• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HeartbeatWarfare

Yes Barker will be very competitive with exciting young guns such as deven stoltz and tyson Davis. Can anyone confirm/deny cranbrook signing Asiota Fatulaga?

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
About this time each year there is an outbreak of infantile ramblings regarding various school teams from people who clearly don't have a clue.
Some of the recent contributions to this thread indicate that another epidemic has broken out.

H

HeartbeatWarfare

A wild card for this years CAS firsts this year with D.Stoltz from Barker at 10 as opposed to the over rated Clark.
Also two outside backs to keep and eye on from Knox, Paek and Docker.
Paek has blistering speed and uncathcable with ball in hand, has ball handling issues however and also has external national sprinting engagements.
Docker, a powerful ball runner with mighty endurance, also has external cycling commitments however. Both boys played exceptionally at both 16as and CAS 16s levels, will be interesting to see how they go in 2012.
Another wildcard is the large winger from cranbrook, Martin Guilfoyle. Played 2nds in the 2011 season but has a lot of potential given the right motivation and coaching

RugbyNut101

Peter Burge (5)
For everyone that is saying volavola will make schoolboys, there are two Aussie Schoolboy flyhalfs back from last year.

H

HeartbeatWarfare

Game to watch for 2012? Waverly v Knox. Set to be a cracking game. Waverly with their young inexperienced back line, Knox with their large boys, strength and speed.
Expect the likes of smith, Hassan, Whitaker, Paek and docker and kreely all to step up to the challenge

C

Casnovian

Appears that the CAS Draw is on the horizon.

A source from Trinity advises they kick off the pre seasson

24 March - TGS vs St Gregs (Campbelltown) @ Trinity
31 March - TGS vs St Stannies @ Trinity
20 April - TGS vs Shore (away - tba)
28 April vs St Patricks @ Trinity

then

5 May TGS vs Waverly (home)
12 May TGS vs Alos (away)
19 May TGS vs Knox (home)
26 May TGS vs Cranbrook (away)
2 June TGS vs Barker (Away)
7 June - North Harbour vs South Harbour
7 June CAS vs CHS (Cranbrook)
16 June ?
19 June CAS vs GPS- ??
22 June - Opens Trials -??
23 24 June - Under 16s NSW Trials - ??

Look forward to the formal posting on the CAS website.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
No Newington game in that Trinity schedule? I guess they will slot it in wherever they can around the GPS draw and representative dates. It's a pity that this long-standing local rivalry is so hard to fit in around the extended CAS season.

HiTh

Stan Wickham (3)
Rumors that Paterson, Johnson and smith are all out for the first half of the CAS fixtures. Big losses to Waverley

J

jamiew

Barker, Knox and Trinity to be main contenders..
Thoughts on the barker and knox line ups?

T

talentScout

any news on how strong aloys and cranbrook will be this year?

J

jamiew

24 of the 30 players were retained from barker for this year, a lot of depth barker apparently fielding 10 teams

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
I Luv,

who are the SG Ball players that are likely to be coming back?

Regards,
Sorry I think you miss read the comment.
It was a post found in 2011 that was placed here to see if Auggies were playing Waverly in 2012

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
According to a 1st xv player from Trinity I spoke to today , the list of injuries attributed to them above , are greatly exaggerated, including
the injury to Clark, in fact he will apparently commence training in 1 to 2 weeks.

Bad boy

Frank Nicholson (4)
According to a 1st xv player from Trinity I spoke to today , the list of injuries attributed to them above , are greatly exaggerated, including
the injury to Clark, in fact he will apparently commence training in 1 to 2 weeks.
Often when trying to work out ultimate winners you have to look at the structure of the schools coaching. Is anyone able to supply a list of coaches for 2012 or is there any changes in the coaching ranks?

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
It would be a shame if Clark missed much of the season. He's a tremendous runner with an intuitive sense of space - he has a great talent for finding room for himself and his supports. On the other hand, I'm not convinced that he's ideally suited to fly-half: his kicking game is not great (although perhaps that's because his first instinct is to run). And his tackling technique could improve. That said, it's often a mistake to focus on a player's (relative) weaknesses when he has genuine strengths. It will be a much more enertaining competition for everyone if he plays.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Do schools still make it compulsory for students to attend first XV games. It was a great day out when they used to make us do it 1995-2000!

C

Casnovian

No Newington game in that Trinity schedule? I guess they will slot it in wherever they can around the GPS draw and representative dates. It's a pity that this long-standing local rivalry is so hard to fit in around the extended CAS season.

There is an actual trophy - AJ Rae Shield - you are right it is usually about the weekend after the Australian titles in July - and becomes a bit of a let down as representatives usually get told to rest. I also heard Trinity starting off season with Waverly and ending with Waverly seems strange as it doesn't follow the usual rotation of teams. Still early days (as things become clearer) - still no draw - but the goal posts are up at some venues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.