• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAS>GPS

Bob McCowan (2)
What's the format looking like for next year William? Will they stick with just the 5 CAS games or resort back to a 2 round comp or even possibly a combined competition. I think some sort of Combined comp would be the best way to go for Australian rugby. Have the best schools playing each other each week. It's no good watching games 50+ nill.

CAS>GPS

Bob McCowan (2)
Bryden, Graham, Dudley, Gorsuch and Collison will all be returning. Some of these boys also played in 1's at times during the season.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
What's the format looking like for next year William? Will they stick with just the 5 CAS games or resort back to a 2 round comp or even possibly a combined competition. I think some sort of Combined comp would be the best way to go for Australian rugby. Have the best schools playing each other each week. It's no good watching games 50+ nill.

Hopefully back to ten rounds.

Home and away would be good for the competition.

CAS>GPS

Bob McCowan (2)
My predicted Barker line up for 2018

1. Slinn (injured 16'A)
2. Pollard (1sts)
3. Wilson/Turner (both 16A)
4. Flaherty (1sts)
5. Cameron (16As)
6. Dring (1sts)
7. Weymouth (1sts)
8. Reimer - Capt. (1sts)
9. Tjeck (1sts)
10. Kitchener/Dudley (1sts)
11. Galloway (1sts)
12. Graham (2nds)
13. Bryden (2nds/1sts)
14. Vass/Bassher (16As) (3rds)
15. Dudley/Kitchener (2nds)

CAS>GPS

Bob McCowan (2)
From the Barker game and the game against Joeys i recognize 4-5 names that were on the team lists.

CAS>GPS

Bob McCowan (2)
I can't see another 12-13 players being used throughout the season and throw in the year 12 2nds players.

CAS>GPS

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm making the point your claim that 12 are returning is invalid. Waverley used lots of players to fill spots when they needed them for injuries. But there is 7 genuine firsts players returning. You have 8. Stop the hyperbole.

Although i wouldn't be surprised if Waverley change their team lists around, it's not the first time they've been untruthful

CAS>GPS

Bob McCowan (2)
Were you behind the 'fake team list' William? In all seriousness i don't think that's the right thing to do especially in schoolboy rugby.

CAS>GPS

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm not dwelling on it mate, you guys won but i just don't think that's in the spirit of the game. If it were the other way around i'm sure you'd feel the same way.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Who are the players likely to make higher honours next year from this competition?

For example Australian Schoolboys.

It will be interesting to see the level of competition for various positions across the country.

Tuamasaga

Bob McCowan (2)
Who are the players likely to make higher honours next year from this competition?

For example Australian Schoolboys.

It will be interesting to see the level of competition for various positions across the country.

obviously moretti, reimer and tejcek will expect to achieve at least nsw representation. the nsw u16 representatives will also hope to make at least cas 2nds. galloway, pollard, constable, hawkes, hughes, cameron, kablau, molloy, and rechner are among ones to watch for 2018 and 2019.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I missed a winger so I'll try a team again

1. Harley mcguiggan (2nds)
2. Donnohue (3rds) or Ben Paterson (converted breakaway)
3. Valentine (2nds) or A SantaMaria (16As)
4. Whiteman (1sts & CAS 2nds, NSW ?)
5. Lewis Thompson (Injury - Shot Put ) or A Rice (16As, Rep Exp)
6. Murphy (1sts & injured earlier in season)
7. Molloy (2nds & NSW u 16s)
8. Moretti (1sts & Aussie Schools)
9. Mackaskill /Thorn/?
10. Andrews (c) - (1sts playing out of position)
11. Jensen (16As)
12. Kallis (3rds)
13 towns (2nds)
14 Baldwin (1sts)
15. Luca Martin (2nds)

Truth is there are some big shoes to fill . so need to have a good off-season

SDW,

Yes SDW, some big shoes to fill, same was said about the 2017 team after the 2016 team triumphed.

This team not only has a lot of 1st XV experience, and rep, but also this team was the 2016 16as team that was undefeated in the CAS, now is their year. their time in 2018.

Plus the 2 1st XV coaches aren't bad, so if the big game in 2018 is against Barker, it will be played at Death Valley, read into our chances now, as you will.

This would also be a trifecta year for the school, can't remember if/when that has ever been achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.