• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Question .....is Harry Wilson's father .....former wallaby David Wilson?

Either way he is quality ... and it was a shame there was only a small crowd to see a high quality fixture

$cots had the bounce of the ball in the previous week .... against Waverley .... but a week is a long time in school boy rugby

and everything wasn't going their way today

They were without their tall number 4 (Seamus King), who played well until the somewhat dubious clean-out, ended his day

Plus Dan Botha had been elevated into the front row

However Scots lost their star 7 (Wellington?) in the first kick-off ... to a head knock

Hopoate was running water for Auggies ... so both teams could argue they were understrength

Either way it was a great game ... well refereed ... shame Waverley didn't have todays ref

.... I continue to think Auggies are favs for ISA .... as definitely well coached and some stars in their team

...and todays loss for Scots may prove a blessing ... as they don't want to get too cocky... as Joeys surely will bounce back after 2 uncharacteristic back to back losses

I noticed they (Scots) gave Darcy Clifton a run in the 2nds ... in the backs ....and IMHO he is good enough to be in the Scots 1s ... how old is he ... 14? The equivalent of Kings star winger ... a future star

my points

Scots
3. strang
2. Robson
1. Harris

Auggies
3. H Wilson
8. ?
6. #?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Question ...is Harry Wilson's father ...former wallaby David Wilson?

Either way he is quality . and it was a shame there was only a small crowd to see a high quality fixture

$cots had the bounce of the ball in the previous week .. against Waverley .. but a week is a long time in school boy rugby

They were without their tall number 4 (Seamus King), who played well until the somewhat dubious clean-out, ended his day

However Scots lost their star 7 (Wellington?) in the first kick-off . to a head knock

Hopoate was running water for Auggies . so both teams could argue they were understrength

Either way it was a great game . well refereed . shame Waverley didn't have todays ref

.. I continue to think Auggies are favs for ISA .. as definitely well coached and some stars in their team

.and todays loss for Scots may prove a blessing . as they don't want to get too cocky. as Joeys surely will bounce back after 2 uncharacteristic back to back losses

I noticed they (Scots) gave Darcy Clifton a run in the 2nds . in the backs ..and IMHO he is good enough to be in the Scots 1s . how old is he . 14? The equivalent of Kings star winger . a future star

my points

Scots
3. strang
2. Robson
1. Harris

Auggies
3. H Wilson
8. ?
6. #?

Yes he is David Wilson's son.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
thanks WLF

I thought I recognised that face ... a very passionate father ... and certainly Harry has an awesome pedigree

was a bit amusing hearing Harry tell his father to pipe down

PS apologies ... I don't know why I put this post about Scots v Auggies ....under CAS ... and I don't know how to move

either way the CAS season is shaping up as awesome

Trinity solid ... Barker red-hot (and clear favourites), Waverley more than capable

Aloys ... dark horses ... and you know what I reckon Cranbrook might just surprise

only Knox is so far looking a bit off-colour ... but they will get their act together

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
Question ...is Harry Wilson's father ...former wallaby David Wilson?

Either way he is quality . and it was a shame there was only a small crowd to see a high quality fixture

$cots had the bounce of the ball in the previous week .. against Waverley .. but a week is a long time in school boy rugby

They were without their tall number 4 (Seamus King), who played well until the somewhat dubious clean-out

However Scots lost their star 7 (Wellington?) in the first kick-off . to a head knock

Hopoate was running water for Auggies . so both teams could argue they were understrength

Either way was a great game . and I continue to think Auggies are favs for ISA .. and todays loss for Scots may prove a blessing . as they don't want to get too cocky

I noticed they gave Darcy Clifton a run in the 2nds . in the backs ..and he is good enough to be in the Scots 1s . how old is he . 14? The equivalent of Kings star winger

Yes David Wilson is Harry’s father , good breeding.
Auggies were well deserved winners today and the score flattered Scots. Auggies to strong up front and controlled the game. Scots will definately make changes next week as Scots still haven’t got their backline sorted, with players playing out off position . Scots 2 nds actually have 3 u16s players the 2 replacement centres and fullback.

Congrats to Auggies and man of the match was Freddie Lussick no9 who travelled from the central coast this morning after playing u20 roosters ,huge effort.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Very solid win for waves at Stanmore today. Very tight at oranges - 19/17 Waverley which was probably a reflection of the game. Second half was different as the score line suggests with Waverley kicking on and scoring some pretty soft tries. The Bell vs Moretti duelling No 8 battle was great to watch as they both stood head and shoulders above others but each targeted the other in a ding-dong battle. But Waverley's backs were a cut above Newington's and when Bell went off for Newington a lot of their fight seemed to drain away and Waverley made merry. Lovely day for rugby and I think last week's loss to Scots taught Waverley a few lessons. Having their captain back (Molloy) helped Waverley from both a leadership and playing perspective as he is good at both. Anyway it was a good day out and while Barker are certainly CAS favourites I have a feeling that this might the tightest competition for a while. Trinity beat Joeys by about the same margin that barker did, and Waverley put nearly 60 on Newington today. Cranbrook have been winning games as have Aloys. And Knox have great playing numbers. Should be an interesting season.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Very solid win for waves at Stanmore today. Very tight at oranges - 19/17 Waverley which was probably a reflection of the game. Second half was different as the score line suggests with Waverley kicking on and scoring some pretty soft tries. The Bell vs Moretti duelling No 8 battle was great to watch as they both stood head and shoulders above others but each targeted the other in a ding-dong battle. But Waverley's backs were a cut above Newington's and when Bell went off for Newington a lot of their fight seemed to drain away and Waverley made merry. Lovely day for rugby and I think last week's loss to Scots taught Waverley a few lessons. Having their captain back (Molloy) helped Waverley from both a leadership and playing perspective as he is good at both. Anyway it was a good day out and while Barker are certainly CAS favourites I have a feeling that this might the tightest competition for a while. Trinity beat Joeys by about the same margin that barker did, and Waverley put nearly 60 on Newington today. Cranbrook have been winning games as have Aloys. And Knox have great playing numbers. Should be an interesting season.

Brumbie, I thought today was a strange game. This year, haven't seen New before today but they opened up really well, scoring in the first 2-3 minutes.
The Waves took a while to get into their game, maybe a hangover from last weeks Scots game.

Eventually they did and in the 2nd half piled on some quick points, typically led by a number of year 11 boys, who were outstanding. Thought our no.9 Reece Thorn was great in his service and defence, as usual.
Moretti was almost back to his best, always ever present and physical, scored 2 bruising tries.

Forget the rest, Barker set to win this year's CAS comp, GPS maybe/probably Scots, ISA maybe/probably Auggies.

zeedok

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good wins from Barker, Waverley, Cranbrook, and Trinity. Another tough week for Knox....

d3b5307d4e8acbbfa739850644bfec9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well so far this is Trinity’s best preseason in years. I still rank Barker and Waverley ahead of them but they won’t be anyone’s pushover (as long as they keep their side together). Cranbrook and Aloys also have good results albeit against slightly weaker opponents. Should be a very interesting contest this year.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Well so far this is Trinity’s best preseason in years. I still rank Barker and Waverley ahead of them but they won’t be anyone’s pushover (as long as they keep their side together). Cranbrook and Aloys also have good results albeit against slightly weaker opponents. Should be a very interesting contest this year.
Trinity beating Shore by 3 isn’t a good result.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I’d be interested to know what’s happened at Knox - they had some good talent in this age group. I thought Cheal and Kablau, in particular, were highly promising.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
Trinity beating Shore by 3 isn’t a good result.

19-0 down in the last minute of the first half to winning the game shows a lot. A terrible start with a much improved shore team. no team was going to put 70 or 80 on shore today.
Trinity still won when they played like they didn't deserve to the talk of a easy game with cricket scores got to them it looked like. took them a little lightly

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
19-0 down in the last minute of the first half to winning the game shows a lot. A terrible start with a much improved shore team. no team was going to put 70 or 80 on shore today.
Trinity still won when they played like they didn't deserve to the talk of a easy game with cricket scores got to them it looked like. took them a little lightly

Do you know who scored the tries for Shore?

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
I’d be interested to know what’s happened at Knox - they had some good talent in this age group. I thought Cheal and Kablau, in particular, were highly promising.

Totally agree, the 16's last year were blessed with those 2 and others by the likes of Grobler, Rechner, Constable, Hughes and Evans who all went on to make CAS and/or NSW Schools. The Knox team yesterday seemed to lack cohesion between them, 2 weeks in a row now that most trys against Knox have been on the fringes. Tom Leigh (Who usually plays 11) had a great performance in the centres. Grobler (6) had a great performance running the ball, I believe he got best man on the Knox side voted by View. Will be interesting to see how this weekend goes at Knox infront of a stacked crowd on Gala Day... Wont be a good look to get pumped by 50 odd.

noeyeddear

Allen Oxlade (6)

Trinity have it in them to upset Barker and Waverley for sure. That was no fluke against Joeys - they flat out played better than them. Aloys a real dark horse - have racked up some big wins against weak teams so far, but they are a genuine banana skin for those two top teams. Cranbrook and Knox no chance for this year I think, but both will be much better next.

Status
Not open for further replies.