• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The older I get

Bob McCowan (2)
9 from CAS the standout definitely. Hinganu(7) and Lamph(6) were the best for ISA and pushed their names into contentions for NSW. CAS had the better backs(except for CAS 10 who was pretty poor), with the 9, 11 and 15 the best of the bunch. ISA had the better forwards by far except for set piece.

Further comments: CAS No. 8 also had an excellent games. Yes, CAS backs were good in attack. I actually thought CAS 10 was OK, and got the back line moving, also best kicker on the day. Different perspectives. For example, I didnt think that ISA had a better pack - about equal. CAS scrum was strong but more turnover ball. Unfortunately, ISA scored 3 x tries down one wing and that was the difference.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Anyone prepared to predict CAS selections into NSW I and II squads? From what I saw on Tuesday Frost, Rasch, Margin, Basson, Armstrong, Mohi and Longville would be a chance. Didn't see today's match though.

B

Backline_Move

Further further comment: Armstrong at 13 was terrific. scored a try and made some great tackles. Cranbrook's Kemeny was also a standout.

kemmeny was good, he did miss a couple of tackles and drop some ball though. Hinganu was a better 7.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Anyone prepared to predict CAS selections into NSW I and II squads? From what I saw on Tuesday Frost, Rasch, Margin, Basson, Armstrong, Mohi and Longville would be a chance. Didn't see today's match though.

Last year CAS had four reps in NSW with only poor results across the paddock for both the firsts and seconds CAS team.

With these greater results there will hopefully be more kids in there. Including all the boys listed, plus the standouts I listed today as potentials for selection.

The most likely selected would be:

Kemeny
Margin
Basson
Jordan
Armstrong
Mohi
Longville

I think Stocks would have been a genuine chance for wing as well if he had played firsts.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I suspect the selectors may be interested to see how Frost performs at a higher level given his size - very few school boy locks in Aust would be taller and he gets around the park pretty well also.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
David Tifa (Ashcroft HS; CHS), Jack Ongosia (St Augustine's; ISA), Opeti Helu (Newington; GPS), Nick Brown (Kings; GPS), Nicholas Frost (Knox; CAS), Josh Kemeny (Cranbrook; CAS), Dylan Pietsch (Kings; GPS), Michael Fenn (Riverview; GPS), Will Haskins (Shore; GPS) , Adam Doueihi (St Patrick's; ISA), Jackson Mohi (Waverley; CAS) Nick Wilkinson (Joeys; GPS), Will Terry (Riverview; GPS) , Yirribi Jaffer-Williams (Joeys; GPS) , Ryan Longville (Trinity; CAS).Reserves: Charlie Jaevons-Fellows (Scots; GPS), Connor Grindal (Knox; CAS), Cameron Prince (St Augustine's; ISA), Hugh Margin (Knox; CAS), N.Lawson (GPS), Terry Fanolua (Westfields SHS; CHS), Tyrone Taukamo (Newington; GPS), Luke Osborne (Kings; GPS).

Team Management: John Guy Manager Hunter Valley Grammar School, Brad Gill Coach Newington, Luke Bower Assistant Coach Cranbrook, Narelle Veverka Physiotherapist

NSW Schools II (1-23)

D.Breen GPS, J.Bristowe CHS, D.Matthew CHS, L.Rasch CAS, R.Suttor CAS, C.Rorke GPS, M.Hingao ISA, B.Gleeson CHS, T.Jordan CAS, K.Hayman CHS, J.Veitch ISA, J.Morris CAS, J.Armstrong CAS, L. Rixon GPS, M.McTaggart GPS, J.Upton CAS, T.Osborne GPS, F.Cutler GPS, T.Silk GPS, W.Manu ISA, K.Brown GPS, W.Harrison CCC, O.Smeallie GPS

Team Management: Saxon Bowles Manager Oakhill, Lachlan White Coach Trinity, Assistant Coach Dean Hargraves Barker, Kendall Wallace Physiotherapist

Shadow Squad (Not required at team briefing)

T. Anstey CAS, M.Coghill CAS, B.Abra ISA, S.Ridley GPS, M.Douglas ISA, E.Fry CHS, B.O’Sullivan CAS, M.Basson CAS, D. Chipizubov ISA, B.Quenzle GPS, B. Hollingsworth-Dessent CAS, M.Orpen GPS, C.Shepherd CHS, L.Day GPS, B.McAndrew ISA

S

sidelineview

Well done to all players who represented CAS 1sts and 2nds.

Well done to the players who made NSW teams. A big improvement on last year when 2 CAS players were selected for NSW 2nds and 2 for the Shadow squad.

NSW Schools I
Nicholas Frost (Knox), Josh Kemeny (Cranbrook), Jackson Mohi (Waverley), Ryan Longville (Trinity).

Reserves:Connor Grindal (Knox), Hugh Margin (Knox)

NSW Schools II
Liam Rasch (Trinity), Tyzac Jordan (Waverley), Jordan Morris (Trinity), James Armstrong (Knox), Jack Upton (Knox)
Shadow Squad
T. Anstey (Knox), Matt Coghill (Barker), Ben O’Sullivan (Waverley), Milan Basson (Knox), Byron Hollingsworth-Dessent (Trinity)

S

sidelineview

Corrected:

NSW Schools I
Nicholas Frost (Knox), Josh Kemeny (Cranbrook), Jackson Mohi (Waverley), Ryan Longville (Trinity).

Reserves: Connor Grindal (Knox), Hugh Margin (Knox)

NSW Schools II
Liam Rasch (Trinity), Tyzac Jordan (Waverley), Jordan Morris (Trinity), James Armstrong (Knox), Jack Upton (Knox)

Combined States
Ben O’Sullivan (Waverley)

Shadow Squad
T. Anstey (Knox), Matt Coghill (Barker), Milan Basson (Knox), Byron Hollingsworth-Dessent (Trinity)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
National Championships 4th - 9th July

Green and Gold reporting

The National Championships start next Monday, July 4th at Riverview, and end on Saturday 9th July.

I am putting this post in a few threads in the hope I can cast a bigger net.

Depending on how many writers volunteer to help, we will try to write brief reports on all the Division I matches. These will be played on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

The schedule for Div I matches is:

Monday 4th July
10:00am - NSW II v WA
11:30am - Vic v Qld I
1:00pm - ACT v NSW I
2:30pm - Qld II v Combined States

Wednesday 6th July
10:00am - NSW I v CS
11:30am - Qld I v WA
1:00pm - Qld II v ACT
2:30pm - NSW II v Vic

Thursday 7th July
10:00am - Vic v WA
11:30am - CS v ACT
1:00pm - Qld I v NSW II
2:30pm - NSW I v Qld II

Saturday 9th July - Finals Day
9:00am - 7th place playoff
10:15am - 5th place playoff
11:30pm - 3rd place playoff
12:45pm - Championship match

I will probably be able to write two games per day, but I would rather not because I will have to edit the work of a few inexperienced writers as well, which takes a lot of time; so I hope some people can share the load.

So if you are going to the Championships during the week and would like to write please tell me which day, and which game you would like to report on.

Since most writers will be NSW supporters they may wish to write reports on games that involve NSW - but others have said that they'd rather write on one of the other games so they can concentrate on the NSW matches.

So I hope that some will offer to write on any game and be able to get there early.

I hope some people are able to write on the first two games on Thursday morning because it usually takes me until the early hours to finish my work from the day before, and I may not be able to be at the ground in time that day.

If you are able to attend and to write on a couple of matches during the week please let me know here and I will give you some guidelines.

One of them will be that the reports will be just 350 words long; so it is just half as big an ask as for the normal 700 word reports we do every weekend for the CAS and GPS matches.

I understand that people have to work so there is no need to advise that you can't contribute.

S

sidelineview

Congratulations to CAS boys James Armstrong (K) (Aus schoolboys), Nick Frost (K) and Tyzac Jordan (W) (Aus schools barbarians) on their selections today. Well played lads and may you give the Kiwis hell!

and the Tongans
and well done to the current crop of CAS players.
First they beat GPS in the Final of the U16s Championships in 2014
Then in 2016 are members of the teams that came 1st and 2nd at the U18s Championships.
Those who played in both teams (U16s and U18s):
Ryan Longville, Connor Grindall, Hugh Margin, Liam Rasch, Tyzac Jordan, James Armstrong, Jordan Morris and Tim Anstey.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hey Sideline, Is Waverley playing Scots on Saturday? I had it in my mind that they were having another friendly ...

Assuming yes.... where are they playing ... Scots? And hopefully Waverley don't rest too many of the first starters ... although I would be very surprised if O'Sullivan, Mohi and Jordan aren't all given a rest, given at least 2 of them seem under an injury cloud :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.