• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Canberra Vikings - Offical NRC Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Absolutely. It's not always a bad thing, though.

Depending if it to the works to the players strengths and best interests, or the to the benefit of the team and provides the only opportunity to wear the green and gold - irrespective of the cost to the player.

I just find it odd, and extremely coincidental that all of a sudden players are asked to switch to other positions that coincides with position deficiencies in the Wallabies.

Maybe its just that no other coach in the country that has been around the player can see that the switch would help. We really need to work on the quality of our coaches if only one in the country can identify the need to switch. :rolleyes:

With Ala'alatoa, its just a shame he didn't have a twin or brother that played on the other side we could have grabbed so he could stay where it suited him and be spoilt with one either side! :p

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ignoring Cheika's hypocrisy, what's the Vikings lineup look like from a local development pathway? Are there some good local club comp guys coming through?

Jordan Jackson-Hope, who made a couple of cameo appearances for the Brumbies this year, will hopefully wear the 12 jersey............

There's a few backrowers - Oakman-Hunt, Penca, and Noa - who should feature at some point........

Oakman-Hunt was also a starter for the Vikings last year.........

And with most of the Brumbies props away on either Wallabies duty or sabbatical I think we'll see a few locals get a chance.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Jordan Jackson-Hope, who made a couple of cameo appearances for the Brumbies this year, will hopefully wear the 12 jersey....

There's a few backrowers - Oakman-Hunt, Penca, and Noa - who should feature at some point....

Oakman-Hunt was also a starter for the Vikings last year...

And with most of the Brumbies props away on either Wallabies duty or sabbatical I think we'll see a few locals get a chance.

I recall some very effective forwards for the Vikings last year. JJHope I have heard of from the Brumbies this year. Shame you lost Lomax from your front row. Who will fill the 10 jersey this year?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I recall some very effective forwards for the Vikings last year. JJHope I have heard of from the Brumbies this year. Shame you lost Lomax from your front row. Who will fill the 10 jersey this year?

Jooste by the looks of it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^ Could be the other way round of course. What chance Kotz getting a start at 15?

If Jooste is earmarked as the Brumbies' No 10 next year as I think he is, I'd rather see him there for the Vikings.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
^^^^^^ Could be the other way round of course. What chance Kotz getting a start at 15?

If Jooste is earmarked as the Brumbies' No 10 next year as I think he is, I'd rather see him there for the Vikings.

Best opportunity for him to really develop is to play 10 for the Vikings then. You'd have to assume that CLL will not be able to play Super Rugby next year after his treatment - I would expect that all going well, which we all hope it does, that it will take its toll physically and the best thing would be to take time recovering. Therefore with To'omua also gone the Brumbies need to bring through their young guys via the NRC unless they're planning to look for an experienced 10 overseas.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
It is like the first string Brumbies backs are unavailable in the NRC but the second Brumbies is here with JID players to back them up.

1st Brumbies 2017 was to be Cubelli, CLL, Speight, Godwin, Kudrani, Ah Wong and Tou.

2016 NRC Brumbies - Powell, Jooste, Dargaville, JJH, Smith, Taliauli, Coleman

2016 NRC JID - Hamlin, Thompson, Sinotic, Rakic, Robinson, Kotz, Campbell-O'Brian

macka_au

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone else keen to take a stab at the starting 15 for the weekend?

1. Taula
2. Man-Rea
3. Makin
4. Arnold
5. Carter
6. Smiler
7. Butler
8. Oakman-Hunt/Noa
9. Powell
10. Jooste
11. Dargaville
12. Jackson-Hope
13. Smith
14. Speight
15. Thompson

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^^ that's a pretty good effort, and I'd be pleased to see it on the field.

Reserves : McInerny, Sione, Dobson, Staniforth, Enever, Hamlin, Robinson, Taliauli.

Kotz unlucky.

Uncle Joe

Herbert Moran (7)
A lot of worthy candidates

1. Dobson
2. Man-Rea
3. Makin
4. Arnold
5. Carter
6. Smiler
7. Butler
8. Oakman-Hunt
9. Powell
10. Jooste
11. Speight
12. Jackson-Hope
13. Dargaville
14. Taliauli
15. Coleman

16 Taula
17 Sione
18 Noa​
19 Staniforth
20 Enever
21 Smith
22 Rakic
23 Kotz

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is Arnold fit? I'd like to see him back in the Wallaby squad pretty quickly.

I also wonder if the rumours of Simmo returning to Oz may see him turn out for QLD Country this weekend instead.

That's some quality lock on lock action!

macka_au

Allen Oxlade (6)
^^^^^^^ that's a pretty good effort, and I'd be pleased to see it on the field.

Reserves : McInerny, Sione, Dobson, Staniforth, Enever, Hamlin, Robinson, Taliauli.

Kotz unlucky.

Pretty Exciting!

There's a lot of talent coming out of the JID Cup. It'll be good to see some of these guys getting an opportunity to train/play with the brums guys.

Great for development and great for the comp.

Should be a good day Sunday anyway!

Uncle Joe

Herbert Moran (7)
Here is the side for round 1

1. Sione Taula
2. Robbie Abel
3. Les Makin
4. Rory Arnold
5. Blake Enever
6. Tom Staniforth
7. Jarrad Butler (c)
8. Jordan Smiler
9. Joe Powell
10. Nick Jooste
11. Lausii Taliauli
12. Jordan Jackson-Hope
13. Andrew Smith
14. James Dargaville
15. Robbie Coleman

RESERVES
16. Connal McInerney
17. Faalelei Sione
18. Nick Dobson
19. OJ Noa
20. Dean Oakman-Hunt
21. Brent Hamlin
22. Isaac Thompson
23. Henry Speight

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Solid side for the 1st round - looks like they are trying to stack the forward pack with experience which is never a bad thing - It would be nice to see Oj Noa take the No.6 spot from Staniforth but how can you really drop him to the bench?

Will be interesting to see how Dobson, Sione, and McInerney perform.

Keen to see him up against the Tongan Thor and Brad Thorn haha. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.