• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Rod would you say any Barker or Stannies boys are a shot at NSW or Aus selection this year based on performances today?

I don’t mind the competitions but have more interest in the rep stuff.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Rod would you say any Barker or Stannies boys are a shot at NSW or Aus selection this year based on performances today?

I don’t mind the competitions but have more interest in the rep stuff.

There was no program available today but Stannies have some good players. Their 1 and 4 were very solid. Also there 12 & 13 played well. The Stannies backs are talented but just never really clicked, especially when the Barker forwards hit their straps. They spent a lot of time tackling. The margin was not a reflection of the game. 2 Barker try's awarded were unfortunate referee errors. And that is from a man who bleeds Red.A true margin was 15 to 18 pts to Barker not 31.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barkers capt David Tejcek (9), Luke Reimer (8), Harry Flaherty (5) Lachlan Dring (4) Billy Pollard (2) are all CAS contenders.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
It was a good hit out for Barker today. Damn hot which did affect both teams.

From Barkers perspective, I expect there will some juggling of positions especially in the backs with Jayden Kitchener out at present with a hamstring niggle. Galloway who had a fine season on the wing last year played at 13, which does not look like his position. Considering how well Williamson played at 12 in the 2nds, promoting him to the 1sts and shifting Graham from 12 to 13 and Galloway from 13 to 14 makes sense. Graham is a quality player and should have played 1sts last year. Brydon had a good game on the left wing.

In the forwards, when Reimer scored and fired the lads up, the final score never looked in doubt.

Congrats to coaches Hargreaves and Whitaker, who have the knack of turning back rowers into props. Collison( 1)and Wilson (3) were rock solid.

Barkers BIG plus this year is Lachie Dring and Harry Flaherty in the 2nd row. Both lads would be 100kg plus and 195cm, with good hands, great with ball in hand and solid tacklers.

Along with the wrecking ball Pollard at 2, rampaging Reimer at 8, Weymouth who was everywhere at 7, when the Barker forwards get fired up they will take a lot to stop them.

Tecjek (9) and Nercessian (10) linked nicely with Nercessian crossing for 2 tries today and really straightening the line of attack and bending the defensive line.

Despite the blowout scoreline, Barker need to refine their game but the talent is there. Winning rugby is good rugby and the lads will take a lot of confidence from this game as Stannies were a good side.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
I stayed for 20 minutes before having to leave. I am surprised at the score as I thought Stannies was dominating. Barker was playing well but the Stannies forwards matched it up and if anything I thought they dominated in the rucks and mauls although the scrummaging seemed even. Their number 4 was a big unit and quite agile for his size and is a possibility for higher honoours. The thermometer in my car (when I went back to it) which was parked in the shade read 33 degrees and from the stand you could feel the heat from the oval. The Boys must have baked out there which no doubt had a bearing on performance. Reimer (as usual) and Tecjek both were having good games.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
It's great to see Josh Nercessian is playing this year. There were some posts earlier in the thread to indicate that he may be turning 19 this year. A big relief. I was concerned at the Reds fly-half position for 2018.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
haha cranbrook firsts agains TAS your joking right

It was a genuine question, although I should have added Grammar to the equation since they are playing Crabrook too. I don't know how strong TAS is this year, the match against Kinross should give us a feel, but based on last year's results including the pre-season I would have thought that First on First would be pretty even, giving both schools a good hit-out. If TAS were to play the Cranbrook Thirds it is likely to be something of a bloodbath. I guess that leaves the seconds as a possibility.

In the end, though, it's a factual question. i just don't know the program.

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Knoxonians you will be happy to know the dirt roads through Stannies have been graded the posts erected and the cricket pitches covered in dirt fresh for your arrival on Saturday. Our 13s and 14s will be travelling east over the mountains and should give a good account of themselves. Both strong sides the 14s being toughened by the year of ISA competition under their belts and the 13s coming together strongly after a short preperation. The remaining sides are playing in gods country the 15s should be very competitive and look ready to step up. The stannies 16s are improving each year and have been bolstered by a couple of new students. The 1st XV while it may not have the Stars of last year i can assure you this side has been training hard and will not lay down and will only improve as the year progresses. Looking forward to watching some great rugby this week end, wish all the players all the very best and travel safe.

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Knox to good today but a good hit out for the boys. Played nice and hard both sides will be better for the run.
Some other results
16A. Stannies15 -12
15A. Stannies 24-19
14A.
13A Stannies I believe won on the bell down in Sydney

B

Backline_Move

I think it ended with Barker and Aloys equal with three wins / one loss each. Aloys narrowly beat Barker in game one 15 to 14. Surprisingly, Aloys lost their last match to Cranbrook. May have been resting players.

It’s 7’s anything can happen no matter the players. One bad call or one lucky break and the whole game turns on it’s head.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Knox 24 d Stannies 13. A somewhat rusty performance by both sides with a number of errors. Some good signs in the Knox forwards where 7 Breden and 6 Gratwicke were busy and damaging. A number of areas to work on but some indications this Knox team may gel in weeks to come.
Stannies are a good side and Knox should never be underestimated.The Barker Knox clash this year will be a beauty as usual going by respective results against Stannies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barker2k18

Frank Row (1)
Aloys and Barker were both very impressive, Reimer and Tjeck for Barker as usual were both strong and Di Sano from Aloys.

Status
Not open for further replies.