• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just watched the 15as Waverley vs Knox which had a crucial turning point at the end where Waverley scored to win but the referee called a double movement ? I was under the impression there was no double movement in rugby union as the player is never held.

Can somebody shead some light on the double movement rule?

Cheers
I am far from expert, but my understanding is there is no such thing as double movement, however you hear kiwi commentators say no rabbiting, which I take to mean that can't burrow towards line. So fine line between being seen to be playing the ball while on ground, and scoring through the natural momentum. Either way curious to know the technically correct answer?

oldandslow

Herbert Moran (7)
Huge result for Waverley - good on them.

Trinity lost Barkley-Brown during the warm up (up the tunnel with ice strapped to hamstring), had a player sin-binned for a pretty innocuous tackle and lost Corias (ribs?) and Rasch and Wayland in the first half, the last two following a head clash. I hope all the boys are ok.

Aloys lost Sheil-Dick to an ankle injury in the first half.

In a game with not many stand outs McClennan for Trinity had a very strong game and Slaven for Aloys was outstanding, in both attack and defence.

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
Cranbrook 21-15 Barker
2 tries 1 conversion each
Rentons 3 penalties including 2 from the sideline the difference in a dour struggle around the mud hole of the cricket pitch at barker.
Barker much stronger with their halves back and some vigour in their forwards
Cranbrook pretty flat after hard fought win over Knox seemed to lack line speed in defence
Could have gone either way

S

sidelineview

Just watched the 15as Waverley vs Knox which had a crucial turning point at the end where Waverley scored to win but the referee called a double movement ? I was under the impression there was no double movement in rugby union as the player is never held.

Can somebody shead some light on the double movement rule?

Cheers

There is no double movement rule in union. a player can place the ball in any direction after being tackled

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wow awesome job waves!

Of course it was at Death Valley with no doubt knox shell shocked

So continues the age old mutual dislike.

Did knox have Connor Watson and winders-lee?

Full credit to waves coaches ... 1st season gig and the shoestring budget

Like that Maloney bloke!

S

sidelineview

Wow awesome job waves!

Of course it was at Death Valley with no doubt knox shell shocked

So continues the age old mutual dislike.

Did knox have Connor Watson and winders-lee?

Full credit to waves coaches . 1st season gig and the shoestring budget

Like that Maloney bloke!

Both played for Knox; a full team as far as I know. Yep! he's a good bloke

B

Bigmarn

Here is my problem Conor Watson is contracted to the roosters next year , why should he get selected when others like Campbell or vivers are true rugby playes

B

Bigmarn

Why have they been deleted as what I know it's true. How do I know as I was told by the person who supplied the,M

B

Bigmarn

Cranbrook 21-15 Barker
2 tries 1 conversion each
Rentons 3 penalties including 2 from the sideline the difference in a dour struggle around the mud hole of the cricket pitch at barker.
Barker much stronger with their halves back and some vigour in their forwards
Cranbrook pretty flat after hard fought win over Knox seemed to lack line speed in defence
Could have gone either way
Correct

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Why have they been deleted as what I know it's true. How do I know as I was told by the person who supplied the,M

@Bigmarn, Read the forum rules, and post accordingly. This is a rugby forum not a social media site for spreading rumour, innuendo, or off field stuff that does not add value to the forum.

If you do not understand why certain posts have been deleted, then perhaps you should not be posting until you do.

B

Bigmarn

@Bigmarn, Read the forum rules, and post accordingly. This is a rugby forum not a social media site for spreading rumour, innuendo, or off field stuff that does not add value to the forum.

If you do not understand why certain posts have been deleted, then perhaps you should not be posting until you do.
I am not spreading rumour . I agree with what you say but maybe I know

Status
Not open for further replies.