• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks, ILTW. Jack Gibson (yes, I know, wrong code) used to say that the competition had never been won by a scrapbook. The Trinity coaches should be drumming that line into their team this week. Yes, there are some big (and well-earned) reputations, but at the moment the team isn't playing as a team. And that makes them vulnerable.

No-one beat Trinity in last year's Associated competition. This year's model looks beatable. It will be interesting.

S

Sonny BIll

I like to watch, we do have to remember that Waverley College relies on natural talent alone and does not import to any degree. Personally, I dont think it is wrong to say that they usually do well with what they have. I was not there at the game on saturday, how do you think they did in comparrison to Augustines heavily recruited team? Where are they lacking that could hurt them this weekend?

N

Next Marshall

haha
good on st pats and their old boys.. finally giving trinity a taste of their own medicine
hahahaha wat was the final score....thats what i thought

4 years in a row now mate.....eat ur own words

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I like to watch, we do have to remember that Waverley College relies on natural talent alone and does not import to any degree. Personally, I dont think it is wrong to say that they usually do well with what they have. I was not there at the game on saturday, how do you think they did in comparrison to Augustines heavily recruited team? Where are they lacking that could hurt them this weekend?
They did poorly.The shortened/disrupted 2nd half, combined with Augs clearing their bench saved Waverley from a very embarrassing scoreline.
They are mediocre across the park.Lucky for them they are in a mediocre comp.
Interesting point you make about recruits, you are wrong actually. There is 1 new face in the 1's, but Augs actually have 4 ex students featuring in GPS 1's this year.How many Waverley stars have been poached into the GPS sytem?

doinBRA

Bob McCowan (2)
every single post about trinity in this forum is about how bloody good they are. all you trinity cocksuckers think the sun shines from their ass. why is this forum call CAS it should be called how the trinity college go... with the exception of a few post here and there about waverley, knox and barker every single detail goes to trinity. if you read into this bullshit you really need a reality check and should go watch all CAS teams not just trinity.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Thanks, ILTW. Jack Gibson (yes, I know, wrong code) used to say that the competition had never been won by a scrapbook. The Trinity coaches should be drumming that line into their team this week. Yes, there are some big (and well-earned) reputations, but at the moment the team isn't playing as a team. And that makes them vulnerable.

No-one beat Trinity in last year's Associated competition. This year's model looks beatable. It will be interesting.

Picked it like a nose - my snouts have seen them play and say exactly the same - teamwork still to come together.

While his grammar and syntax are poor, doinBRA has a point - can we get some insights to other schools?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
They did poorly.The shortened/disrupted 2nd half, combined with Augs clearing their bench saved Waverley from a very embarrassing scoreline.
They are mediocre across the park.Lucky for them they are in a mediocre comp.
Interesting point you make about recruits, you are wrong actually. There is 1 new face in the 1's, but Augs actually have 4 ex students featuring in GPS 1's this year.How many Waverley stars have been poached into the GPS sytem?

Names of the 4 ex Auggies students playing GPS and their current team?

clubpro

Stan Wickham (3)
Did I see Guilfoyle playing 2nds for Trinity against Pats? I thought he was playing at Cranbrook this year according to this forum. I did not have a program . If it is him , why don't they use him on one wing. Looks big and pretty hard to stop . I also agree Snort. Trinity look vulnerable at the moment. Have not seen any decent moves in the backs leading to tries. Most tries have been through the powerful forwards in close where last year the ball was spread side to side.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
every single post about trinity in this forum is about how bloody good they are. all you trinity cocksuckers think the sun shines from their ass. why is this forum call CAS it should be called how the trinity college go... with the exception of a few post here and there about waverley, knox and barker every single detail goes to trinity. if you read into this bullshit you really need a reality check and should go watch all CAS teams not just trinity.

What a moron.

Look, I see a few Trinity games. I post on them. I'd like to read what people think about other schools, but if they won't post, what can I do? And my posts have been mostly about the weaknesses in the Trinity side.

clubpro, according to the programme for the trinity/Pats game, Martin Guilfoyle was on the wing in the Seconds. I don't know who he is.

As for Waverley being so poor, what does that say about Scots? Maybe the truth is just that St Augustine's a re pretty good.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Thanks Snort , but don't be so logical, it confuses some others around here.
It's pretty obvious ,it's a personal issue for doinBRA , when it comes to Trinity.

clubpro

Stan Wickham (3)
What a moron.

Look, I see a few Trinity games. I post on them. I'd like to read what people think about other schools, but if they won't post, what can I do? And my posts have been mostly about the weaknesses in the Trinity side.

clubpro, according to the programme for the trinity/Pats game, Martin Guilfoyle was on the wing in the Seconds. I don't know who he is.

As for Waverley being so poor, what does that say about Scots? Maybe the truth is just that St Augustine's a re pretty good.
I think DoinBra (must be a rap music lover)just oozes class in the way he expresses his opinions. The use of words like "ass" and "cocksucker" to put forward an opinion is pure genius. Must have been captain of the debating team. Thanks for the info Snort.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks ILTW.

I rate Morris quite highly.. he's got a great work rate and from seeing him recently he's quite clearly spent a fair bit of time in the gym.

Imagine Auggies with those players still in the present playing squad.

L

lb1994

Big no names from Knox coming up the ranks R. Vincent returning from bout of glandular fever dark horse for schoolboys fly half. O. Knight big 1st XV player put on some serious weight in pre season has seen a switch from lock to front row and is looking to pass the reputation Lawley left at Loosehead prop last year and can slot it from the side line with ease, definite goal kicker in the higher rep sides

I

International Badboy

did anyone else at the knox game last weekend want to put a bullet in their mouth when knox played the national anthem before the game and the knox team bound up with their hands on their hearts?

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
did anyone else at the knox game last weekend want to put a bullet in their mouth when knox played the national anthem before the game and the knox team bound up with their hands on their hearts?
Can't say I like your remarks- first time I've known it at a Knox game. Perhaps someone thought it a good idea because it was opening of the season/Gala Day for Knox.
I have always held the view that you only play the National Anthem when the National team is about to play!

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I have always held the view that you only play the National Anthem when the National team is about to play!

I am of a similar thought re national anthems, only played when the national side plays or for a truly national event. Last Saturday it did indeed feel it was a bit out of place and unnecessary. Almost cringeworthy..almost as much as Knox getting all three Oakhill team lists incorrect in the program. (According to various Oakhill supporters). But it was Gala day....where taste and reason can go missing in the theme of fun and frivolity.

I do hope Knox is less one dimensional today, exhibit more team work (the Oakhill side read most of the Knox backline moves better than the Knox players did) and have learnt how to tackle. And that the recent trend of Knox firsts reverses: where strong age groups come into the opens and tend to stagnate and regress through the season. The higher (or the highest) level opens sides seem to have limited creativity and effective plan B's..if indeed they do have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.