• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

double v 2

Frank Row (1)
Possible CAS XV based on my first round viewings:

1. Gan
2. Kennan
3. Bleach
4. Heeney
5. King
6. Storey
7. O'Connor
8. Sturzenegger

9. Stirzaker
10. Leaver
11. Stals
12. Ebeling
13. McKay
14. Paek
15. Jones

Some would wonder why there are not many Barker players in the side. There are the two obvious standouts, Kennan and Jones. I feel that other schools have better players, but do not mould well as a side. I know this is controversial and is only an early prediction however.

Comments/thoughts/questions?
Having only seen trinity and waverley play on the weekend i cant say some of the new players ive seen from both sides are better than any of the players from the other CAS schools. However, i can say that i am 100% certain that the CAS I side will feature waverley captain Nick K at hooker (potential captain of the team) and Ben O'Donneld at fly half. I wouldnt be surprised to see Ola from trinity at 8 or on the bench and the halfback whicker possibly the starting 9 for CAS 1's. Corias, the 7 from trinity could be in contention for a CAS II's spot if he gets into the ruck more. Ryan Powter, Matt Hooper and Barton Heeney from waverley are also in strong contention for either team with strong performances on the weekend. Without actually seeing them play this year but knowing some of the players from last year, i wouldnt be surprised if barker dominate the selections for both sides.

footylover101

Allen Oxlade (6)
Possible CAS XV based on my first round viewings:

1. Gan
2. Kennan
3. Bleach
4. Heeney
5. King
6. Storey
7. O'Connor
8. Sturzenegger

9. Stirzaker
10. Leaver
11. Stals
12. Ebeling
13. McKay
14. Paek
15. Jones

Some would wonder why there are not many Barker players in the side. There are the two obvious standouts, Kennan and Jones. I feel that other schools have better players, but do not mould well as a side. I know this is controversial and is only an early prediction however.

Comments/thoughts/questions?
pretty much a given that junior satiu and harrison williams will be in this side. considering they both played nsw schoolboys last year?

mike sims

Frank Row (1)
what about Rory Vevers from aloys? he was picked in the CAS 2's last year as a year 10 boy, but played CAS 16's instead. Any thoughts on him in a CAS team?

YR!

Peter Burge (5)
I understand my team was controversial, but, I think it has its benefits. Kennan is yet to play from Barker, but will be well worth the wait.

In terms of this weekends predictions, I expect Barker to loose narrowly to Cranbook (i.e. by less than ten). I think Barker will still be recovering from their win against the mighty ol' Black and Blue and have struggled against the Brook in the past.

clubpro

Stan Wickham (3)
Robert Sitiene listed to play fly half tomorrow. Ebling inside centre. Might give the backs some much needed creativity. Ebling solid but is no fly half. Kotolabavu might start at outside centre. Ola a big loss with Corias playing 8.

casrugby12

Allen Oxlade (6)
Robert Sitiene listed to play fly half tomorrow. Ebling inside centre. Might give the backs some much needed creativity. Ebling solid but is no fly half. Kotolabavu might start at outside centre. Ola a big loss with Corias playing 8.
what is the back line for trinity ? any stand outs other then ebling

clubpro

Stan Wickham (3)
15. BARKLEY-BROWN
14. NAYLOR
13.KOTOBALAVU
12. EBLING
11.?
10.SITIENE
9. WHICKER
8. CORIAS
5. KING
3.MCLEAN
2. NGYAN/COFFIL
1. ?

Sitiene apparently plays Harold Mathews for Souths, so is still quite young. Who is coaching the backs? where the hell are all the moves? In our days in the !sts we had at least 10 moves for set plays and line outs. I was at queens Park and all they did was go one out or shuffle the ball along the line. What happened to run arounds with dummy runners going in and out. When Debreczini was playing there were lots of nice moves. Barkley-Brown the most dangerous but defence can be suspect, although he did make a great try saver near the line on one occasion. He has a great step and pace. Kotolabavu will make a difference as long as he stops shoulder charging and getting sin-binned.

Waves outstanding in the backs. Fly half O'Donnell very impressive with great ball playing skills and excellent turn of pace to ghost through on more than a few occasions. Centres were also strong with the 12 a handful.

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
Barker to win comfortably tomorrow over Cranbrook. Apparently 4 players out for Cranbrook and whilst i think the forwards will be an even battle, the Barker backs will prove to be too strong

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
15. BARKLEY-BROWN
14. NAYLOR
13.KOTOBALAVU
12. EBLING
11.?
10.SITIENE
9. WHICKER
8. CORIAS
5. KING
3.MCLEAN
2. NGYAN/COFFIL
1. ?

Sitiene apparently plays Harold Mathews for Souths, so is still quite young. Who is coaching the backs? where the hell are all the moves? In our days in the !sts we had at least 10 moves for set plays and line outs. I was at queens Park and all they did was go one out or shuffle the ball along the line. What happened to run arounds with dummy runners going in and out. When Debreczini was playing there were lots of nice moves. Barkley-Brown the most dangerous but defence can be suspect, although he did make a great try saver near the line on one occasion. He has a great step and pace. Kotolabavu will make a difference as long as he stops shoulder charging and getting sin-binned.

Waves outstanding in the backs. Fly half O'Donnell very impressive with great ball playing skills and excellent turn of pace to ghost through on more than a few occasions. Centres were also strong with the 12 a handful.
15. BARKLEY-BROWN
14. NAYLOR
13.KOTOBALAVU
12. EBLING
11.?
10.SITIENE
9. WHICKER
8. CORIAS
5. KING
3.MCLEAN
2. NGYAN/COFFIL
1. ?

Hard to replace Debreczini who was a player who comes along only once every 10 years. He was able to give control and direction to both forwards and backs.

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
Barker to win comfortably tomorrow over Cranbrook. Apparently 4 players out for Cranbrook and whilst i think the forwards will be an even battle, the Barker backs will prove to be too strong
With so many out for Cranbrook, it will be a test of their depth this year.

CASfan

Stan Wickham (3)
Sitene a late withdrawal for trinity at 10. They will line up like this:

1. Junior Satiu
2. Anthony Nguyen
3. Jackson McLean
4. Harry Vincent
5. Manish Poologasundram
6. Ryan King
7. Ben Ali-Khan
8. George Corias
9. Brent Whicker
10. Chris Ebeling
11. William Burgess
12. William Blake
13. Rowland Kotobalavu
14. Henry Naylor
15. Rihann Barkley-Brown

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
For what it is worth my tips for the day.

In the match of the round I think Barker will get up over Cranbrook. Not sure about Waverley at Knox, but Waverley should have the home advantage, but Knox should bounce back from last week. I think Aloys and Trinity will be quite an entertaining game, with Aloys just shading Trinity.

But my tipping has been quite poor this year!

alpha

Peter Burge (5)
1sts Barker 36 (6 tries 3 conversions) Cranbrook 3
2nds Barker 29 Cranbrook 0
3rds Barker 38 Cranbrook (14) {scorebaord had Barker 40 but pretty sure there was an extra missed conversion)

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
1sts Barker 36 (6 tries 3 conversions) Cranbrook 3
2nds Barker 29 Cranbrook 0
3rds Barker 38 Cranbrook (14) {scorebaord had Barker 40 but pretty sure there was an extra missed conversion)

Damn it. Normal service resumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.