• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkercas

Frank Nicholson (4)
Trinity were severely outplayed and down 22-20 and got given a bad decision for a last try when actually held up. Penalty count 21-2 trinity. Smells dodgy

HiTh

Stan Wickham (3)
Was at the extremely controversial Waverley vs Trinity game, trinity scoring in the final seconds coming from 2 down to win 27-22 with a pick and go. Waverley extremely unlucky, and can lay claim to being "ripped off". The try scorer was believed to be held up, with the linesmen even walking over to the ref to telling him it was no try, however the ref made his own judgement. Many from the Waverley side were disappointed, but was an amazing schoolboy game.

Officials from both schools were furious at the no show of the scheduled ref, with the 2nds referee being forced to ref

clubpro

Stan Wickham (3)
What the hell was Trinity doing in the first half constantly kicking possession away. This just fed the dangerous broken field runners Waverley had in their backs. Absolute rubbish. They have good backs and should use them. Waverley were the better team and played the more attractive rugby. Their Fullback Patterson and Left winger Wileman? and centre Cupitt-Osborne carved the Trinity defence to pieces. Once again their three tries exposed the outside defence of the Trinity backs. The fourth try was a nice inside ball to Wileman from a lineout and defence was lazy in sliding across and he showed great speed to burn off Clark at fullback and scoring under the post. I have to say the post try celebration of taunting the home crowd is uncalled for. Why do teams have to do that? It only promotes more niggling in the game.
The Trinity tries coming once again from the powerful forwards in close. The winning try same move as last week against Pats with inside ball to Malaki from Whicker. Whicker sin-binned in first half for off ball incident after Waves scored their first try.
Waverley very impressive and will have a few reps this year. Their backs look good. Although Trinity outside defence is still not covering the extra man. SLIDE DAMMIT! You can't have the winger coming in leaving outside man unopposed. Clunies- Ross out injured so a big loss at fullback. When the Trinity backs did run they were dangerous with Roberts and Kotobalavu making inspiring runs with one great run from Roberts looking to be a certain try, only to be cut down close by great Waves defence. Waves third try was try of the match with great sweeping movement from their own 22 getting on the outside of defence and after numerous sets of hands inside the try was scored in the corner on the opposite side. Outstanding play!
This is the second week in a row Trinity have got out of jail and if they continue to let the opposition backs get around them then they can forget about back to back premierships. Its not that they can't tackle .They need more organization and structure in outside defence. Stop kicking aimlessly down field as well.
Waves are going to be hard to beat if they keep playing like today. Well done!

S

Sonny BIll

I agree, Trinity again very lucky after today's result. Waverley were also understrength with both their regular number 1 Stefan Masero out for the year with a shoulder injury as well as their 5 Tom Morton playing his second year of 1st XV for Waverley with a fractured lumbar. Both are 90+kgs and could have proved to have played a pivotal role in beefing up the underweight forward pack against the large Trinity pack.

Penalities more or less won Trinity the game, allowing their forwards to get in to drive over the line.

Trinity, lucky to escape.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Trinity were severely outplayed and down 22-20 and got given a bad decision for a last try when actually held up. Penalty count 21-2 trinity. Smells dodgy

21 - 2 - I'm assuming you were the match statistician! Or are you just an aggrieved Waverley supporter!

Yes Trinity were largely outplayed - one dimensional in attack & v suspect out wide in defence, but there's also a thing called (v) poor discipline & uncharacteristically Clarke missed a slew of goals.

Flyhalf

Frank Row (1)
St Aloysius 0 Cranbrook 5

Clearly (by the score) a close match between two supremely mediocre teams, the game a litany of spilled ball, knock-ons, discontinuity, foolish penalties, aimless kicking directed at anybody and anything, an inability to accumulate any pressure on the opposition from either team. Thoughtlessness abounded in all facets of the game, it was a rabble sad to say and these two teams will be the road-kill of this competition. The other 4 teams can send along their 2nds to dabble with this lot. Cranbrook celebrated the win in the manner of a team that expected no victories in this competition and there is unlikely to be another. Aloys, well they may beat Cranbrook on return but that is the best that can be hoped for. A fairly large vocal crowd in autumnal splendour watched an exciting match (given the score) between two energetic but ultimately aimless teams.

Oldpig

Stan Wickham (3)
Barker v Knox - I'll keep it simple, great game and very enjoyable to watch with Barker dominating the break down and controlling the ball. From where I was standing Knox looked like they were playing a 2nd XV team. The boys tried hard but were unable to compete. Barker went to sleep in the last 10min of the 1st half and in the last 15mins of the second and Knox reminded them of it to score their only points. My standout for Barker was their number 4, big kid with a very mature attitude. It was clear that both sides were lacking in fitness as the last 10-15min became very scrappy. Interestingly, Barker dominated in the 2nd XV as well, what that means is anyone's guess at this stage. Saturday arvo on No1 oval watching Barker v Knox, a cool breeze blowing and the Autumn colour framing the background - joy o joy. Congratulations to both teams on a very enjoyable game of rugby.

Bill McLean (32)
21 - 2 - I'm assuming you were the match statistician! Or are you just an aggrieved Waverley supporter!

Yes Trinity were largely outplayed - one dimensional in attack & v suspect out wide in defence, but there's also a thing called (v) poor discipline & uncharacteristically Clarke missed a slew of goals.

MOTH,

I can only hope that you let the officials from Waverley know that you were wearing a green jersey underneath your referees uniform before you took the field to commence the game ... ROTFLMFAO ... (the response should be good).

Regards,

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
MOTH,

I can only hope that you let the officials from Waverley know that you were wearing a green jersey underneath your referees uniform before you took the field to commence the game ... ROTFLMFAO ... (the response should be good).

Regards,

I actually thought that the ref did not really favour either side, in a game which probably wasn't his best. At times he tended to give more calls to one team over the other but really, at the end of the day, those calls probably cancelled each other out.

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
Can someone advise whether a yellow card means a team plays with 14 players? I was told on this forum that the yellow carded player is replaced but I am sure that Trinity played with only 14 players today.

Thanks.

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
Waverley very impressive and will have a few reps this year. Their backs look good. Although Trinity outside defence is still not covering the extra man. SLIDE DAMMIT! You can't have the winger coming in leaving outside man unopposed.

Those Trinity wingers are some of the smallest guys in a 1st XV that I have seen in a very long time!

I

I LIKE MEET

why does trinity starlett number 10, jamo clark attack in number 10, but defend in number 15. Is it because he is too scared or too soft?

T

talentScout

great game today out at trinity, great display of school boy rugby, trinity's forwards got them out of jail although waverleys back 3 were great along with their 13 with all of waverlys tries coming from the backs. and all of trinitys trys coming frm the forwards proving to strong for the waverley pack, trinitys wingers seem to be too small and misread defence on numerous occasions although their 13 and 15 were both good runners, both teams played well great exciting game
waverly 4 tries - 3 tries trinity, trinity took advantage of silly penalties by waverly and took the shot for goal on every occasion in their half, smart rugby got them over the line in the end

T

talentScout

why does trinity starlett number 10, jamo clark attack in number 10, but defend in number 15. Is it because he is too scared or too soft?
no they are most likely resting him in defence and saving him for attack as he is a great attacking player, one of trinitys best today

Status
Not open for further replies.