• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Oh how I wish this was true! Looking forward to the comp though, our 1st XV should do pretty well, perhaps the August match up will decide the HPS.

WTF,

Not long to wait now, Barker are the Favs in the 1s.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Cranbrook will struggle with depth. They have quite a few strong players but similar to last year i worry that they will be unable to cope with injuries that are inevitable in every season. Hopefully May can make it through the year, he has a lot potential. The 16s really showed some great skill last year and those in year 12 all have some 1sts rugby experience that could come in handy.

Leftrightout,

I am told by an undeniable Cranbrook source that some of last years 1sts may be replaced by last years 16as?

I questioned the logic BUT it was well backed up!

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
Thanks Carl,

I think that's great news.

Lead up games like the GPS schools you mentioned are, imo, exactly what is needed prior to the CAS comp, for obvious reasons.

I would think Barker will be more than competitive in all these games.

I believe Scots may be again the team to beat in the GPS with something like 10 back from last years winning team, Joeys will also be strong not sure on the others, time will tell.

Waverley will play Scots this year, that local derby should be a beauty at Scots.

Barker v Joeys should be a great game. Joeys have a competitive side - whether they have the firepower to match Scots, Kings & Newington time will tell.

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
Leftrightout,

I am told by an undeniable Cranbrook source that some of last years 1sts may be replaced by last years 16as?

I questioned the logic BUT it was well backed up!

Would not be suprising. The 16s had a great season last year and the 1sts didn't win a game so it would make sense to keep some of the chemistry/pairings. Taking risks wouldnt be a bad idea for Cranbrook.

the bulldog

Stan Wickham (3)
Friend from the Rugby department at Knox sent this out today regarding new weight for age, not much will change I don’t think what’s everyone else’s opinion? Could be a problem for trinity in the 16’s

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
Friend from the Rugby department at Knox sent this out today regarding new weight for age, not much will change I don’t think what’s everyone else’s opinion? Could be a problem for trinity in the 16’s

why would it be a problem for trinity's 16's??

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think Barker favourites for 2018

My predicted Waverley team

1. Harley mcguiggan
2.donnohue
3. Valentine
4. Whiteman
5. Lewis Thompson or a rice
6. murphy
7. Molloy
8. Moretti
9.? Mackasill
10. Andrews (c)
12. Jensen or kallis
13 towns
14 Baldwin
15. Luca Martin

Waves should be competive but not as strong as 2017, with depth being the issue

Think you may need to reasses your backline SonnyDill, as Waverley have secured some new bods for 2018. Places will need to be found for Lathan Hutchison-Walters, Levi Milford and the returning Will Fagan.

Waverley have now become equal favourites!

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
Think you may need to reasses your backline SonnyDill, as Waverley have secured some new bods for 2018. Places will need to be found for Lathan Hutchison-Walters, Levi Milford and the returning Will Fagan.

What about reports they won't play Towns, for disloyalty?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

Carl and SDW,

Looking at SDW's 1-15, I would guess that only about 7 are certs, as carl has said, there are some new considerations, and a number of positions may switch around and some other faces added.
What there is , is depth, with shrewd coaching.

Will be very interesting to see the starting line up shortly.

It was said that the 2017 team may not be as strong as the 2016 winning team, and we now know what eventuated last year,
Hold you breadth for 2018.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
jordon swan is a fair player ,new to waverly
i also have been told a young number 3 started
late last year, sydney u/15's rep

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
jordon swan is a fair player ,new to waverly
i also have been told a young number 3 started
late last year, sydney u/15's rep

Correct Cor,

Usually the majority of a team is pretty clear but not this year at Waverley.

S

sidelineview

Reece Thorn is a number 9 but what positions are the new players mentioned for Waverley including Jordan Swan and what is their form?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Reece Thorn is a number 9 but what positions are the new players mentioned for Waverley including Jordan Swan and what is their form?

Sideline,

Clearly I haven't seen them play but apparently a no.10/12 with very smart game reading and ball skills, a mighty fast 11.0 second winger/outside centre,another fast back, a large prop, and don't know about Jordan Swan, someone else might (Come on ref).

Throw these players in with those we know and it's hard to pick a team at the moment.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
As some of those are mentioned come from Canterbury rugby league and play for Roosters in HM does Waverley pay for their scholarship or do Waverley???

Agree Hasbeen and thanks,

However CNorth I will try to answer your question, think you need to read what you said, but, as far as I know, and I do have some inside historical knowledge and contacts, Waverley does not poach.

I suspect that when a school does well it attracts newcomers,probably in the belief that this will lead to a professional pathway eg the tahs etc, otherwise why would someone who plays league come to a union school.

The school already has some boys who play for the roosters HM and are not funded.
It also already has some very able boys who can play those positions.

In fact there is no guarantee that these players will make the 1s.

Trust this helps.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
As some of those are mentioned come from Canterbury rugby league and play for Roosters in HM does Waverley pay for their scholarship or do Waverley???

canterbury rugby , not league

jordon is a big fast 13 or 14 plenty of pace and strong
form wise who knows as no one has played a game of rugby yet but he is doing well in the roosters HM team

Status
Not open for further replies.