• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Watching the wallabies side today was one of the most disappointing things I have watched all year.

Take me back to schoolboy rugby any afternoon on a Saturday.

Some big things out of these results- Barker are a genuine threat to the comp.

Trinity did well, even with a weaker forward pack, I look forward to hearing the match report.

Good luck for CAS selections: are they announced tonight or tomorrow?

Reading the website is a tad confusing for my mind!

B

Backline_Move

From CAS website

NO.
Position

1ST XV 2ND XV RESERVES

Loose head prop

FINN WRIGHT(W) WILL McCORMICK(W) NIKOLAS-ALEXANDER GINIS(T)

Hooker

WILL JOHNSTON(W) SIMON RAHME(A) SAM CHALMERS(B)

Tight head prop

MAX CUTRONE(K) BRADY DAWSON(K) THOMAS LAMBERT(T)

Lock

LUCA MORETTI(W) HARRY WHITEMAN(W) TOM HUMPHREY(K)

Lock

NICK FROST(K) MAC NORTHCOTE(B) BILLY POLLARD(B)

Blind side flanker

SAM REIMER(B) TOM PARTINGTON (A) COOPER CHAMBERS(T)

Open side flanker

MATTHEW STEAD (T) JOEL ELLIS(W) FINNBAR STENMARK(C )

No 8

LIAM CORNISH(W) DANIEL GARING(K) MILES BRANAGAN(A)

Halfback

MARCO BELL (W) DAVID TEJCEK(B) Shadows
HUGH MELCHIOR(B)

Fly half

BEN DONALDSON(W) TOM WOODCOCK(K) NICK DRIESSEN(T)

Left wing

BYRON HOLLINGWORTH-DESSENT(T) LACHLAN WALLACE(W) JONO STENNING (K)

Inside centre

BROOKLYN HARDAKER(W)

PATRICK FLAHERTY(A) BEN HANSEN(K)

Outside centre

LACHLAN ILIAS(T) HUNTER MYERS(K) KORDELL PAYNE(T)

Right wing

WILL LLOYD(B) OTTAVIO GALLETTA(K) PHOENIX BALDWIN(W)

Fullback

MICHAEL PAVLAKIS(K) JAMES WESTBURY(A) JAYDEN KITCHENER(B)

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
From CAS website

NO.
Position

1ST XV 2ND XV RESERVES

Loose head prop

FINN WRIGHT(W) WILL McCORMICK(W) NIKOLAS-ALEXANDER GINIS(T)

Hooker

WILL JOHNSTON(W) SIMON RAHME(A) SAM CHALMERS(B)

Tight head prop

MAX CUTRONE(K) BRADY DAWSON(K) THOMAS LAMBERT(T)

Lock

LUCA MORETTI(W) HARRY WHITEMAN(W) TOM HUMPHREY(K)

Lock

NICK FROST(K) MAC NORTHCOTE(B) BILLY POLLARD(B)

Blind side flanker

SAM REIMER(B) TOM PARTINGTON (A) COOPER CHAMBERS(T)

Open side flanker

MATTHEW STEAD (T) JOEL ELLIS(W) FINNBAR STENMARK(C )

No 8

LIAM CORNISH(W) DANIEL GARING(K) MILES BRANAGAN(A)

Halfback

MARCO BELL (W) DAVID TEJCEK(B) Shadows
HUGH MELCHIOR(B)

Fly half

BEN DONALDSON(W) TOM WOODCOCK(K) NICK DRIESSEN(T)

Left wing

BYRON HOLLINGWORTH-DESSENT(T) LACHLAN WALLACE(W) JONO STENNING (K)

Inside centre

BROOKLYN HARDAKER(W)

PATRICK FLAHERTY(A) BEN HANSEN(K)

Outside centre

LACHLAN ILIAS(T) HUNTER MYERS(K) KORDELL PAYNE(T)

Right wing

WILL LLOYD(B) OTTAVIO GALLETTA(K) PHOENIX BALDWIN(W)

Fullback

MICHAEL PAVLAKIS(K) JAMES WESTBURY(A) JAYDEN KITCHENER(B)

Looks like a great team. Going to really challenge GPS.

Quick breakdown
Waves with 12
Knox with 11
Trinity with 8
Barker with 9
Aloys with 4
Cranbrook with 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I didn't catch all of Trinity and Knox today. Based on what I saw, Knox had an edge in the forwards and Frost was colossal. The scrum was also dominant. But Trinity scrapped hard. All the backs were dangerous but none more than HollingWorth-Dessent. Trinity was a bit too desperate to get the ball to him and too often a hurried pass went astray. About nine minutes from full time the Knox 6 earned a red card for a really bad tip tackle on Edmed who was, fortunately, unhurt.

S

sidelineview

It was a big call for the selectors to leave last season's CAS 1st XV fly half Woodcock in the 2nds, but it would have been difficult to ignore the Waverley 9/10/12 combination of Bell/Donaldson & Hardaker.

It's a strong team.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
CAS selectors have done a good job. Congrats to all the lads who made the starting XV's or the reserves. It is a tough job, especially with all us arm chair selectors running rife each weekend.

There were clearly some tough calls to make. I think Barkers Capt and no12 Will Harding was one of those close calls along with Harry Flaherty. Also Dreison from Trinity along with Cranbrooks Smouha-Ho were on the wrong side of some tough calls

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Agreed Rob. You might debate but could hardly complain about the selections, which appear to reflect form to date. May all the boys go well, enjoy the experience and do CAS proud in the matches v GPS on Tuesday, win, lose or draw.

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
CAS selectors have done a good job. Congrats to all the lads who made the starting XV's or the reserves. It is a tough job, especially with all us arm chair selectors running rife each weekend.

There were clearly some tough calls to make. I think Barkers Capt and no12 Will Harding was one of those close calls along with Harry Flaherty. Also Dreison from Trinity along with Cranbrooks Smouha-Ho were on the wrong side of some tough calls

Smouha-Ho was walking around Queens Park today in a sling. I heard it was a bad break of his collar bone at training earlier this week that had to be operated on. He will be unlikely to play again this season

S

sidelineview

The CAS vs GPS games on Tuesday @ Knox Grammar promise to be crackers.

The 1st XV clash in particular @ 6.15pm should be an epic battle. Very impressed with the talent in this team.

Good luck to all the players and hoping they get through their two games injury free until the weekend when the NSW teams are announced (Combined States announced on Monday).

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Match reports going up? Great game Barker v Alos. Alos never say die. Barker has improved in intensity since Trinity. Lots of running with ball in hand up the middle, ruck and mauls were intense and better clean ball to the backs. Lloyd was on fire.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
If you need one there is a 15 year old on the Central Coast - John Connelly. (NSW 14s and 15s) was a standout in the NSWvs Qld Gold squads game earlier this year , take a trip up to Bluetongue stadium Saturday 10th and you will see what i mean. I have watched this boy since under 10's am still surprised he hasn't found a school in Sydney

@Gilly - Is this the same young chap over at Kings who was named at 15 in GPS 1sts? If so , well spotted

S

sidelineview

So what are the predictions for this week's rep games?

Will CAS get up over GPS? The teams look very strong this season, particularly the 1st XV.

The thing is GPS folk always expect to win, so CAS are always the underdogs with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Past Results:
2016 CAS 2nds 28 def GPS 26; GPS 1sts 48 def CAS 17
2015 GPS 2nds 36 def CAS 17; GPS 1sts 50 def CAS 0

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
So what are the predictions for this week's rep games?

Will CAS get up over GPS? The teams look very strong this season, particularly the 1st XV.

The thing is GPS folk always expect to win, so CAS are always the underdogs with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Past Results:
2016 CAS 2nds 28 def GPS 26; GPS 1sts 48 def CAS 17
2015 GPS 2nds 36 def CAS 17; GPS 1sts 50 def CAS 0

SLV

Not one GPS person I've spoken to about tomorrow's 1st XV clash EXPECTS GPS to win. To the contrary, most I've spoken to think it will be a very close match that could go either way. Some, myself included, even think CAS are slight favourites.

I think the forwards look evenly matched, with perhaps a slight advantage to CAS.

GPS will, however, have a distinct size advantage in the backs. Tis one of the biggest (and certainly the tallest) GPS backlines I can remember. Whether that translates into an advantage, though, remains to be seen.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Both games winner will be a result of the team who gains ascendancy in the forwards. I recall a few years back when CAS had both Tyson Davis and Harry Jones, in the backs,both later played Aust U20 and GPS spanked them due to forward dominance.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Look at the CAS pack:

1. Wright- possible Aus schoolboy
2. Johnston - possible Combined states
3. Cutrone - possible NSW 3
4. Moretti - possible NSW backrower
5. Frost - possible Aus schoolboy
6. Reimer - possible NSW schoolboy 2018
7. Stead - NSW schoolboy 2016
8. Cornish - possible NSW backrower

The entire pack wouldn't be out of place in a NSW lineup- that means positive things for the game tomorrow.

The only issue may be their lineout which looks to have only 1 jumper.. luckily that jumper is 2 metres tall!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
There is no doubt this is the best CAS forward pack that I can recall. Relative to GPS. I think a good number of CAS lads will make the NSW teams and Combined States

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Also, Cutrone was out for rep season last year due to injury, Wright was only recently back from injury. They are a bit of an unknown, but two of the best props that CAS have had in the last ten years. Exciting time to be a CAS firsts forward I think.

Good luck tomorrow players from all schools and teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.