• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Farley

Frank Row (1)
That's got to be a gee up
Agreed. Probably the most absurd comment I've seen on the forum. A great performance by Mohi yesterday. Outstanding defence, taking down Nguyen (Trinity #2 who is about 3x the size of him) in a face to face try saving tackle, not to mention it took Nguyen a few minutes to get back up. Great ball skills and running consistent through out the game. His first try was absolutely spectacular, breaking a tackle against #12, beating #13 and stepping the fullback. Not sure what game you were watching, only 1 mistake in the game due to poor communication with the winger. A year 10 student being a standout player in the Trinity, Aloysius and Barker game, evidently goes to show that his is not "hopeless", but only a excellent rugby player with huge potential.

S

sidelineview

Agreed. Probably the most absurd comment I've seen on the forum. A great performance by Mohi yesterday. Outstanding defence, taking down Nguyen (Trinity #2 who is about 3x the size of him) in a face to face try saving tackle, not to mention it took Nguyen a few minutes to get back up. Great ball skills and running consistent through out the game. His first try was absolutely spectacular, breaking a tackle against #12, beating #13 and stepping the fullback. Not sure what game you were watching, only 1 mistake in the game due to poor communication with the winger. A year 10 student being a standout player in the Trinity, Aloysius and Barker game, evidently goes to show that his is not "hopeless", but only a excellent rugby player with huge potential.

Too true; Mohi's an U16s player but in Year 11. 3 other Waverley boys who played yesterday are U16s as well: Tom Fuller; Tyzac Bailey and Jaya Yoannidis.
Rasch and Morris are U16s who played for Trinity; Knox have a few and Alos had a couple of U16s players in their team as well.
They'll all be better for the experience and ready for next season.

RugbyFan14

Herbert Moran (7)
By my calcs Knox have a positive points differential of 304. I'm guessing that must be the highest ever for a side not winning the Shield.

S

sidelineview

U16s who have played 1sts this season and are players to look out for next season. (to my knowledge; there may be more)

Knox: Milan Bassan; Leo Bosch; James Armstrong
Alos: Matt Dainton; Peter Slaven
Trinity: Jordan Morris; Liam Rasch
Barker: Seam Hasegawa
Waverley: Tyzac Bailey; Jackson Mohi; Jaya Yoannidis; Tom Fuller
Cranbrook: ?

bringbackthebiff

Bob McCowan (2)
U16s who have played 1sts this season and are players to look out for next season. (to my knowledge; there may be more)

Trinity: Jordan Morris; Liam Rasch
Barker: Seam Hasegawa

Ryan Longville and James Wayland were mainstays in the Trinity side throughout the year
Also Tim Ansty from Barker got some game time as well

S

sidelineview

Ryan Longville and James Wayland were mainstays in the Trinity side throughout the year
Also Tim Ansty from Barker got some game time as well

Updated list

Trinity: Jordan Morris; Liam Rasch; James Wayland; Ryan Longville
Barker: Seam Hasegawa; Tim Anstey

S

sidelineview

Eric Stene, Aloys No.2, is another 16 year old in year 11. He played CAS 16s this year

Updated 16s playing 1sts List

Alos: Eric Stene; Matt Dainton; Peter Slaven

rugbyfanatic91

Stan Wickham (3)
Updated 16s playing 1sts List

Alos: Eric Stene; Matt Dainton; Peter Slaven
Cranbrook: Andrew Spira, Harry Stewart, Ed Renton

Cranbrook list updated

rugbynut647

Bob McCowan (2)
Sam Renton's younger brother played all preseason games in the 1sts for Cranbrook, going down with a bad knee injury in the final game. Would have played at least one or two games in the 1sts this year if not for injury

RugbyFan14

Herbert Moran (7)
With season 2014 over, where is the premiership headed in 2015?

Knox are building a juggernaut. They have enrolled approx 300 boys in year 7 the last 2 years. They have invested in the Knox Sports Academy, a professional rugby coach, and rugby training is a summer sport. There will be a lot of disappointment that they did not win this year (look at the for and against). Looking at the number of teams fielded by each team I'd suggest Waverley are the only school who may challenge them. Knox haven't won sine 2009 (joint) but looking at their program i think a sustained period of dominance may be looming. (Also the younger boys who played in the 1st XV on Saturday were brilliant - Bassan, Bosch, and Armstrong)

S

sidelineview

Knox are building a juggernaut. They have enrolled approx 300 boys in year 7 the last 2 years. They have invested in the Knox Sports Academy, a professional rugby coach, and rugby training is a summer sport. There will be a lot of disappointment that they did not win this year (look at the for and against). Looking at the number of teams fielded by each team I'd suggest Waverley are the only school who may challenge them. Knox haven't won sine 2009 (joint) but looking at their program i think a sustained period of dominance may be looming. (Also the younger boys who played in the 1st XV on Saturday were brilliant - Bassan, Bosch, and Armstrong)

With the coaching/training programs in place at Knox and the talent coming through the ranks, things look very bright for the future.
With the individual talent emerging and success of their younger teams, the future looks good for Waverley as well.
There is a contrast between the resources available at each school.
It will be very interesting to see how these two schools match up against each other over the next 1-3 years.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)

I thought it was called Knox GRAMMAR school - maybe with such focus in other areas a change of name might be in order too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.