• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Pimples, appetite (food and girls), mumbling, compulsive use of "and stuff" to finish/link sentences, adoption of pseudo african american personae in vernacular ("Nigga WTF") .......but we are probably not helping.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Think the above is a bit Nth centric. Im probably adding to the issue with limited knowledge apart from Sth rep players.

Has anyone seen Kitchener play? Think he has been injured since trial v Joeys. New to Barker, he was U16s Country Half last year and made NSW as back up to Tejcek. He's a handy enough half, but I was surprised he was selected at 10 for Barker 1s in trials. Others who have seen him play may have a view? Unless real cred at 10' I'd go with mcInerny(K) who played alongside Tejcek in Gordon reps for years and managed to deliver enough good ball to his outside men to enable a state title in 2015 and r/u in 2014.

Hooker is interesting. Biviano played as part of the same 2015 u15s Gordon side but didn't get much game time behind Bremner and Heaven (CHS and GPS). Is Spalding (A) injured? Otherwise would consider Kennedy (K) who whilst only 15 has played years of reps and Syd u14s last year.

Also think that whilst Moretti is strong, covering both 5 and 7 could be challenging unless he has a twin.

Otherwise think the roster is about right but would be reshuffling the backline somewhat. Maybe Basheer (B) or Kallis (W) come in to starting 15.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
IMG_9957.JPG

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Going from the 2015 program, Trinity have, Rasch, Longville and Tuitavake on the paddock for the opening opening game against Barker in 2016. For the Reds, Buffa, Anstey,Nevison and Van Woerkom are back from the 2015 match. Barker has only 1 year 12 student in their backline, (Nevison) and they have 3 year 11 lads and 1 year 10 in the forwards. 2017 will be interesting for the Reds.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Which team at Waverley do you coach? Seem to know an aweful lot week in week out. I'm not sure how keen the school would be on you leaking so much information. Thank you though, it helps the rest of the CAS schools.

Yes..... Such an insider. Just made a remark on how well he played and how I thought he could retain his spot in the position he replaced. Crime against humanity

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
Very smokey at Gillespie - Hawkesbury bushfires - still playing but it could be an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Knox 16As 36-0 over Cranbrook. A better effort than v Joeys, though the Knox forwards were still not showing a lot of urgency at the breakdown. Plenty of good players there that just need to work more as a unit and keep moving forward at the breakdown rather than stopping ang seeking to hold. Impressed by Brook 3 Galastras. Keep going all game and showed ball skills and ticker. Unfortunately Cranbrook called for uncontested a rums so couldn't assess his ability in that area. Cranbrook as a whole played courageously and never gave up.

Hit the Rhino

Frank Row (1)
Knox 16As 36-0 over Cranbrook. A better effort than v Joeys, though the Knox forwards were still not showing a lot of urgency at the breakdown. Plenty of good players there that just need to work more as a unit and keep moving forward at the breakdown rather than stopping ang seeking to hold. Impressed by Brook 3 Galastras. Keep going all game and showed ball skills and ticker. Unfortunately Cranbrook called for uncontested a rums so couldn't assess his ability in that area. Cranbrook as a whole played courageously and never gave up.

Hey mate just so you know the Knox forwards were able to secure approximately 75% possession to secure a very dominant 36 nil win. I think it would be fair to say that the powerful forwards 1 through to 8 as well as the reserves were extremely dominant at the breakdown.

C

Crash Ball SS

Catch and pass, it appears the only thing the cranbook backs could accomplish was indeed a catch and pass. Lacklustre in attack, they were unable to break a powerful, forwards led defence from knox. I think that 1, 3, 4, 7, were all leading from tbe front in an emphatic win won by the knox piggies

Fifteh Pancakes

Frank Row (1)

Give credit where credit is deserved, knox played well and brought up a substantial victory. However i'm sure that you could have done alot better back in your prime "cough".

Hammer ball

Frank Row (1)

Knox 16As 36-0 over Cranbrook. A better effort than v Joeys, though the Knox forwards WERE showing a lot of urgency at the breakdown. Plenty of good players there that WERE WORKING WELL AS A UNIT and WERE DOMINANT at the breakdown rather than stopping and seeking to hold. Impressed by Brook 3 Galastras. Keep going all game and showed ball skills and ticker. Unfortunately Cranbrook called for uncontested a rums so couldn't assess his ability in that area. Cranbrook as a whole played courageously and never gave up.[/quote]

Come on old mate, get your head in the game. Cranbrook couldn't score a single point and were turned over countless times at the breakdown.

To be fair, Galastras played a very solid game in a losing team, and should be aiming for a CAS jersey.

Do you reckon those knox forwards that played up last year were playing as part of the team this week? Keen to hear your thoughts.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Wow, a few sensitive types out there! I'll call it as I see it and with the best of intentions - I want these boys to play to their potential and it's easy to develop a false sense of security winning easy matches. So yes, a better effort, but against much weaker opposition. Knox forwards played well with ball in hand and defended well but were often NOT at the breakdown in numbers and ball was turned over a number of times as result. They also do not typically drive over the ball the way say Joeys do, and against better opposition it won't be good enough.

The boys who played up last year played well in attack and defended well. They were part of the same issue at the breakdown.

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow, a few sensitive types out there! I'll call it as I see it and with the best of intentions - I want these boys to play to their potential and it's easy to develop a false sense of security winning easy matches. So yes, a better effort, but against much weaker opposition. Knox forwards played well with ball in hand and defended well but were often NOT at the breakdown in numbers and ball was turned over a number of times as result. They also do not typically drive over the ball the way say Joeys do, and against better opposition it won't be good enough.

The boys who played up last year played well in attack and defended well. They were part of the same issue at the breakdown.

Any standouts from both sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.