• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
This is what we are up against.

1st XV A Bell (N) W McLennan (I) N Wingrove (S) F Brown (K) Jeremy Williams (S) B Wellington (S) B Robson (S) W Harris (S) S Strang (S) C Savala (S) M Dutallis (I) D Easy (I) A Bell (I) J Sua'ali'i (K) J Mossman (S)

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Yes. I hope Ilias plays and that Edmed brings todays form to Joeys on Tuesday. The forward will be even . Its the backs that we may struggle.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Just watched the Wallabies V irish decider,

Unfortunately Rugby Union Test Matches WILL NOT change penalties goals from 3 points to 2 because it suits the soccer playing nations.
Very sick and tired of who has the best kicker, if you want goals watch the girly game.

Becoming almost unwatchable.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Well done to everyone selected.

It is concerning seeing those lists though.

Kitchener to not even be on as reserve has been one of the best this year in a winning team.

Branagan, who played CAS seconds last year and won the game, can’t even get selected as a reserve?

Cooper Chambers, played combined states in 2017, but can’t make CAS 2nds.. Hard to imagine!

Whiteman is a NSW schoolboy- that can’t make CAS 1sts.. frankly that’s a bit disrespectful.

Aloys beat Trinity but get 4 less players in.. Waverley beat Aloys and get four less players in.. despite beating the team that beat them!

Good luck to the CAS players, I think we are going to need it this year!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
The CAS 1st XV is strong. The forwards have the edge on the GPS guys and if they want to win this game they need to have Pollard Dring and Flaherty doing the tough yards ball in hand to then set up Reimer and Moretti to explode and bust the GPS team one off the ruck....

BUT.

If the GPS lads get the ball, they have speed skill and size in the backs to score tries from anywhere. CAS can win this but they need to train and play to their skill set and not let the GPS lads get the ball.

Last year is history.

Tuesday at Joeys will be close. I hope.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
The CAS 1st XV is strong. The forwards have the edge on the GPS guys and if they want to win this game they need to have Pollard Dring and Flaherty doing the tough yards ball in hand to then set up Reimer and Moretti to explode and bust the GPS team one off the ruck..

BUT.

If the GPS lads get the ball, they have speed skill and size in the backs to score tries from anywhere. CAS can win this but they need to train and play to their skill set and not let the GPS lads get the ball.

Last year is history.

Tuesday at Joeys will be close. I hope.

pollard doesn't do the tough yards, he seems to be a edge runner, dane coles type.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
pollard doesn't do the tough yards, he seems to be a edge runner, dane coles type.

Pollard is the best offensive tackle in the game.... Bar None. And he is a wrecking ball, with ball in hand. His set piece is pitch perfect. Wait till you see the video of the Trinity hooker popped 2 feet off the ground. As for the lineout throws he rarely misses. He is positionally the first player picked in CAS 1st XV in my opinion. The selectors would have had a very short discussion around his selection.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well done to everyone selected.

It is concerning seeing those lists though.

Kitchener to not even be on as reserve has been one of the best this year in a winning team.

Branagan, who played CAS seconds last year and won the game, can’t even get selected as a reserve?

Cooper Chambers, played combined states in 2017, but can’t make CAS 2nds.. Hard to imagine!

Whiteman is a NSW schoolboy- that can’t make CAS 1sts.. frankly that’s a bit disrespectful.

Aloys beat Trinity but get 4 less players in.. Waverley beat Aloys and get four less players in.. despite beating the team that beat them!

Good luck to the CAS players, I think we are going to need it this year!

boys aren't selected by watching one game.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
around the field he does little work, makes 3 or 4 first man tackles, and offers very little over the ball, set peice he looks good,
the extra year experiance as a hooker got him over the line for CAS 1st XV is the talk

My opinion does not rely on talk. It is based on what I have seen. I don't repeat others opinion. I just offer my own. Pollard is the best hooker in NSW. Clearly the selectors have a similar opinion. How they came to that view is something no one will know.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
My opinion does not rely on talk. It is based on what I have seen. I don't repeat others opinion. I just offer my own. Pollard is the best hooker in NSW. Clearly the selectors have a similar opinion. How they came to that view is something no one will know.

he is a quality footballer , I just don't beleive his selection was as clean cut as you express

S

sidelineview

It's a big statement to say he's the best hooker in NSW, but we'll soon find out.
There'll be some good footy players on display over the next few weeks.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
It's a big statement to say he's the best hooker in NSW, but we'll soon find out.
There'll be some good footy players on display over the next few weeks.

Well said SLW. Rod I love your passion but think you need to remove the Red and Blue Blinkers. Barker have used Pollard as a crash ball runner on the outside channel. From past experience NSW will want more than that.

Im not saying he won’t progress further but I have also seen him contained against a strong scrummager. Re-watch first half Barker V Joeys

Think CAS selecting Reimer at 6 is indicating where NSW schools see his most likely chances of selection at higher levels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
St Joseph's College will proudly host rugby representative fixtures on Tuesday 26 June.

12.30pm GPS White v GPS Blue

1.45pm GPS 2nd XV v CAS 2nd XV

3.00pm GPS 1st XV v CAS 1st XV

Come to the St Joseph's College Park (Augustine and Everard St Hunters Hill) for some exciting schoolboy rugby
or follow JoeysRugby Twitter for updates.

Slide1_400x400.JPG

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
^^^^^
I know that the quirks of the Season Trials “Draw” don’t take into account the likely strengths of any particular teams each year, and so we missed seeing a Waves v Scots game last year, and we don’t have scheduled a Barker v Scots game this year, with CAS 1’s having 8(?) players from Barker, and GPS 1’s having 8 selected from Scots, the final match on Tuesday afternoon over at HH will at least be a reasonable “substitute”! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.