• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

william_wolfgang

Bob McCowan (2)
Although YR!'s post last night about the slipping standards of steak sandwiches across CAS barbecues, has brought controversy to the forum with the deletion of his comment, I believe he has raised an important topic which we could determine. In all seriousness..

Which school has the best rugby BBQ?

IMHO

1. Barker: the free salad that comes on the side of options of a tender eye fillet, bacon an eggs or standard sausage really is a step above its other CAS counter parts. Gourmet BBQ

2. Trinity: whilst not quite up to the gourmet title of Barkers, the steaks and always tender and cooked nicely. The rolls are very soft ad crispy on the outside as well

3. Aloys: the chicken range at aloys is definitely worth the risk. A little over priced but am happy putting some money into the rugby fund being an old boy.

4. Cranbrook: Cranbrook are your average Saturday sport meal. Sausages in an average roll. A little disappointing to bite into an average sausage sandwich when dining in the eastern suburbs. Some work needs done here if there any Cranbrook supporters reading.

5. Knox: Only avoid the wooden spoon due to the terrible Waverley. The steak sandwich I bit into last year at the opening round of CAS at knoxs day of days the gala day was simply disappointing. Over cooked and standard sliced bread. I'd expect more from a school that dishes out on a score board better that brookvale ovals.

6. Waverley takes the wooden spoon by a country mile. There bread is dry and sausages thin. Without even the option of a steak. Runs dead last. I don't even bother looking at the BBQ when I make my way to Death Valley.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It was the cursing in the comment about the food which was the cause of the deletion.

Your effort was tasty.

Your earlier post was deleted because you used the players names in a stupid way which did them no credit. People disapproved it enough to use the Report function.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Knox 43 St Pats 14 (7 tries to 2)
St Pats were dogged, persistent and tried hard all day. They tackled hard and scored first to lead for a while. It was 7 all at half time.
In the 2nds 50 nil to knox

Rugbymaster66

Stan Wickham (3)
Waverley to conquer trinity in a close but physical match, with the return of Spurr it should add the confidence to the Waverley side

Ncfooty

Bob McCowan (2)
Predictions for CAS round 1:

Knox's preseason form is too hard to go against this week v Barker, although no doubt the red outfit will put up a fight. - Knox

Despite Waverley's woeful preseason form, losing almost all their games something tells me they'll come up trumps against Trinity with some key players returning keen to clean up their act. - Waverley

Cranbrook vs St Aloysius always a tough contest, although Cranbrook's preseason form has been impressive, and despite history has said otherwise, I'm tipping the boys in white to carry their form into round 1 with a victory. - Cranbrook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Predictions for CAS round 1:

Knox's preseason form is too hard to go against this week v Barker, although no doubt the red outfit will put up a fight. - Knox

Despite Waverley's woeful preseason form, losing almost all their games something tells me they'll come up trumps against Trinity with some key players returning keen to clean up their act. - Waverley

Cranbrook vs St Aloysius always a tough contest, although Cranbrook's preseason form has been impressive, and despite history has said otherwise, I'm tipping the boys in white to carry their form into round 1 with a victory. - Cranbrook

All away teams!

Though fair picks I think.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Tipping Waverley due to the return of 1 player is a pretty bold move in my opinion. Their preseason form has been abysmal to say the least. Given that Trinity isn't exactly in top notch form themselves I can definitely see it being a close match but I'd pick Trinity over Waverley, especially since they're at home

Ncfooty

Bob McCowan (2)
Waverley had more than a couple players return recently which earned them a victory against St Pats, a side Trinity lost to. I believe they also have a key back rower returning for round 1

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Waverley had more than a couple players return recently which earned them a victory against St Pats, a side Trinity lost to. I believe they also have a key back rower returning for round 1

Doesn't say much if Waverly beat St Pat or Trinity if Auggies are reputed to have put 80 on Waverly.

Rugbymaster66

Stan Wickham (3)
Waverley have always been down played as a poor team at the beginning of every season and time and time again have proven themselves to be a strong team, last year Waverley was tipped to come no higher than 3rd and ended up being the best team in the competition (in my opinion), I'm just saying do not count the boys in the double V out for CAS gold.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Waverley have always been down played as a poor team at the beginning of every season and time and time again have proven themselves to be a strong team, last year Waverley was tipped to come no higher than 3rd and ended up being the best team in the competition (in my opinion), I'm just saying do not count the boys in the double V out for CAS gold.

As much as I respect your opinion, it doesn't really change the inscription on the Henry Plume Shield that says 'Barker College 2013'

Status
Not open for further replies.