• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stiff corn

I strongly believe the Waverley forward pack should be credited for their brave efforts in matching the strength of the much heavier trinity forwards. They dominated the ruck in the first half resulting in numerous counter-rucks providing oppurtunities for their backs.

Also any news on T.Hassan's injury, he is a dominant fullback/fly half and I am eagerly awaiting his return to the field.

T

talentScout

thoughts on who will win this weekends fixtures:
Trinity vs Aloys
Barker vs Cranbrook
Waverly vs Knox
in my opinion all the away teams look too good

D

dane inman

• Trinity over aloys by a fair bit, alot of hype on trinity to keep the season undefeated don't see aloys putting up much of a fight.
  • Barker and cranbrook will be interesting to see if barkers win was down to poor knox or first game at home. Cranbrook will need to man up and stand up to barker and keep them scoreless like what they did to aloys, otherwise barker by many.
  • Knox and waverley maybe the game of the round with both coming of loses and still no win, but waverley will continue from their last minute loss to trinity to beat knox.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have to agree with dane inman and talent Scout.

It would be fun to see a boilover somewhere, though. Otherwise the competition will split pretty rapidly into Trinity, Waverley, Barker for the title and the rest to avoid the wooden spoon. Cranbrook and St Aloysius don't get all that many chances to beat Knox, but must feel they have a shot this year.

C

CASselector

• Trinity over aloys by a fair bit, alot of hype on trinity to keep the season undefeated don't see aloys putting up much of a fight.
  • Barker and cranbrook will be interesting to see if barkers win was down to poor knox or first game at home. Cranbrook will need to man up and stand up to barker and keep them scoreless like what they did to aloys, otherwise barker by many.
  • Knox and waverley maybe the game of the round with both coming of loses and still no win, but waverley will continue from their last minute loss to trinity to beat knox.
[/quote
Your name rings a bell, are you the same dame inman who at first grade with Randwick at inside centre. The one who famously coached the Waverley 16a's before being offered a Job at river view? If so can you confirm reports you played a major role in the development of Gabe Farley who is
Now a seasoned member of the Waverley 1st XV?

ABOYS2012

Bob McCowan (2)
Although many underestimate the Aloys XV, I reckon they could put up a fight against the strong Trinity outfit. With Clunies-Ross out with injury, I think the Aloys forwards could grind away and could allow the backs to win out wide. With players like Harrison Williams (C.A.S 1sts last year), Mitch Wood and Alex Perkins directing the forwards, and talent from new recruit Rory Vevers (year 10) in the backline, Aloys will highlight the Trinity weaknesses out wide and take advantage of this. Rory made his CAS debut last weekend against Cranbrook, and in an underperforming Aloys team, was definitely Aloys man-of-the-match, really sizing up to the bigger boys and running it dead straight, displaying wicked speed and great vision. Unfortunately, without 5/8 Luke Vevers, the squad lacks guidance. With the return of Luke next week, I think Aloys, despite a shaky start, will be a threat and 'dark-horse' in this years competition. I hope the boys from Milsons Point have a big match against the great Trinity team, and although a win is a bit farfetched, really gain some confidence to take into games against Barker and Knox.

T

Trinity Imports 2012

Although many underestimate the Aloys XV, I reckon they could put up a fight against the strong Trinity outfit. With Clunies-Ross out with injury, I think the Aloys forwards could grind away and could allow the backs to win out wide. With players like Harrison Williams (C.A.S 1sts last year), Mitch Wood and Alex Perkins directing the forwards, and talent from new recruit Rory Vevers (year 10) in the backline, Aloys will highlight the Trinity weaknesses out wide and take advantage of this. Rory made his CAS debut last weekend against Cranbrook, and in an underperforming Aloys team, was definitely Aloys man-of-the-match, really sizing up to the bigger boys and running it dead straight, displaying wicked speed and great vision. Unfortunately, without 5/8 Luke Vevers, the squad lacks guidance. With the return of Luke next week, I think Aloys, despite a shaky start, will be a threat and 'dark-horse' in this years competition. I hope the boys from Milsons Point have a big match against the great Trinity team, and although a win is a bit farfetched, really gain some confidence to take into games against Barker and Knox.

Cranbrook were lucky to win that game anyway.. Tom Fay was well below par and Wood and Williams constantly made breaks, the winger Townsend played well.. Cranbrook were lucky that aloys were very poor, No communication and control in the backline

O

onthewatch

I cannot believe waverlys inside centre is regarding as a good player.. I think otherwise his defensive game is good but in attack he shows no promise neither does there outside only patterson and wileman show promise in the backline.. The inside and outside centre for cas this year i believe is going to be an underdog obviously with Barkers gun giltrap finishing last year!

T

The_Good_Old_Days

I cannot believe waverlys inside centre is regarding as a good player.. I think otherwise his defensive game is good but in attack he shows no promise neither does there outside only patterson and wileman show promise in the backline.. The inside and outside centre for cas this year i believe is going to be an underdog obviously with Barkers gun giltrap finishing last year!

onthewatch, i have to disagree with this statement. Although it is true Waverley's inside centre lacked strong attacking skills he was a strong defender. At times he seemed lazy but stayed consistent in defense where there is only his attack to improve. As for the outside centre, it is almost the opposite. He made dangerous runs and created a occasional opportunites for Waverley to take advantage of in the game, yet demonstrated poor defense. Yes, it is true Paterson and Wileman are extremely dangerous players, however alone i don't think they can create such a impact as that of their combined efforts of the backline. All credit go to the fullback and winger, yet the centres should definately not be underestimated. Does anyone know where the outside centre came from ? I don't remember him being in the 1st XV last year.

T

talentScout

im sorry to say im deleting my account, i use to like using this forum for updates on how players and teams are going but all i read is players from certain schools just talking themselves up and putting others down, unsportsman like it has been one game, and people are jumping to conclusions, pathetic if you ask me

T

talentScout

the amount of times wileman and patterson have been talked up is rediculous, waverly boys need to get off this stuff and face reality, wileman was up against a weak 2nds player filling in for clunies-ross,i will be interested to see how he goes this week up at knox , after going missing in the scots game, not putting anyone down im just fed up with this boasting of certain players which is probably themselves

D

dane inman

Aloys lost to cranbrook how are they going to even put a dent into trinity.

D

dane inman

waverley's inside made CAS 2nds last year over giltrap last year and played along side malakai from trinity

Fendsbrah

Frank Row (1)
Aloys lost to cranbrook how are they going to even put a dent into trinity.
because they played an absolute shocker. they threw away 3 certain tries and failed to find touch off a penalty. Mistakes the aloys team generally does not make. if they can play anywhere near there full potential then they will give trinity a good game.

ABOYS2012

Bob McCowan (2)
because they played an absolute shocker. they threw away 3 certain tries and failed to find touch off a penalty. Mistakes the aloys team generally does not make. if they can play anywhere near there full potential then they will give trinity a good game.

I agree with 'Fendsbrah', Aloys were a very underperforming team last week. Last round of 2011, Aloys were up by a try against the Trinity team, who as we know were undefeated. This year, judging on comments about their performance against Waverley, they are not nearly as good. If Aloys play well and use their speed out wide to target the weak Trinity left side, and also muscle up in the pigs, they could give the Trinity team a run for their money

D

DungeonLord9

Trinity are looking pretty good i think - Hopefully the arrogance doesn't get to their head. Waverly - whatever idfc, knox - been a strong side over the years but this is the start of a downward spiral for knox, barker - cheated vers knox - scoreboard altered - apparent ally knox won by 5, cranbrook - shouldn't even bother - came off a completely lucky win against aloys missing there star 5-8 - won't win another game all season, aloys - bit of an underdog and i believe will end up challenging trinity - beating knox at least once - waverly - once again don't even care - challenging barker.

D

DungeonLord9

Week 2 Results

Aloys 24 - 22 Trinity (shock of the year)
Barker 3 - 0 Cranbrook
Knox 17 - Don't care Waverly

D

DungeonLord9

End of year Predictions

Aloys pull off a shocker going on a 9 win streak
Trinity go 8-2 lose both to aloys in shock games - snow game in the 2nd round aloys win 3-0

1.Aloys 9-1
2. Trinity 8-2
3. Barker - 3-7
4. Knox - 2-8
5. Cranbrook 1-9

Waverly got banned from competition

D

dane inman

End of year Predictions

Aloys pull off a shocker going on a 9 win streak
Trinity go 8-2 lose both to aloys in shock games - snow game in the 2nd round aloys win 3-0

1.Aloys 9-1
2. Trinity 8-2
3. Barker - 3-7
4. Knox - 2-8
5. Cranbrook 1-9

Waverly got banned from competition

NICE love the last sentence, all this hate for waverley where's it come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.