• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha

Peter Burge (5)
haha I know what you're are saying but maybe I didn't say what I meant clear enough. I meant if barker is a good "team" yes they are good but CAS teams will be made up of "good players" who will then, yes, like you said need to work as a "team".
What I was saying is, all eyes seem to be on barker because try are playing so well, but selectors will be watching all teams for the Ayer that suits the position best, and then they will form a 'team'.
hopefully someone understands. basically we cannot disregard Knox players because they lost to barker.

What about your flanker - Widders-Lee. Strong game against Barker and showed a lot of pace to make a covering tackle when Davis looked set to score (having gotten past Stals again)....

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
he ain't mine, but yeh understand you both.
maybe after two more games it'll be easier.

hopefully CAS comp becomes a little more interesting soon tbh

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
What's your prediction then?

. of course it early days but at least YR has put something together. We are looking for players achievements, and performance, not teams. Obviously those who play in the better "team" will be watched more, hense why you would be calling more barker players than Knox.
Black and blue have the potential, but are still forming as a team with the changes to the management.
Those in the "better teams " aren't watched more.
Selectors watch each match.

Benched '84

Allen Oxlade (6)
hopefully CAS comp becomes a little more interesting soon tbh

That may happen in round 4,(Sat. 25th) If this weekend, Waves can get over Cranbrook at Cranbrook and Barker roll Aloys, also away, then the two undefeated teams, (Waverly and Barker) will clash at Barker, should be a great matchup.
CAS announced Sat. 1st June.

casrugby12

Allen Oxlade (6)
yeh from Barker and Knox game (sure it's one game but it gave an insight into something)
Barker
1 Slack-Smith
6 Burkett
10 Smerdon - improved a lot from last year!
12 Stoltz - good crash ball and very solid defense
14 Davis
15 Jones
11 Elwood-Hall

(depending on form/injuries etc)
4 Akopian - quite good in general play and around the ruck. excellent in the linout
9 Kirkby - played well enough to have a look-in at CAS 2's

From Knox
11 Paek should definitely have a start on CAS 1's
Not sure of name but 7 from Knox was a standout and was an absolute workhorse around the ruck
Other forwards from Knox may well be in the CAS squad but they didn't exactly exhibit their talent last saturday. As for the Knox backs, the defensive display was absolutely appalling. Other than Paek who on numerous occasions had to cover for his opposite winger, Stals (apparently playing only his third game of rugby?. it showed), there was only one decent 1 on 1 tackle made by the back line in the whole game - which was the no.15 on Jones who literally ran straight at him. No direct offense intended, but if any of these boys are playing in a CAS jersey with similar defensive form we'll be looking at a cricket score against GPS.
what about CAS IIs

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
Possible CAS 1st XV, keep in mind i do not have much knowledge about Knox players
1. Satiu (T)
2. Koutsoukis (W)
3. Slack Smith (B), Horton Patch (C), Mclean (T)
4. Williams (A)
5. Borkowski (C), Heeny (W), don't know many other good 2nd rowers, feel free to fill me in
6. Story (T), Burkett (B),
7. Summerhayes (C), O' Connor (W), Pierce (K)
8. Moala (T), Summerhayes (C), Powter (W),
9. Stirzaker (K), McDougall (C), Whicker (T)
10. O' Donnell (W)
11. Paek (K)
12. Stoltz (B)
13. Goodearl (A), Kotabalavu (T),
14. Davis (B), Delorenzo (C), Vevers (A)
15. Jones (B)

Just my opinion based on what i have seen or heard. Open to any criticisms or thoughts on who else should be there.

JstWaiting4amate

Frank Nicholson (4)
Possible CAS 1st XV, keep in mind i do not have much knowledge about Knox players
1. Satiu (T)
2. Koutsoukis (W)
3. Slack Smith (B), Horton Patch (C), Mclean (T)
4. Williams (A)
5. Borkowski (C), Heeny (W), don't know many other good 2nd rowers, feel free to fill me in
6. Story (T), Burkett (B),
7. O' Connor (W), Summerhayes (C)
8. Moala (T), Summerhayes (C), Powter (W)
9. Stirzaker (K), McDougall (C), Whicker (T)
10. O' Donnell (W)
11. Paek (K)
12. Stoltz (B)
13. Goodearl (A), Kotabalavu (T),
14. Davis (B), Delorenzo (C), Vevers (A)
15. Jones (B)

Just my opinion based on what i have seen or heard. Open to any criticisms or thoughts on who else should be there.

Satiu is a Tight Head he was picked in both CAS and NSW as a #3 last year and picked the year before as #3 for CAS as well.
You've got to have Barkley-brown in there somewhere ! He's amazing talent both attack and defence.
The rest I think is a pretty good judgment.

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
Satiu is a Tight Head he was picked in both CAS and NSW as a #3 last year and picked the year before as #3 for CAS as well.
You've got to have Barkley-brown in there somewhere ! He's amazing talent both attack and defence.
The rest I think is a pretty good judgment.
Thanks for picking me up on that, just a little mix up. I agree with Barkley Brown but who would you play him instead of?

JstWaiting4amate

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thanks for picking me up on that, just a little mix up. I agree with Barkley Brown but who would you play him instead of?

That's ok , that's a tough one , he's been great for trinity at #15 but wouldn't drop Jones for him. I think he'll get picked as one of the Wingers.
Your thoughts ?

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
what about CAS IIs
that comment was about the CAS squad in general (ie I don't think all those players will feature in CAS 1's).
If you want me to divide them up from what i saw of that particular game
CAS 1's
1. Slack-Smith
6. Burkett
11. Paek
12. Stoltz
14. Davis
15. Jones

CAS 2's
4. Akopian
7 from Knox
9. Kirkby
10. Smerdon
11. Elwood-Hall

Thats what i saw from one game so I wouldn't see it as entirely accurate.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think there's a lot of disregard for YR's opinion as many people seem to have assumed he is a Knox Old boy. Call me a detective if you will but from my observations of what YR has said on this forum I highly doubt he is a Knox student (past or present), that said i don't know the guy so he may well be. However, not many Knox Old boy's would diss their own schools gala day, then attend a Barker vs Cranbrook match and praise Barker's facilities and barbeque... It's just not what Knox boys would do. Also, the name YR - something that I doubt to be a mans initials - I would think you would find stands for something you would hear at Barker very often (at least you would have in my time at the school), "Yeh Red!".. So, if you think that he is being biased to Knox, I highly doubt it. A Barker boy would only give credit to a Knox student where credit is undeniably due and vice versa.

The point of that?.. I'm just saying ease up a bit. Respect the guys opinion. It is controversial, but he admitted to that. The whole point of this forum is to gain an insight into others views and perspectives

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
I agree, with RTD.

I don't understand the name part but none the less. YR had an insight when noone else did

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Mate, get some sleep.looking at his default avatar, he is male.unless 'she' was telling fibbies at sign-up!

I don't think RTD meant that "it" was female. I think he meant it's an uncommon Mans initials, thus suggesting it wasn't his initials but it stood for something else. BUT

enough about that, the Game to watch this week will be the Waverly game. As someone pointed out earlier (sorry dude forgot who you are) if Waverly win this will make a very interesting Round 4 game. with the Barker Waverly Clash.
This is assuming barker dont slip up on Aloys home turf. Unlikely but can still happen, especially if aloys have their home crowd behind them.

Openside

Stan Wickham (3)
Predictions for the weekend?

Barker > Aloysius' - A good chance for the Aloes boys to test themselves and try pull off an upset but the Barker boys will simply outrun them on the field in attack. It can be hard to put Barker down in this match up with the likes of Stoltz, Jones and Davis in the backs with Burkett enforcing the forward pack, however you can also count Aloyisus backs Goodearl and Vevers to put up a good fight around the edges combining with Williams in the forwards. Barker by 15

Cranbrook < Waverley - I think Cranbrook has it in them to win at home, however Waverley will come into the match undefeated with as much, if not more intention of belting Cranbrook in their first encounter of the year. Cranbrook have a forward pack on their team with many names, as does Waverley. I think Waverley is an underated team on this forum, they are running second and seem to be fairing as well as Barker however not discussion of their chances are prevalent at all, but I suppose that just displays the strength Barker is placing on the field. I estimate that this weekend will set the mould for the next half of the competition. If Waverley is to win against Cranbrook, I believe Barker's "red" strength will be tested come week 4.

Trinity < Knox.

John Patto

Frank Row (1)
Barker > Aloysius' - A good chance for the Aloes boys to test themselves and try pull off an upset but the Barker boys will simply outrun them on the field in attack. It can be hard to put Barker down in this match up with the likes of Stoltz, Jones and Davis in the backs with Burkett enforcing the forward pack, however you can also count Aloyisus backs Goodearl and Vevers to put up a good fight around the edges combining with Williams in the forwards. Barker by 15

Cranbrook < Waverley - I think Cranbrook has it in them to win at home, however Waverley will come into the match undefeated with as much, if not more intention of belting Cranbrook in their first encounter of the year. Cranbrook have a forward pack on their team with many names, as does Waverley. I think Waverley is an underated team on this forum, they are running second and seem to be fairing as well as Barker however not discussion of their chances are prevalent at all, but I suppose that just displays the strength Barker is placing on the field. I estimate that this weekend will set the mould for the next half of the competition. If Waverley is to win against Cranbrook, I believe Barker's "red" strength will be tested come week 4.

Trinity < Knox.
I saw Goodearl play trinity over the weekend, great performance from him. He should cause some damage against Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.