• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Having also viewed those highlights, it is now more clear to me where Luca's attributes and skills will be best suited. And it ain't at Randwick Colts.

Carl,

I assume you mean league,if so, fair enough that's your view.

Mine is that he has the skills for either code and would much prefer him in union.
If we don't start building the future, then let's forget about beating the brilliant Kiwi's.
I think so far he has well and truly proven enough at union.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
Carl,

I assume you mean league,if so, fair enough that's your view.

Mine is that he has the skills for either code and would much prefer him in union.
If we don't start building the future, then let's forget about beating the brilliant Kiwi's.
I think so far he has well and truly proven enough at union.
looking forward to seeing him play the kiwi schools this year, He looked gun shy last year in the australian schoolboy teams

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I reckon Waverley has a good track record of producing good backrowers

Off the top of my head notables include

2010 Jed Holloway
2012 jack Johnson
2013 Ryan powter
2015 justin cooper
2016 Ben o’sullivan
2017 Liam Cornish

Now I don’t think any of these quality players were dual code internationals

So is Luca better than all of the above?!

I guess time will tell...

I remember thinking Phil Waugh was too small to get a lot beyond Aussie schools... and I got that very wrong

I do think we are into a new super sized era for rugby... so I can see an argument that Luca could go better in league.

Either way I agree with WLF I think Union more generally needs to be stemming flow to league. As last time we were competitive in wobs we were pilfering the likes of wendall sailor, Matt Rogers, tiquiri etc

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
looking forward to seeing him play the kiwi schools this year, He looked gun shy last year in the australian schoolboy teams

Gun shy isn't a word I would use in his career/quite the opposite.

I do remember him getting a yellow card last year against the Fijian school boys for driving a forward almost into the crowd in a legit tackle, it was deemed as just too aggressive.

Have a look at his highlights re gun shy.

You would expect him to lead the Aussie pack and time will be the judge.

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
You probably know that both Randwick Colts 1s and 2s are in next weeks GF, both undefeated all season, with 12 Waves boys across both teams, most are in the 1s.

Our Waves younger teams are pretty good for the future.

Against the might of the North Shore’s own Gordon Highlanders no less who made THREE colts GF’s this year. Our 1sts, 2nds & 3rds all got a ticket to the big dance.

Will be tough for them, but hopefully a good game.

Nice to see some resilience at Gordon, hopefully it leaches into opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Against the might of the North Shore’s own Gordon Highlanders no less who made THREE colts GF’s this year. Our 1sts, 2nds & 3rds all got a ticket to the big dance.

Will be tough for them, but hopefully a good game.

Nice to see some resilience at Gordon, hopefully it leaches into opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that's a great effort to make all 3 GF's.

Look forward to some good footy.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yep, that's a great effort to make all 3 GF's.

Look forward to some good footy.
The game will see some interesting match-ups from several ex CAS graduates - Cutrone vs Drew-Morris, Mazaraki vs Mohi, but perhaps the most significant, Dainton vs Donaldson. Injury killed Matt Dainton's last three years, and I suspect he would be spoken about in a similar vain to Ben had he played regularly. He is a star.
Will be hoping for a Gordon win in Colts 1, but the task is mammoth against a team brimming with future Tahs.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
The game will see some interesting match-ups from several ex CAS graduates - Cutrone vs Drew-Morris, Mazaraki vs Mohi, but perhaps the most significant, Dainton vs Donaldson. Injury killed Matt Dainton's last three years, and I suspect he would be spoken about in a similar vain to Ben had he played regularly. He is a star.
Will be hoping for a Gordon win in Colts 1, but the task is mammoth against a team brimming with future Tahs.

Yes Carl,

Shaping up as a beauty, lots of serious talent on show.

Timothy jones

Frank Row (1)
predicted Aloys XV:
1. Robertson (16a)
2. Winters (16a)/ wells (2nd XV)
3. Mcneil (1st XV)
4. Allen (1st XV)
5. Partington (1st XV)
6. Marning (2nd XV)
7. Perego (1st XV)
8. Shiel- dick (16a's)
9. Sidgreaves (16a) / Griffin (2nd XV)
10. Antico (16a)
11. Jones (16a)
12. Spalding (1st XV)
13. Weber (2nd XV)
14. Yates (2nd XV)
15. James (16a)

Aloys will struggle next year despite the class of 2019 group winning in the 15's and the 16's being competitive throughout the age group with the recurring aloysian issue of a lack of depth and the importing of other schools being the main factors. Potential for an upset with a few big names in the lineup with some X factor and returning boys who would no doubt have gained valuable experience playing alongside the strong 2018 class, but once injuries set in around CAS a depleted aloys team could be in for a few cricket scores against the powerhouse teams.

jack tsalakas

Bob McCowan (2)
Predicted Waves XV
1. Alohea
2. Ferguson
3. ??? 16A I presume
4. Rice
5. Amotosero/Daley
6. Baker/Bartlett
7.Zzabo
8. Moretti
9. Howel/Johnson
10. R.Volkman/Howel
11. Swann
12. Hutchinson-walters
13. L.Milford
14. Fagan?/ Smith
15. Kite

other possibles.
7. Braham
11. Detorre
12,13 Elmes

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Predicted Waves XV
1. Alohea
2. Ferguson
3. ??? 16A I presume
4. Rice
5. Amotosero/Daley
6. Baker/Bartlett
7.Zzabo
8. Moretti
9. Howel/Johnson
10. R.Volkman/Howel
11. Swann
12. Hutchinson-walters
13. L.Milford
14. Fagan?/ Smith
15. Kite

other possibles.
7. Braham
11. Detorre
12,13 Elmes

Jack, good effort and extremely hard to predict at this stage, but I think there will be many changes to your predictions.
I can only see 7 spots in your team that are probably certs, and not necessarily in those spots.

At this stage, and until after preseason training which starts in Nov, I think its a lottery for many positions but not the obvious.
Next year the Waves will have a strong back line, the forwards will be the defining factor.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jack, good effort and extremely hard to predict at this stage, but I think there will be many changes to your predictions.
I can only see 7 spots in your team that are probably certs, and not necessarily in those spots.

At this stage, and until after preseason training which starts in Nov, I think its a lottery for many positions but not the obvious.
Next year the Waves will have a strong back line, the forwards will be the defining factor.
the new imports will stiffen tight fowards

jack tsalakas

Bob McCowan (2)

You are right WLF but watching most of waves Home games this year I think thats the team that will hopefully win the CAS premiership back to birrell street.

That team will obviously not be exact but Imo will have the best chance.

any noise on when pre season starts for all the schools.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
the new imports will stiffen tight fowards

Not aware of any new imports, and I am close to the ground, careful what you post re imports because if not true, the mud sticks. My suggestion is wait and see rather than post a cryptic comment,other schools may also gets some new players.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not aware of any new imports, and I am close to the ground, careful what you post re imports because if not true, the mud sticks. My suggestion is wait and see rather than post a cryptic comment,other schools may also gets some new players.

if the boys parents are to believed there will be at least 2 new back rowers. I have no need to believe i was told bull shit by them.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
if the boys parents are to believed there will be at least 2 new back rowers. I have no need to believe i was told bull shit by them.

CoR, I am not suggesting it's BS, just not sure what you are trying to achieve by posting it here.