• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Most impressive thing in that video is tecjek the barker 9, not only is he an awesome halfback

He has a heart . if he was my son . I would be so proud. particularly of his actions at the end of the game

He will go far . mark my words

Endorse that ‘end of game’ comment, SDW.
V well said, mate.
Something about the sheer sportsmanship of Tejcek, just the sheer class of the kid, in that particular moment.
Super impressed.

Knoxdad_89

Bob McCowan (2)
What a spectacular game on Saturday at Death Valley, a real “grand final” type atmosphere. Well done to barker for one of the best comebacks I’ve witnessed at school boy level and credit to Waverley for the effort they put in they should hold their heads high. Was wondering if anyone can confirm that there were Australian Schoolboy selectors there on Saturday to watch Barkers #12 Josh Nercessian. I’ve heard a few rumours that they were at the game and he’s a red hot chance of being one of the 5 boys added to the squad. The form he’s been in for Barker I can’t see why you wouldn’t add him.
(@Rodskellet Have u heard anything out of barker about Nercessian’s chances of being added to squad ? Also I thought he was too old to be in contention for Representative footy ?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Most impressive thing in that video is tecjek the barker 9, not only is he an awesome halfback

He has a heart . if he was my son . I would be so proud. particularly of his actions at the end of the game

He will go far . mark my words

It comes top down from his Dad - one of the most selfless nature's gentleman you could expect to meet. Father and Son are all class.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
That kid would have had the weight of the world on his shoulders mate in the form of the disappointed northern boundary and his schoolmates.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
That kid would have had the weight of the world on his shoulders mate in the form of the disappointed northern boundary and his schoolmates.

Thanks Has, probably more than anyone, you know who I mean was in shock/disappointment etc, he is a great sport and mates with many of the Barker boys.

Flavio appears to have only recently joined the site and has only posted snipping comments, believe it or not the Waves also had some tough calls like the position of the last penalty BUT Barker deserved to win, read my game report.

There was some Barker idiot who kept running in front of the pavilion and screaming at the top of his voice, however no one mentioned him. He was so smart he had a Barker sloppy Joe on, wouldn't be surprised if it was Flavio.
He looked like a Flavio.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Moretti had some detractors at the start of the season,even within Waverley, but he has matured, and not too many would have a bad word about him.

So think he definitely could be forgiven if he neglected to walk through a tunnel after a gutting defeat

He looked weary at the end of the nationals ... and when that glandular fever rumour went out, I half believed it

Anyways tall poppy syndrome Alive and well

And I prefer to see positives in things

Really think cas rugby is doing well ... and long as keep the likes of cranbrook and aloys in the mix, I'd suggest we are showing gps how it should be done ... imho

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Thanks Has, probably more than anyone, you know who I mean was in shock/disappointment etc, he is a great sport and mates with many of the Barker boys.

Flavio appears to have only recently joined the site and has only posted snipping comments, believe it or not the Waves also had some tough calls like the position of the last penalty BUT Barker deserved to win, read my game report.

There was some Barker idiot who kept running in front of the pavilion and screaming at the top of his voice, however no one mentioned him. He was so smart he had a Barker sloppy Joe on, wouldn't be surprised if it was Flavio.
He looked like a Flavio.

Yeah I heard him too. Not sure who he is.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wlf.... yes that final penalty kick opportunity was moved . Andrew Corey raised his arm originally further in field

I was on the northern perimeter so don't know what crowd thought?

Either way who cares ... barker deserved to win...they just kept coming.

I would be curious to know of any bigger schoolboy packs... maybe that scots centenary pack that robbed joeys... with that infamous photo of the scots and joeys captains facing off

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I would be curious to know of any bigger schoolboy packs. maybe that scots centenary pack that robbed joeys. with that infamous photo of the scots and joeys captains facing off

images

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Personally, I think the cross-association pre-CAS season games have benefitted CAS enormously in a very short period of time. Last year Waverley racked up some big scores against their GPS cousins and this year Barker and to a lesser extent Waverley did very well. Trinity even knocked over Joeys. CAS has won two in a row as well. Now that has to level off at some stage and the relative depth in playing numbers is a big concern, but at the moment CAS is being canny in their rep selections, choosing combinations over individuals (where it makes sense) and this is giving them results. But I think the biggest change I've noticed is in the attitude of other schools when they play CAS schools (my only experience is Waverley). In most past years Waverley would always play a trial against Riverview and the result was largely a foregone conclusion so it didn't elicit much interest. This year Riverview won by two or three points and when the whistle went the Riverview boys in the crowd yelled and hollered and ran onto the field to surround their team after a close and hard game at QP. I was next to some Riverview parents who yelled out 'Why are you getting so excited - it's only the CAS' - which proves my point. The parents didn't get it but the boys did. Nowadays you don't just turn up expecting to win. Against the good Waverley, Barker, Knox teams in particular, you've now got to dig deep to win. Not sure how long it will last, but it's certainly a positive development. And the more success the CAS teams have, the more representative selections they have, which means the less likely kids are to jettison CAS schools because they think the representative grass is greener in the GPS/

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Personally, I think the cross-association pre-CAS season games have benefitted CAS enormously in a very short period of time. Last year Waverley racked up some big scores against their GPS cousins and this year Barker and to a lesser extent Waverley did very well. Trinity even knocked over Joeys. CAS has won two in a row as well. Now that has to level off at some stage and the relative depth in playing numbers is a big concern, but at the moment CAS is being canny in their rep selections, choosing combinations over individuals (where it makes sense) and this is giving them results. But I think the biggest change I've noticed is in the attitude of other schools when they play CAS schools (my only experience is Waverley). In most past years Waverley would always play a trial against Riverview and the result was largely a foregone conclusion so it didn't elicit much interest. This year Riverview won by two or three points and when the whistle went the Riverview boys in the crowd yelled and hollered and ran onto the field to surround their team after a close and hard game at QP. I was next to some Riverview parents who yelled out 'Why are you getting so excited - it's only the CAS' - which proves my point. The parents didn't get it but the boys did. Nowadays you don't just turn up expecting to win. Against the good Waverley, Barker, Knox teams in particular, you've now got to dig deep to win. Not sure how long it will last, but it's certainly a positive development. And the more success the CAS teams have, the more representative selections they have, which means the less likely kids are to jettison CAS schools because they think the representative grass is greener in the GPS/
That GPS elitist B.S. gives me the s....ts as well. I love to see barker or Waverley give a GPS side a thorough thumping. The W thumping of Joeys last year case in point. Barker over Kings this year. Sorry Riche E....

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Wlf.. yes that final penalty kick opportunity was moved . Andrew Corey raised his arm originally further in field

I was on the northern perimeter so don't know what crowd thought?

Either way who cares . barker deserved to win.they just kept coming.

I would be curious to know of any bigger schoolboy packs. maybe that scots centenary pack that robbed joeys. with that infamous photo of the scots and joeys captains facing off

Don’t forget the schoolboy pack that Skelton played in.

Plus I thought Sydney High finished 2nd in 1993 with only a loss to Scots.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
I love to see barker or Waverley give a GPS side a thorough thumping. The W thumping of Joeys last year case in point. Barker over Kings this year. Sorry Riche E..
That's OK HB. GPS sides have enjoyed running up some big scores against CAS sides until recently too. Haha.

But being serious now, I don't really see or hear much, if any, 'elitist' thinking amongst GPS supporters. Not the ones I mix with anyway. Sure there would have to be the odd wanker out there who is probably just taking the piss anyway. But that, imo, would be the minority.

I reckon the recent wins by many of the CAS sides (and CAS 1s) against GPS sides has been a really good thing. Better for the lads. Better for the schools and hopefully better for Australian rugby. I'm thinking too that we might see the benefit of this when we take on NZ schools in October.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
That's OK HB. GPS sides have enjoyed running up some big scores against CAS sides until recently too. Haha.

But being serious now, I don't really see or hear much, if any, 'elitist' thinking amongst GPS supporters. Not the ones I mix with anyway. Sure there would have to be the odd wanker out there who is probably just taking the piss anyway. But that, imo, would be the minority.

I reckon the recent wins by many of the CAS sides (and CAS 1s) against GPS sides has been a really good thing. Better for the lads. Better for the schools and hopefully better for Australian rugby. I'm thinking too that we might see the benefit of this when we take on NZ schools in October.

Agree Rich_E,

I do think that our Aussie forward pack, a combination of both associations, will be one of the strongest we have had for many years. Time will tell but we should be a real chance against the Kiwi's and all others this year, assuming they all stay with rugby.

There were some unfortunate comments about CAS schools playing GPS schools a few years ago, but that has vanished, and the games are now extremely good. I have always said I prefer these cross association games vs a home and away series.
So I agree with you, that as a result, certainly CAS, if not in both associations, the standard is probably stronger now across more schools than it had been for some years.

I would still like to see a divisional comp that includes the ISA,CHS etc so we further strengthen the talent pool.
Whilst having your own existing comp as part of it all, of course.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
I'm pretty sure thats the Scots second rower (Webster) looking at the Joeys' hooker.
A natural difference in height but a wonderful psych-up for Scots.
That could be Webster in pic. Hard to tell. But Webster was a prop and Tom Bowman, second row, was quite a bit taller than Webster. Could be Bowman.

J Dog Fenton

Peter Burge (5)
I know it's early in the week, but predictions for this weekend? Possibly an upset coming barker's way from their close rivals Knox?

Status
Not open for further replies.