• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It was a great team effort from CAS 16s. It didn't look good for them at half time, and then GPS scored first in the 2nd half. It was inspirational the way they came from behind to win. A gutsy effort against a very good team.
The NSW selectors should be happy.

No doubt about it

oldandslow

Herbert Moran (7)
NSW Schools Under 16's 2014
(alphabetic order)

Edward AFU, St Augustine's College, ISA
Reilly ANGUS-CORK, St Joseph's College, AAGPS
Tim ANSTEY, Barker College, CAS
James ARMSTRONG, Knox Grammar, CAS
Milan BASSON, Knox Grammar, CAS
Leo BOSCH, Knox Grammar, CAS
Nick BROWN, The Kings School, AAGPS
Alex CROTTI, St Joseph's College, AAGPS
Matt DAINTON, St Aloysius' College, CAS
Matthew DRITI, Griffith HS, CHS
Harrison GODDARD, Oakhill College, ISA
Joshua HARDIE, St Stanislaus' College, ISA
Hugh MARGIN, Knox Grammar, CAS
Mila HINGANO, St Augustine's College, ISA
John HOPOATE, St Augustine's College, ISA
Ryan LONGVILLE, Trinity Grammar School, CAS
Luke LOUGH, St Augustine's College, ISA
Delahoya MANU, Patrician Brothers Blacktown, CCC
Blake SCHOUPP, Woonona HS, CHS
Tom SERHON, Newington College, AAGPS
Charlie SMITH, The Scots College, AAGPS
Jack VEITCH, St Stanislaus' College, ISA
James WAYLAND, Trinity Grammar School, CAS

Manager: Mr James PENNINGTON

http://www.nswschoolsrugby.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
CAS players in nsw 16s:

KGS: 4
TGS: 2
Barker: 1
SAC : 1
Waverley : 0
Cranbrook : 0

Anstey, Tim
Barker College

Armstrong, James
Knox Grammar

Basson, Milan
Knox Grammar

Bosch, Leo
Knox Grammar

Dainton, Matt
St Aloysius' College

Margin, Hugh
Knox Grammar

Longville, Ryan
Trinity Grammar School

Wayland, James
Trinity Grammar School

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
CAS players in nsw 16s:

KGS: 4
TGS: 2
Barker: 1
SAC : 1
Waverley : 0
Cranbrook : 0

Anstey, Tim
Barker College

Armstrong, James
Knox Grammar

Basson, Milan
Knox Grammar

Bosch, Leo
Knox Grammar

Dainton, Matt
St Aloysius' College

Margin, Hugh
Knox Grammar

Longville, Ryan
Trinity Grammar School

Wayland, James
Trinity Grammar School

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought Liam Rasch from Trinity was very unlucky to miss out on selection.

Kevin Gill

Frank Row (1)
Seems the thread's gone a bit quiet...

Anyone heading to the battle of the hill tomorrow afternoon? 1 Australian schoolboy a piece for the sides (unusual for Cranbrook) with both teams playing well in their respective competitions. Should be a cracker!

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Seems the thread's gone a bit quiet.

Anyone heading to the battle of the hill tomorrow afternoon? 1 Australian schoolboy a piece for the sides (unusual for Cranbrook) with both teams playing well in their respective competitions. Should be a cracker!

I have watched a couple of the games played by Cranbrook and also Scots this season. One Aus rep each doesn't maketh a team. From what I have seen, I reckon a full strength Scots team will prevail over a full strength Cranbrook team as Scots has generally man for man a better team across the park. I agree it should be a great game, but I suspect Scots will win comfortably. I hope I am proved wrong though.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
I have watched a couple of the games played by Cranbrook and also Scots this season. One Aus rep each doesn't maketh a team. From what I have seen, I reckon a full strength Scots team will prevail over a full strength Cranbrook team as Scots has generally man for man a better team across the park. I agree it should be a great game, but I suspect Scots will win comfortably. I hope I am proved wrong though.
As I thought Scots dominated the Battle of the Hill. Scots put on around 50 points. Scots ran the ball from everywhere on the park. They got a lot of penetration over the advantage line all day. Cranbrook tried to play a territorial game, kicking the ball away far too often in their own half. Cranbrooks best was their number 8. Scots 12, 13, 11 and 15 all had great games. It was definitely Scots backs that made the difference. Lots of runners and short passes to players running into gaps.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Any injury worries for Brook out of yesterday's clash. Was Maloney concussed?

Renton came off in the 2nd half just as he did in the NSW1s v 2s game last Saturday.
He has an ongoing injury I think.
Studdy came off with what looked like just a head cut - don't think he was concussed.
The back rower who came off with what looked like a concussion in the first half might be at the whim of the cognitive impairment questionnaire.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
As I thought Scots dominated the Battle of the Hill. Scots put on around 50 points. Scots ran the ball from everywhere on the park. They got a lot of penetration over the advantage line all day. Cranbrook tried to play a territorial game, kicking the ball away far too often in their own half. Cranbrooks best was their number 8. Scots 12, 13, 11 and 15 all had great games. It was definitely Scots backs that made the difference. Lots of runners and short passes to players running into gaps.
Gregor see "Michael Clark" for talking about yourself in the 3rd person.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Renton came off in the 2nd half just as he did in the NSW1s v 2s game last Saturday.
He has an ongoing injury I think.
Studdy came off with what looked like just a head cut - don't think he was concussed.
The back rower who came off with what looked like a concussion in the first half might be at the whim of the cognitive impairment questionnaire.
Thanks IS, should have guessed you would be close to one of your brethren who is close to the team.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
... no one seems prepared to post team lists anymore, however I would be keen to know any "mail" on the Cranbrook team?

it might influence whether the game is likely to be close, and worth attending

... Renton looked to be carrying an injury and seemed forced to play at 15, for the Scots game

Cranbrook is a far better team when he is at 10 and he is running the ball

... Plus a few other Cranbrook kids either copped a few knocks against Scots or elected to take early showers

in any event, I hope Cranbrook are close to full strength, and hope Waverley puts up a better show than the last 2 games :confused:

tipping Waves in another upset, but the fact that off to Joeys, probably shows I won't be putting my house on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.