• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rockon

i beg to differ, loss of many players in their current 1st XV, will find it hard to cope

C

Casnovian

i beg to differ, loss of many players in their current 1st XV, will find it hard to cope

My forecast is that Trinity will back up their 2011 season "solidly" understanding there will be ten of this years first XV available to play - plus a number of players who are ready to bloom with the right support and encouragement. As it will be with all of the CAS sides.

M

Malo

Believe roughly 24 out of 30 players from Barker 1sts and 2nds returning next year. 2nds were Premiers. It will be interesting.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
1. Which Opens rep players are returning to their CAS schools next year?

2. Which CAS schools have U/16 players this year representing NSW Schools or Sydney Juniors?

C

Casnovian

No CAS u16 in NSW schools, but about 7 from trinity with 1sts players like Clark and Orr. A few waverley boys as well.
Opens CAS players to return include a few from trinity again the two mentioned above with Morsello and Pack.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Believe roughly 24 out of 30 players from Barker 1sts and 2nds returning next year. 2nds were Premiers. It will be interesting.

I think Lee Grant has got the right idea - yes players having matured a year in 2nds will be handy (handier still for Barker where they were 2nds premiers) but the depth of any school's program is measured by what returning boys achieved what honours this season from 1st & 2nd XVs and 16A XVs. Any one willing to take a long range crack at any 1st XVs for season 2012? When you list the player, list the highest rep honour they picked up along the way - will be interesting to see what happens in 12 months. (Will also be interesting to see what blow ins - don't mention the scholarships - occur between now and the start of 2012; ie absent from the list of knowns now.)

sprites

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Which Opens rep players are returning to their CAS schools next year?

2. Which CAS schools have U/16 players this year representing NSW Schools or Sydney Juniors?

1. Not exactly sure for all schools but i believe Morsello, Pack, Clark, Satiu from Trinity

2. Cameron Orr, Jamieson Clark, Brent Whicker, Malaki Afele, Jake Roberts, Geoff Coffill, (Junior Satiu was picked for Sydney but is currently recovering from surgery) all from Trinity. Fred Fiala-Motu and Nicholas Koutsoukis from Waverley and Harrison Williams from St Aloys all represent Sydney Juniors U16s

Cheers

LG

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
1. Not exactly sure for all schools but i believe Morsello, Pack, Clark, Satiu from Trinity

[/B]

Is Morsello coming back for another year? He's a phenomenal player and I was surprised to learn he's only been in Year 11 this year. I can't recall a more dangerous schoolboy front-rower with the ball in hand and he hits hard in defence too. He could do very well in the representative sides in 2012 provided that he gets his line-out throws right (Trinity's line-out was a mess this year, and he must share responsibility for that) and improves his discipline a little. He was one of a few Trinity players this year who were a little too fond of "tackling" without using their arms.

I was pretty sure that Henry Clunies-Ross has another year to go too. He was out with injury for most of the 2011 season, but if he plays a full year and has retained his speed, he'll be great to watch.

C

Casnovian

Morsello is an important asset, too good to leave out of the first XV - he has a wicked turn of speed and body shape perfect for piercing the defence (perhaps try him at another position). I understand there are now few fellows more than competent to undertake the prop positions - and some hookers wanting to step up. Perhaps Cam Orr might go back to second row with Vinnie hanging off the side? He has been undertaking his front row duties admirably - can't help to feel he misses running wide and using that awesome fend. Early days of course - see what happens?

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Morsello is an important asset, too good to leave out of the first XV - he has a wicked turn of speed and body shape perfect for piercing the defence (perhaps try him at another position). I understand there are now few fellows more than competent to undertake the prop positions - and some hookers wanting to step up. Perhaps Cam Orr might go back to second row with Vinnie hanging off the side? He has been undertaking his front row duties admirably - can't help to feel he misses running wide and using that awesome fend. Early days of course - see what happens?
And then of course there are new players perhaps ?

C

Casnovian

Yes - seems to be some whispers out there? Anybody know anything more? A new back perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.