• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Queensland U18s Academy side to face Rebels U18s in Victoria:

1. Harry Vella – St.Joseph’s Nudgee College
2. Jake Tierney – Brisbane Boys College
3. Zane Nonggorr – The Southport School
4. George Gibson – Brisbane Boys College
5. Wilson Blyth – The Southport School
6. Matthew Englebrecht – University of Queensland Rugby Club
7. Will Roach – University of Queensland Rugby Club (VC)
8. Titi Nofoagatotoa – St.Joseph’s Nudgee College
9. Kalani Thomas – Ipswich Grammar School
10. Jake Pappin – Brothers Rugby Club
11. Glen Vaihu – St. Joseph’s Gregory Tce
12. Christian Krause – Ipswich Grammar School
13. Josh Flook – Brothers Rugby Club (C)
14. Jojo Fifita – The Southport School
15. Dion Samuela – The Southport School

Reserves
16. Zack Crothers – Easts Rugby Club
17. John Downes – GPS Rugby Club
18. Tim Faingaanuku – Toowoomba Grammar School
19. Charlie Hayes – St.Joseph’s Nudgee College
20. Keenan Timu – Marsden State High School
21. Finn Hearn – St.Joseph’s Nudgee College
22. Kaleb Ngamanu – The Southport School
23. Mac Grealy – Downlands College

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
No idea where the NSW equivalent is. So the Gregory Terrace lads missed the academy side but go to the National schools champs. Total cock up by the ARU. We are owed a lot better than this.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Also a puzzle - since the Gen Blue kids don't seem to play until September (though this information is also hidden under a rock by the NSWRU), why should they not be able to play the schools championships? It's a mess.

P. Parker

Allen Oxlade (6)
NSW 1
Barker - 1
Joeys - 7
Knox - 3
Newington - 4
Riverview - 2
Scots - 1
St Augustines - 2
St Stanislaus - 1
Waverley - 1
Windsor HS - 1

CAS 1 - 3
CAS 2 - 2
CHS 1 - 1
GPS - 1
GPS 1 - 7
GPS 2 - 6
ISA 1 - 3

P. Parker

Allen Oxlade (6)
NSW 2
Barker - 3
Joeys - 2
Knox - 2
Riverview - 3
Scots - 2
St Augustines - 2
Waverley - 3
Epping BHS - 1
Cranbrook - 1
Oakhill - 1
Westfield SHS - 1
Kinross - 1
Hunter SHS - 1

CAS 1
CAS 2 - 3
CHS 1 - 3
GPS 1 - 1
GPS 2 - 6
ISA 1 - 4

P. Parker

Allen Oxlade (6)
NSW 1 & 2
Barker - 4
Cranbrook - 1
Epping BHS - 1
Hunter SHS - 1
Joeys - 9
Kinross - 1
Knox - 5
Newington - 4
Oakhill - 1
Riverview - 5
Scots - 3
St Augustines - 4
St Stanislaus - 1
Waverley - 4
Westfield SHS - 1
Windsor HS - 1

CAS 1
CAS 2 - 5
CHS 1 - 4
GPS - 1
GPS 1 - 8
GPS 2 - 12
ISA 1 - 7

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Meanwhile I am still lost at IKEA

article-1349831-0CE10D7A000005DC-558_634x623.jpg

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
How did CAS u16’s go today?

If you are serious and really want to know without bias, more than happy to extend the olive branch and move on/be positive for our CAS teams. There were 8 strong teams, many many schools involved with their best boys playing in all teams.
In the end the GPS 1 team and the CAS team both were undefeated, so both will play each other in the GF tomorrow at 2.30pm. PLEASE DO NOT bang on about Aloys boys missing out in this age group, there is 1 Aloys boys, and he is a pretty good.

You will hear this again, I am sure, but this particular age group is quite unique, there are probably a dozen 1sts XV boys playing in then 16s CAS and GPS teams , way more than normal,it is a very special age group.

ZHC

Peter Burge (5)
@WLF, if possible, when you get time, can you list the U16 players that you know that are either playing GPS 1sts or CAS 1sts, and whether they are permanent 1st players like Sua'ali'i, Bowen and co. Or fringe players that have played 1sts, but only the odd match. Your last post has a dozen, maybe it's a baker's dozen or more ;)

The Sydney Rugby Ref

Stan Wickham (3)
If you are serious and really want to know without bias, more than happy to extend the olive branch and move on/be positive for our CAS teams. There were 8 strong teams, many many schools involved with their best boys playing in all teams.
In the end the GPS 1 team and the CAS team both were undefeated, so both will play each other in the GF tomorrow at 2.30pm. PLEASE DO NOT bang on about Aloys boys missing out in this age group, there is 1 Aloys boys, and he is a pretty good.

You will hear this again, I am sure, but this particular age group is quite unique, there are probably a dozen 1sts XV boys playing in then 16s CAS and GPS teams , way more than normal,it is a very special age group.

WLF

Will you be at Daceyville to watch the both games? (your lad in the CAS team?)
If you can pls provide match updates on GG and/ or a summary later that would be appreciated to us forum members who have been assigned chores to do today by the missus ... :-(

SRF

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
WLF

Will you be at Daceyville to watch the both games? (your lad in the CAS team?)
If you can pls provide match updates on GG and/ or a summary later that would be appreciated to us forum members who have been assigned chores to do today by the missus . :-(

SRF

Yes and Yes SRR,

Won't be there until 1.30pm but will post the result update and a summary later.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
@WLF, if possible, when you get time, can you list the U16 players that you know that are either playing GPS 1sts or CAS 1sts, and whether they are permanent 1st players like Sua'ali'i, Bowen and co. Or fringe players that have played 1sts, but only the odd match. Your last post has a dozen, maybe it's a baker's dozen or more ;)

ZHC, the boys that I know who are/have played 1sts are:

GPS no 10 Jack Bowen view, no 12 Henry O'Donnell view, no. 13 Ed Arnott kings, no.7 Will Johnston kings
CAS no.1 Dion Yasdani barker, no.4 Fritz Janhke-Tavana waves, no 6. Davvy Moale waves, no.9 Klayton Thorn waves,
no. 10 Emmanuel Di Bartolo waves, no 12 Aaron Dimovitch waves no 7 Ethan King waves.

There is 11, there may be a few others as well that I don't know, but even so, it shows the standard of this age group, and there are a few 1sts from Kings,Scots who also aren't playing.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
No 8 CAS Ned Slack-Smith, and No2. From Barker. Dion is yet to pull on a 1’s jersey, his time will come.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
No 8 CAS Ned Slack-Smith, and No2. From Barker. Dion is yet to pull on a 1’s jersey, his time will come.

Sorry WTF, I did know Ned is playing 1sts, and he was great yesterday as was Tryrone no. 2.

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
ZHC, the boys that I know who are/have played 1sts are:

GPS no 10 Jack Bowen view, no 12 Henry O'Donnell view, no. 13 Ed Arnott kings, no.7 Will Johnston kings

CAS no.1 Dion Yasdani barker, no.4 Fritz Janhke-Tavana waves, no 6. Davvy Moale waves, no.9 Klayton Thorn waves,

no. 10 Emmanuel Di Bartolo waves, no 12 Aaron Dimovitch waves no 7 Ethan King waves.

There is 11, there may be a few others as well that I don't know, but even so, it shows the standard of this age group, and there are a few 1sts from Kings,Scots who also aren't playing.
There are 3 more U16's from Kings, plenty from Scots & some from Stannies that have or are playing 1st's.

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
Well done to the numerous CAS boys on making NSW I & II.

Special mention should be made of Tas Smith (Cranbrook I > CAS I > NSW II), who hobbled off Knox No.1 on Tuesday evening (assisted by two physios) after being steamrolled by a rampaging Tolu Koula for GPS I, right on half-time. Heavily strapped on one leg and looking slightly groggy, he bravely returned to the field and played out the entire second half - further justifying his selection for higher honours.

Good luck to the NSW players from all associations for their coming matches.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Sorry WTF, I did know Ned is playing 1sts, and he was great yesterday as was Tryrone no. 2.

Unfortunately the 16’s lost Ned to the 1st quite a few weeks ago. Tyronne has played maybe 3 or 4 games, and is used now when Billy plays in the backs.