• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
The season resumes. Whilst at the beginning it seemed too short, it now has a feeling that it has gone on forever. It will be interesting to see how the break has affected team's fitness, form and enthusiasm.

I think Cranbrook should account for St Aloysius. They are at home and would have too much strength in the forwards.

Waverley at home are always strong and even accounting for Trinity's forward power look too balanced and complete across the park.

Knox will be too strong against a vigorous and tough Barker.

Waverley looks the best bet for a definite win. But both Knox and Waverley may have next week's match in their thoughts and thus may be a bit distracted this weekend.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
^^^^^^
Who said Fuller and Wright weren't playing? They are fit and healthy. I can't comment on Tyzac cause I am not sure about him but don't just throw claims out there.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
my mail is only Mohi is being rested ... so Waverley's backs will be pretty full strength, and don't lose much with Broklyn Hardaker coming into the centres, and as sidesteppa noted earlier in the year, Hardaker is playing awesome

....Waverley definitely don't want to take Trinity lightly ... particularly as Trinity will bounce back from the Newington bulldozers

however under Drew-Morris's excellent captaincy. I think Waverley should get home in a game tighter than might be expected

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
A few out plus at least 3 playing with injuries they probably shouldn't be anywhere near a football field

What buffoon coach and/or parent would be letting their kid play with bad injuries where the risk of even worse injury is more likely.

Duty of care to the kid who is overzealous. You are a long time retired.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker 1st XV
Position
Knox 1stXV
TIMOTHY ANSTEY (C)
CONNOR GRINDAL
MATT COGHILL
JACK UPTON
DANIEL BUFFA
BRADY DAWSON
JEREMY HUTTON
LACHLAN IRELAND
MATT WEBB
NICK FROST
LUKE REIMER
HUGH MARGIN
SAM CHALMERS
TOM GEE
HUGH MELCHIOR
MILAN BASSON (C)
THOMAS WILLIAMS
LEO BOSCH (VC)
FALITO VAN WOERKOM
TOM WOODCOCK
SIMON MARAIS
ZAC TILLEY
OLIVER GRUNDY
MATT HORSLEY
WILL LLOYD
JAMES ARMSTRONG
CONOR BASTOW
JACK KANE
BEN HAYWARD
HARRY STOCKS

MR DEAN HARGREAVES
Coach
MR T GLASSIE
MR BEN WHITTAKER
Coach
MR M WILLIAMS
MR ALAN ROBINSON
Physiotherapist

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Sorry folks. The copy paste did not go as planned...

Looks like Barker is missing Northcot (2nd row) due to injury. Buffa returns to front row. Nice to see Anstey as Capt as per last week and that the back line that did so well against St Pats has been retained.

Still won't change the result as Knox just has the cattle all round the park.

back in the day

Frank Row (1)
I don't know where you get your information about Aloys being at full strength either. A few out plus at least 3 playing with injuries they probably shouldn't be anywhere near a football field with but the lack of depth means they will have to do their best.

Why would Aloys play injured players?? Its not as if they are playing to win a championship!!( or even come 2nd ,3rd or 4th) I hear at least one injured forward is playing in the backs. I don't know about the other 2 mentioned above.

Either you are fit to play or you are not. Is playing in the backs easier than the forwards in a one on one full contact situation?? 3 words "Duty Of Care"

Maybe in the era of the "professional" coaching staff v teacher coach they need to try to win for their own future coaching ambitions. The teachers will still be employed next year to teach whether their team wins or not!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Hey guys,

We may not have a writer for Cranbrook v Aloys on the weekend - to go into our CAS Rd 7 blog.

If anybody is going to the game and can send a few sentences can they please advise me by sending me a convo (not here).

It need not be a full report but we can talk about it in the convo.

Can some kind soul who is going to the game send me a convo please?

Status
Not open for further replies.