• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprites

Bob McCowan (2)
Predictions for the round?

Surely Barker can put away Aloys,
Waverly on the other hand might have a tough time at Hordern but should win,
Trinity V Knox, both schools have had a rather disappointing year, who will come out victors this time?

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Aloys came out strong last game against barker I think that if they can hold off a few early tries barker might actually be in for a surprise. Things always change after players come back from being in Rep teams aswell.

Trinity Knox will be a close call, I think trinity will have a much stronger forward pack this time round with Orr possibly bringing in some tips from AUS Schoolboys. The forwards will carry this to their advantage for the rest of the season

Waverley cranbrook its pretty hard to see waverley losing but cranbrook often rounds up a nice home crowd that's adds to the pressure of the slightly slanted field.

S

sony

Anyone know what the situation is with Liam Creely at Knox. I know he was injured at Schools Championships- without him the Knox backline is pretty ordinary

He is injured, he has done his medial crucial ligaments (sounds worst than it actually is). he will be out for the next couple of weeks but from rumour he will be fine for the very last game of the year against barker and there is a possibility that he will be back for the round before that.

but there is more problems injury wise at knox... kitchen and seton are both out for the season and rumour has it that max webber is season as well but going from the game he played against trinity last round he isnt very good. So knox has some real problems in the forwards department and its going to be tough this weekend against a big and most likely a determined trinity side.

T

talentScout

yes, strongly agree, trial matches should not be gaged upon as it is a chance to have a run around in the holidays and try new things, i see both teams had a number of players on the sidelines but oakhill still did put nearly 40 on waverly. oakhill had 3-4 key players out and waverley having 5 of the 7 in the backline out , leaving patterson, wileman, smith, whittaker and o'donnell all out. along with johnson who lifts the smaller waverly pack

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
He is injured, he has done his medial crucial ligaments (sounds worst than it actually is). he will be out for the next couple of weeks but from rumour he will be fine for the very last game of the year against barker and there is a possibility that he will be back for the round before that.

but there is more problems injury wise at knox. kitchen and seton are both out for the season and rumour has it that max webber is season as well but going from the game he played against trinity last round he isnt very good. So knox has some real problems in the forwards department and its going to be tough this weekend against a big and most likely a determined trinity side.

Nor does it look like Knox will claim any honours in HSC English this year...

Done that

Ron Walden (29)

but there is more problems injury wise at knox. kitchen and seton are both out for the season and rumour has it that max webber is season as well but going from the game he played against trinity last round he isnt very good. So knox has some real problems in the forwards department and its going to be tough this weekend against a big and most likely a determined trinity side.
The medial & cruciate ligaments are two different entities.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
leaving Waverly as the only contenders to take the title from Barker. How was the Knox v Trinity game? I imagine Trinity wouldn't have played well, but I have heard Knox are finding late form

S

sony

knox defeated trinity 32-7. Trinity scored there try in the last minute of the game. It was a really good defensive effort from knox and at one point they were reduced to 14men. Trinity were a little unlucky with plenty of calls not going there way and getting penalised way more than knox. But knox played some very good footy and it will be interesting next week when they play aloys to see if they can back up there good performance today against aloys next week.

Today was knox's first win at home this season including trials. so nice work on that and hopefully this can bring more and more boys for there final last couple of games as some of the crowds they have got hasn't been that great.

J

Justin Macline

Waverley 24-5 Cranbrook. It was a great game with both sides upholding the tradition of the rivalry between the two neighbouring schools. This was a different Cranbrook side in terms of intensity and the pressure they put on Waverley and the home crowd helped them to fire up. Waverley scored first through Patterson as he made a half-break and kicked the ball, which the debutant Kaine regathered and offloaded back to Patterson to score. Waverley registered a penalty goal and the 1st half was cut short due to injury with Waverley going 10-0 into the break. Cranbrook started the 2nd half with more intensity and Goode managed to intercept a pass and Cranbrook scored in the corner with Moody i think. The rest of the game was tense but Waverley scored two quick tries through Patterson and O'Donnell to push the score to 24-5. Cranbrook attacked the Waverley line for the rest of the game but despite the great effort the final whistle sounded with Waverley the victors.

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
Cranbook seemed to suffer from their injuries a lot in the game with centre J. Corban, five eight T. Berry and winger O. Delorenzo all injured. Should be an exciting game next week between Trinity and Cranbrook.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Waverly v barker next week, a win to barker will be the final knockout blow for the 2012 season. Will be interesting to see how hard a fight the waverly boys put up to keep their season alive

R

rugbysupporter21

I only realised this morning whilst reading the paper Knox only scored 3 tries to 1.

Knox's goal kicker who i believe is their loose head prop.. Knight? kicked 5 penalties... someone who was at the game could you please confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.