• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
There’s OB’s carrying on like pork chops (I have witnessed both schools with this) and then there is utilising a electronic megaphone to amplify yourself right when the opposition is kicking.

Sorry, no contest. Whilst both OB’s manner is disgraceful, the megaphone was just pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

sidelineview

What a spectacular game on Saturday at Death Valley, a real “grand final” type atmosphere. Well done to barker for one of the best comebacks I’ve witnessed at school boy level and credit to Waverley for the effort they put in they should hold their heads high. Was wondering if anyone can confirm that there were Australian Schoolboy selectors there on Saturday to watch Barkers #12 Josh Nercessian. I’ve heard a few rumours that they were at the game and he’s a red hot chance of being one of the 5 boys added to the squad. The form he’s been in for Barker I can’t see why you wouldn’t add him.
(@Rodskellet Have u heard anything out of barker about Nercessian’s chances of being added to squad ? Also I thought he was too old to be in contention for Representative footy ?)

If the selectors were there they would have been impressed with Waverley's Hutchinson-Walters.

S

sidelineview

There’s OB’s carrying on like pork chops (I have witnessed both schools with this) and then there is utilising a electronic megaphone to amplify yourself right when the opposition is kicking.

Sorry, no contest. Whilst both OB’s manner is disgraceful, the megaphone was just pathetic.

Agreed. It was over the top but stealing a lamb or stealing a sheep is still theft.
Whoever was responsible for that may now believe in karma.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
I think Mr Skellet needs to come down off his high horse

As an ex minus 2 handicap polo player (those who don't understand polo, that is the lowest handicap you can be) I do not climb up on a high horse. I call a spade a shovel and I will disclose and admonish bad sportsmanship for the good of all participants, irrespective of their school, race, colour or sex. I have good friends at all CAS and GPS schools, both in Qld and NSW, so I say to all and sundry, playing the game of Rugby and to those with a vestive interest, being student, parent, old boy or girl, or just keen and avid follower of rugby in Australia, lets keep the comments positive and respect our opponents and take the wins with equal grace as the losses.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
As an ex minus 2 handicap polo player (those who don't understand polo, that is the lowest handicap you can be) I do not climb up on a high horse. I call a spade a shovel and I will disclose and admonish bad sportsmanship for the good of all participants, irrespective of their school, race, colour or sex. I have good friends at all CAS and GPS schools, both in Qld and NSW, so I say to all and sundry, playing the game of Rugby and to those with a vestive interest, being student, parent, old boy or girl, or just keen and avid follower of rugby in Australia, lets keep the comments positive and respect our opponents and take the wins with equal grace as the losses.

That you would know my great Uncle John Sinclair-Hill.
He was a bush lad who went to Kings and then went to the UK to learn the craft.
James Ashton as well was a good family friend. His son Jamie was a huge loss.
Great game but bloody dangerous

Back to the rugby.

S

sidelineview

Anyone who plays at Death Valley and doesnt expect boisterous behaviour from the Old Boys including having their goal kickers jeered is kidding themselves. Right or wrong its par for the course.

Trying to sanitise it from high moral ground wont have much of an impact.

Comparing the style of barracking from Old Boys and that of school students is unrealistic.

Labelling an entire group through the actions of a few is not getting things into perspective.

Highlighting the so called sins of the opposition while neglecting to mention your own is to distort the facts.

Claiming there is a Cultural gulf between the two groups based on the above can be seen as not being positive as well as an over reaction.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
That you would know my great Uncle John Sinclair-Hill.
He was a bush lad who went to Kings and then went to the UK to learn the craft.
James Ashton as well was a good family friend. His son Jamie was a huge loss.
Great game but bloody dangerous

Back to the rugby.
Yes. He was Australia’s first 10 goal player and a good friend of HRH Prince Charles...I New James briefly through the Scone polo club when I jackarooed up that way in 1982/83...

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Should be a few good matchups this weekend in the Barker V Knox match. Scrums should be very interesting, both front rows with some very decent players, however, Barker should have them with the likes of Pollard there. Hopefully the knox boys give the reds a run in the backrow, Reimer should give Gratwicke and Breden a hard day at the office. Forward game will go to Barker this saturday although knox should come in with a good chance.

Backs will be a completely different story, tejeck will lead they backs well, nercessian at 12 should run rings around korthout and galloway out on the wing will undoubtedly moonwalk his way past addis from knox (wouldnt be surprised if the Knox coach drops him after last weeks performance against aloys. and every other performance he has had in their 1xv side). Reds backs will pull the pants down of the knox side and run in try after try.

Knox will lift as a side as its the last match of the season and more importantly against arch rivals barker at barker, would be an awesome way to ruin the party for barker. But I just dont see it happening, Barker will be too strong in the backs, especially when you compare the outside backs, their forwards will have a tougher day at the office than the backs but no doubt they will push hard for a clean sweep in the CAS comp. Barker by 30 ;)
Agree with most of what you have said but please keep derogatory remarks about individuals out of your posts.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Agree with most of what you have said but please keep derogatory remarks about individuals out of your posts.

Casrugby 2017, Carl is completely correct.

I am led to believe in these days of media, the boys can/do access this stuff, and I am sure your intention is to not hurt anyone. So constructive comments and congrats are the game.

Cheers Big Guy, stay with us and enjoy lots of fun.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good luck to all the year 12 boys playing their final CAS game today - irrespective of whether you are playing 1sts or 6ths.
You have provided great entertainment to your peers, coaches, parents and other family members. You have demonstrated the highest levels of commitment, determination and resilience.
The relationships you have formed with team mates, and in many cases, players from other teams, will remain for many, many years to come.
For those sitting out through injury, we feel for you - but hopefully, your mates can deliver the result that you seek.
Good luck to you all for CAS round 5, and also for many more years of rugby fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.