• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

casrugby12

Allen Oxlade (6)
anyone can make it, although i wont be surprised if the CAS I and II sides lack trinity and aloys players. Without knowing to much about aloys this year, just hearing about poor results im assuming this. Id imagine Williams will make it but dont know of any other stand outs. After watching Trinity v Waverley on saturday, with no stand out players from trinity and hearing about trinity's poor form in pre-season trials, im confident that there wont be a high number of trinity boys playing in the CAS sides this year
embarrassing for trinity

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
embarrassing for trinity

Let's not be premature - one game has been played in the competition. Harrison Williams has been very good for St Aloysius for two years and played NSW Seconds last year, so if fit he would be (at the very least) a very serious contender for CAS selection. As for Trinity, Jackson McLean and Junior Satiu would be in contention if fit (I'm not sure when Satiu comes back) and Ola Moala played well for CAS 2nds lat year, so they'd be in contention too. Brent Whicker played a lot of representative stuff last year, so would also be considered. Both schools will be represented at CAS level.

JstWaiting4amate

Frank Nicholson (4)
Let's not be premature - one game has been played in the competition. Harrison Williams has been very good for St Aloysius for two years and played NSW Seconds last year, so if fit he would be (at the very least) a very serious contender for CAS selection. As for Trinity, Jackson McLean and Junior Satiu would be in contention if fit (I'm not sure when Satiu comes back) and Ola Moala played well for CAS 2nds lat year, so they'd be in contention too. Brent Whicker played a lot of representative stuff last year, so would also be considered. Both schools will be represented at CAS level.

Inside info, Satiu has been cleared and is named in the starting line-up for Trinity this weekend against Aloys.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I think those 4 guys are specials if fit.

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
agree with Snort. One game has been played, I personally think that the weekends results show us not a whole lot.. Yet. all we can say is that they have won or lost and that they have good players.
it isn't until possibly next week where we can draw conclusions as to where teams strengths really are. Some things can be fluked.

Cranbrook clash will be interesting this week i say.

Old schooled

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think those 4 guys are specials if fit.
The score against Waverley was flattering for Trinity,for a so called imported group they were ordinary at best last weekend.Waverley with the return of the captain Nick K will be even more formidable this weekend.Trinity's strength in the pack was found wanting.

YR!

Peter Burge (5)
Possible CAS XV based on my first round viewings:

1. Gan
2. Kennan
3. Bleach
4. Heeney
5. King
6. Storey
7. O'Connor
8. Sturzenegger

9. Stirzaker
10. Leaver
11. Stals
12. Ebeling
13. McKay
14. Paek
15. Jones

Some would wonder why there are not many Barker players in the side. There are the two obvious standouts, Kennan and Jones. I feel that other schools have better players, but do not mould well as a side. I know this is controversial and is only an early prediction however.

Comments/thoughts/questions?

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
It is very early, but I do however agree that those players just may not be in the right team at the moment. This team, like any other, like trinity isn't, has great potential but needs to be able to work together to come out on top

Reactions: YR!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

./...snip.../...

I think you did well to get around all the games to make the relevant viewings in the the first round.

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)

1. Gan
2. Kennan
3. Bleach
4. Heeney
5. King
6. Storey
7. O'Connor
8. Sturzenegger

9. Stirzaker
10. Leaver
11. Stals
12. Ebeling
13. McKay
14. Paek
15. Jones

Some would wonder why there are not many Barker players in the side. There are the two obvious standouts, Kennan and Jones. I feel that other schools have better players, but do not mould well as a side. I know this is controversial and is only an early prediction however.

No cranbrook players and no tyson davis?

YR!

Peter Burge (5)
Only time will tell Eshayz! Ahh, the ups and downs of being a CAS spectator. I don't know about you, but I'll be watching Barker return home to face an impressive Cranbrook side. Hopefully see you there!

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
Also think Stals has size over Davis, whilst Paek has speed.
Fair enough, I haven't seen Davis play this year but he could tear up opposition defenses when given the chance last year. Looking forward to the Barker vs Cranbrook game on Saturday.

Reactions: YR!

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
anyone got early predictions for CAS teams?
yeh from Barker and Knox game (sure it's one game but it gave an insight into something)
Barker
1 Slack-Smith
6 Burkett
10 Smerdon - improved a lot from last year!
12 Stoltz - good crash ball and very solid defense
14 Davis
15 Jones
11 Elwood-Hall

(depending on form/injuries etc)
4 Akopian - quite good in general play and around the ruck... excellent in the linout
9 Kirkby - played well enough to have a look-in at CAS 2's

From Knox
11 Paek should definitely have a start on CAS 1's
Not sure of name but 7 from Knox was a standout and was an absolute workhorse around the ruck
Other forwards from Knox may well be in the CAS squad but they didn't exactly exhibit their talent last saturday... As for the Knox backs, the defensive display was absolutely appalling. Other than Paek who on numerous occasions had to cover for his opposite winger, Stals (apparently playing only his third game of rugby?... it showed), there was only one decent 1 on 1 tackle made by the back line in the whole game - which was the no.15 on Jones who literally ran straight at him. No direct offense intended, but if any of these boys are playing in a CAS jersey with similar defensive form we'll be looking at a cricket score against GPS.

Propigate

Frank Row (1)

1. Gan
2. Kennan
3. Bleach
4. Heeney
5. King
6. Storey
7. O'Connor
8. Sturzenegger

9. Stirzaker
10. Leaver
11. Stals
12. Ebeling
13. McKay
14. Paek
15. Jones

My only question based on this list is did you actually watch any games on the weekend?? Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.