• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I completely disagree. If the Barker crowd had been as obviously boisterous and disruptive when HW was taking the final penalty and he missed, the Waverley old boys would be crying foul st the tops of their lungs. The fact that the Barker crowd respected the moment and we’re deathly silent meant that the Waverley old boys had nothing to whinge about and that only highlights the cultural gulf between the supporter groups. I am sure the Waverley teachers and Head are equally embarrassed. For the record the Waverley students were passionate and respectful. No qualm with the students behaviour.

I agree with Rod,

I really hate the way the young idiots behave on the other side of the QP field.
It's embarrassing but typically it's only a few out of a large crowd, but of course they stand out.
Last year I was on that side and pulled 1 up.

The trouble is that they have left school so it's not so easy to stop it, you might think it is, but not sure if it is.
Headmasters can only do so much.

As Up and Under said a few pages back I have also seen it at other schools, Barker last year was not good either.

I will post the match review today and will most certainly not be commenting on this rubbish because I need every word to embellish a very special game.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
I agree with Rod,

I really hate the way the young idiots behave on the other side of the QP field.
It's embarrassing but typically it's only a few out of a large crowd, but of course they stand out.
Last year I was on that side and pulled 1 up.

The trouble is that they have left school so it's not so easy to stop it, you might think it is, but not sure if it is.
Headmasters can only do so much.

As Up and Under said a few pages back I have also seen it at other schools, Barker last year was not good either.

I will post the match review today and will most certainly not be commenting on this rubbish because I need every word to embellish a very special game.

Thanks WLF. Yours is the only CAS report from this week sadly.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
And much as it pains me to say it Andrew Corey (i am a fan) got one thing wrong with the moretti try

But didn't obv impact the result

Yeah, looked in real time, like Moretti had dropped the ball, before scoring. But to refs credit, his vision was obscured and can only play what he saw.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah, looked in real time, like Moretti had dropped the ball, before scoring. But to refs credit, his vision was obscured and can only play what he saw.

Ref had a good game. No yellow cards, and the penalties given during the game were justified.

On a side note how good was HW for Waverley. That must be his best game of the year. I gather he was under a injury cloud earlier in season which no doubt affected his rep rugby participation but he will be a huge force next year. Watch out GPS. CAS could do three in a row....

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Ref had a good game. No yellow cards, and the penalties given during the game were justified.

On a side note how good was HW for Waverley. That must be his best game of the year. I gather he was under a injury cloud earlier in season which no doubt affected his rep rugby participation but he will be a huge force next year. Watch out GPS. CAS could do three in a row..

Best ref I have seen in schools games all year. Hope he has the whistle in Scots v Joeys and Scots v Kings.

HW played unbelievably well. A dead set star.

Don't forget though, back for GPS next year will be Sua'ali'i, Connolly, Mossman, Gibbs, Rugless, Penesini, Weekes, Zuchiatti and others

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Best ref I have seen in schools games all year. Hope he has the whistle in Scots v Joeys and Scots v Kings.

Don't forget though, back for GPS next year will be Sua'ali'i, Connolly, Mossman, Gibbs, Rugless, Penesini, Weekes, Zuchiatti and others

Oops...I should no better than to count chickens...OK.. as usual GPS will start favourites.

CAS need to find some big 2nd rowers. Barker's Jordan Cameron (year 11) is about 6'4, but weighs in 12 plus kg less than Flaherty or Dring.

Are there any notables coming through. Is this years Knox 2nd row from year 11? ?

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Following on from the fantastic effort our GPS colleagues did at Hunters Hill, where the Joeys and Kings communities came together and raised at last count over $68,000 for the drought relief, Barker College is asking all Knox and Barker supporters to do the same this coming weekend. So please whether you are a rugby, soccer , AFL, winter Tennis, Hockey etc please support this cause.
Barker drought relief.jpg

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not that it's very important, but someone should take aside the Waverley player who scored that intercept and have a quiet word to him. The problem if you taunt the player chasing you is that, old-fashioned notions of sportsmanship aside, if you end up losing the game, as he did, you set yourself up for an even bigger serve in return if the other guy is as silly as you are.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

Rich_E,

It's quite amazing how many of these boys star, and yet they are still in year 11 or younger in both associations.

Next year the Waves have returning no.10 Hutchinson-Walters (year 11 now) ,no.12 Ronald Volkman (year 10 now),
no.13 Levi Milford,and replacement this year normally 16as Jordan Swan (year 10 now), all are backs.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Oops.I should no better than to count chickens.OK.. as usual GPS will start favourites.

CAS need to find some big 2nd rowers. Barker's Jordan Cameron (year 11) is about 6'4, but weighs in 12 plus kg less than Flaherty or Dring.

Are there any notables coming through. Is this years Knox 2nd row from year 11? ?

Rod, Waves will have back current 1st XV second rower Alex Rice and probably 16as Miles Amatosero, both big boys.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Not that it's very important, but someone should take aside the Waverley player who scored that intercept and have a quiet word to him. The problem if you taunt the player chasing you is that, old-fashioned notions of sportsmanship aside, if you end up losing the game, as he did, you set yourself up for an even bigger serve in return if the other guy is as silly as you are.

Agree Snort, I believe it has been done.

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oops.I should no better than to count chickens.OK.. as usual GPS will start favourites.

Knox will have a very strong forward pack next year; Kablau, Cheal, Gratwicke, Breden, Grobler, Hughes, Pratt, Macdonald all have had substantial time in knox 1's. Gratwicke and Breden as a backrow combo have been pilfering balls in all situations, Gratwicke especially with his big build will be very very good next year. In regards to two row, Hughes and Pratt have both been playing 2nds this year, both however have started a game and come on most games this year for 1's. Cheal has been playing 2 row in the last couple of games, after last year with what seemed like a great year for him, he has seriously struggled this year physically... hes lost lots of size, muscle and general power in contact situations. Hopefully for Knox's sake he puts some size on over the off season or he will struggle again with the likes of pollard (B) , cameron(B), rice (W), buchanan (T) who already have some size this year (in year 11)... all games this year knox have had either 6/8 or 7/8 of the forward pack all year 11's...

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Rod, Waves will have back current 1st XV second rower Alex Rice and probably 16as Miles Amatosero, both big boys.

Good. I like Rice... I have no idea how barkers 16As have been this year. I know they beat Waves BUT, we need more. 2nds and 1st second rowers are all year 12 from Barker this year

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Apparently Waverley didn't score. Think you meant to say Barker College highlights - false advertising.

The video is done by a year 12 student at Barker. It is not meant to reflect the game. It is to highlight the Barker players. This topic has been discussed before on this forum so it need go no further. I am sure Waves will put together a quality highlight reel as well and it to will be worth watching. They played a cracking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.