• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
CAS-logo.jpg

The Henry Plume Shield for 2015 is all done and dusted. Apart from end of season 2015 reviews, which still should be on the CAS 2015 thread, it is time to move on to next season.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looking at how 2nds, 3rds and 16as fared in 2015, would have to tip knox going back to back in 2016 ... At least, If I had to bet my house on it

However I reckon going to be some real contenders.

Reckon cranbrook is going to have the best 10 in stenmark, and they didn't fare too badly in particularly 2nds and 16as, until stenmark was elevated

Plus excellent coaches

So cranbrook are in with a real shot, playing for a repeat of 2014

However I reckon waverley are the ones really due ... With Liam Cornish back from injury, and a good nucleus of players with loads of 1st xv time.

So if betting with my gut ... Reckon waverley a real chance to break their drought in 2016

Either way 2016 should be cracking season

Chris Jones

Bob McCowan (2)
Looking at how 2nds, 3rds and 16as fared in 2015, would have to tip knox going back to back in 2016 . At least, If I had to bet my house on it

Reckon cranbrook is going to have the best 10 in stenmark, and they didn't fare too badly in particularly 2nds and 16as, until stenmark was elevated

Dainton will be returning from his 2015 season long injury and would've been best 10 in CAS this year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Which of this years CAS Representative Team Players are in Year 11 or in Year 12 doing pathways and will still be at school in 2016?

Pretty sure my snouts have got this listing correct, but if there are any errors, I will amend the list from any corrections posted below.

2016 "Incumbents" (Yr 11 in 2015)
2015 CAS 1st XV
5.Liam RASCH ( T )
6.Milan BASSON ( K )
11.Peter SLAVEN ( A )
15.Ryan LONGVILLE ( T )

2015 CAS 2nd XV
1.Connor GRINDAL ( K )
4.Hugh MARGIN ( K )
6.Josh KEMENY ( C )
12.Tom FULLER ( W )
14.Jackson MOHI ( W )
15.Leo BOSCH ( K )
22.Tyzac JORDAN ( W )
23.Jack MAZARAKI ( A )

2015 Team Rehab
Tim ANSTEY ( B ) 1st xv

2016 Finished School
CAS 1st XV vs AAGPS 1st XV
1.Tom HILL (C)
2.Nicholas ROWELL ( K )
3.Alexander RATHIE ( C )
4.Lachlan SWINTON ( K )
7.Harry CHAPMAN ( K )
8.Harry McLENNAN ( T )
9.Matthew HAYES ( A )
10.Bruce THOMPSON ( B )
12.Sam LAWSON ( A )
13.Joe WILLIAMS ( K )
14.Alex DIAMOND ( A )

CAS 2nd XV vs AAGPS 2nd XV
2.Eric STENE ( A )
3.Jordi NIKOPOULOS ( A )
5.Will HALLIDAY ( A )
7.Liam SHIEL-DICK ( A )
8.Simon PURCELL ( B )
9.Rhett BUTLER ( K )
10.Robert SITEINE ( T )
11.Dion NAVAYAN ( W )
13.Jake SMIRNOTIS ( W )
16.Lewis BARAKAT ( C )
17.Anthony NGUYEN ( T )
18.Pernell FILIPO ( T )
19.Lachlan BEGG ( K )
20.Andy LLOYD ( B )
21.Adam WIGGLESWORTH ( B )

Team Rehab
Justin COOPER ( W ) 2nd xv
Cooper MURPHY ( W ) 2nd xv
Brad CADDEY ( B ) 2nd xv
Zac CARDASSILARIS ( W ) 2nd xv bench

Don't forget these young bucks who will be keen to get a gig in an Opens Rep jumper next year as well:
2015 CAS Under 16s
1. Finn WRIGHT ( W )
2. Joff PILTON ( C )
3. Max CUTRONE ( K )
4. Pat CLIFTON ( W )
5. Tom HUMPHREYS ( K )
6. Daniel SZABO ( W )
7. Matt COGHILL ( B )
8. Nick FROST ( K )
9. Marco BELL ( W )
10. Finnbar STENMARK ( C )
11. Mitch DICKINS ( C )
12. Tom WOODCOCK ( K )
13. Brooklyn HARDAKER( W )
14. Ethan HOWE ( W )
15. Kordell PAYNE ( T )

Res –
16. Brady DAWSON ( K )
17. Simon RAHME ( A )
18. Matt DOYLE ( T )
19. Charlie CRAMMOND ( C )
20. Hugh MELCHOIR ( B )
21. Ben HANSEN ( K )
22. Ben DONALDSON ( W )
23. Bailey WHITE ( B )

So looking good (using the "rule" of incumbency) for CAS 1st XV 2016 are:
1.Tim ANSTEY ( B )
3.Connor GRINDAL ( K )
4.Hugh MARGIN ( K )
5.Liam RASCH ( T )
6.Josh KEMENY ( C )
7.Milan BASSON ( K )
10.Matthew DAINTON (A)
11.Peter SLAVEN ( A )
12.Tom FULLER ( W )
14.Jackson MOHI ( W )
15.Ryan LONGVILLE ( T )

CAS 2nd XV

10.Tyzac JORDAN ( W )
15.Leo BOSCH ( K )
23.Jack MAZARAKI ( A )

Rugby Addict

Herbert Moran (7)
Rhett Butler is in Year 12 unless doing Pathways.

Jordan Morris (12), James Armstrong (13) and James Wayland (3) should all make CAS 1's next year but were injured at rep time this year.

Pete Slaven is good enough to play anywhere in the backline but 9 may be his best chance of going all the way rep wise next year.

Milan Basson more an 8 than a 7.

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
Looking at how 2nds, 3rds and 16as fared in 2015, would have to tip knox going back to back in 2016 . At least, If I had to bet my house on it

Plus excellent coaches

However I reckon waverley are the ones really due . With Liam Cornish back from injury, and a good nucleus of players with loads of 1st xv time.

So if betting with my gut . Reckon waverley a real chance to break their drought in 2016

You think that the CAS U16 next year will be strong? I think they might have a chance at beating GPS?

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
I imagine they will have a tidy 16's side, will many of the 15's make the opens cut next year will be interesting to see

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Be careful of anointing 14 year olds as future Wallabies, Australian Schoolboys or even extrapolating that selection into the State Junior Club team will guarantee School Association Selection at Open (U18) level.

For all sorts of reasons, and contrary to the beliefs, hopes and wishes of the parents of those selected, plenty of lads from the State U15 JRU team do not get selected for much in Year 12 and beyond.

Talent, attitude, application, fitness, and luck are all needed in fairly equal quantities.

oldandslow

Herbert Moran (7)
Jordan Morris (12), James Armstrong (13) and James Wayland (3) should all make CAS 1's next year but were injured at rep time this year.

If these 3 boys are not injured it is hard to see any of them missing CAS 1st XV. I think they were all NSW Under 16s players. Here's hoping they are all looking good to be fit and available for CAS for next year - we'll need them against GPS, who will now doubt be very, very strong again.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@Jeff Thomson, hard to say whether they'll be good enough to get over GPS or ISA (or indeed HJ whether any will see rep or even 1sts selections at Opens level!), but there were some handy players in CAS 15s this year. Just from the Nth side of the Harbour in 2016 there should be 9 players from this year's U15 State Champs winning Gordon team. Throw in the best from Waves (Sonny Dill Williams?) and to a lesser extent Trinity and Cranbrook and the 16s CAS team should at least be competitive.

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
@Jeff Thomson, hard to say whether they'll be good enough to get over GPS or ISA (or indeed HJ whether any will see rep or even 1sts selections at Opens level!), but there were some handy players in CAS 15s this year. Just from the Nth side of the Harbour in 2016 there should be 9 players from this year's U15 State Champs winning Gordon team. Throw in the best from Waves (Sonny Dill Williams?) and to a lesser extent Trinity and Cranbrook and the 16s CAS team should at least be competitive.

Don't think Waverley have that many club rugby players but i know a lot of them play League

RugbyKnowledge

Frank Row (1)

Plus excellent coaches

However I reckon waverley are the ones really due . With Liam Cornish back from injury, and a good nucleus of players with loads of 1st xv time.

So if betting with my gut . Reckon waverley a real chance to break their drought in 2016

Alos has the best 10 without a doubt in Dainton. He is a seriously classy player but will be behind a small pack. Would have been great to see him this year but injuries got in the way

Status
Not open for further replies.