirit you deserved the win.

I agree. Spirit came to play footie today and deserved the win by far. They were the better team today. I thought the Vikings set piece was good, and running mauls went well. We just didn't seem to capitalise. We were lacking in defence and at the breakdown. Well done Spirit!

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.