• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Hi WLF
I gather the 14a's game today was a bit of a mis-match. Cranbrook had only 6 A's players playing I'm lead to believe. Not really helpful to anyone in that situation. I might have chosen a good one to miss, Although I did look forward to chin wagging about the state carnival. Well done today regardless.

Yes Bolivia,

No good to anyone, we also had 4 out but the Cranbrook team tried all day.
Your bloke was the Cranbrook best.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
My mail is Waverley v brook is uncontested scrums in 1sts

While no doubt many will find this less than ideal .. I think correct descision. and hats off to all involved . as no one wants to see a serious injury

And hopefully depowering of scrum will help brook be competitive and make it a bit of a contest

If score blows out hope Waverley starts dropping players . say 13 plays 15
As seriously this could be a cricket score

And go back to point 1 no one wants to see a serious injury

As for me think I will head to hunters hill, despite the urge to see hardaker back carving up

Yes SDW,

The scrums were uncontested, I assume you were there.

Final score in the 1sts.

Waverley 64 Cranbrook 5.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
My mail is Waverley v brook is uncontested scrums in 1sts

While no doubt many will find this less than ideal .. I think correct descision. and hats off to all involved . as no one wants to see a serious injury

And hopefully depowering of scrum will help brook be competitive and make it a bit of a contest

If score blows out hope Waverley starts dropping players . say 13 plays 15
As seriously this could be a cricket score

And go back to point 1 no one wants to see a serious injury

As for me think I will head to hunters hill, despite the urge to see hardaker back carving up

SDW,

Apparently the CAS rep teans are picked tonight, does anyone know what time?

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
Great effort from Waverley today, doing the simple things right and overpowering Cranbrook at every aspect of the game. It was my first time watching Waverley since their game against TSS and they looked like a great team.

Cranbrook showed a lot of heart and it was a great effort from Ed Banks who played a full seconds game and then played a full game in the firsts after the Cranbrook hooker was injured in the warmup (this is the reason for the uncontested scrums). Another great game for Stenmark and Lamens did extremely well on his comeback to CAS rugby, however it was sad to see his doppelgänger Maples go off with what looks like a season ending knee injury. Cranbrook are now without Milios, Maples, Ho, May, Sprague, Brokehoizan and Glastras. This really is a horror season for them and I hope they can build and learn from this season and come back stronger next year.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Talking about rep teams, I would not be surprised if the selectors chose Simon Marais in the CAS sides. He was Barker 1sts in 2016, and is the leading try scorer for the 2nd XV this year. Only Will Lloyd (presumably CAS1s & Kyle Galloway CAS U16s , have kept him out of Barker 1sts. He has size speed defence and a great kick and chase.

Lloyd got another double today as did Reimer. He would be my choice as number 8 despit the claims of Morretti and Cornish.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Solid win by Barker today. The forwards were dominant and the backs were a brick wall in defence. Aloys did not play to their potential. The backs were very disjointed with passes being sprayed everywhere instead of in front of the intended receiver and they kicked plenty, giving Jayden Kitchener plenty of retrieving to do.
The game was won at the breakdown with Reimer, Northcot and Pollard just huge. Reimer with 2 tries added at least 4 key dominant turnovers while Northcot was reliable in the lineout and a monster at clearing out at the ruck.
Billy Pollard is a wrecking ball in the loose. He is going to be a handfull in 2 years time as a year 12 lad.
The CAS rep rounds will be interesting but the match up at against Waverley at Hornsby will be a cracker.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I reckon Alos will beat Barker this weekend.

I always remember the Knox Alos game from 2015- they have a true underdog spirit even against the powerhouses!

BM or CatchnPass,

I suspect there should have been a great game today between the Knox and Trinity 14as, do you know who won?

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Solid win by Barker today. The forwards were dominant and the backs were a brick wall in defence. Aloys did not play to their potential. The backs were very disjointed with passes being sprayed everywhere instead of in front of the intended receiver and they kicked plenty, giving Jayden Kitchener plenty of retrieving to do.
The game was won at the breakdown with Reimer, Northcot and Pollard just huge. Reimer with 2 tries added at least 4 key dominant turnovers while Northcot was reliable in the lineout and a monster at clearing out at the ruck.
Billy Pollard is a wrecking ball in the loose. He is going to be a handfull in 2 years time as a year 12 lad.
The CAS rep rounds will be interesting but the match up at against Waverley at Hornsby will be a cracker.

How pollard didn't get selected for CAS u16's is beyond me. Maybe he will be in the CAS opens which would be a big deal for a young fella.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Trinity are a good side. Barker was fortunate to sneak past them last week after playing into Trinity's hands for 60 minutes of the game. That said Barker is playing well as a team, with no genuine superstars amongst them. And that is what coaches Hargraves and Whittacker have devloped here. A strong team culture. They also are blessed with depth with the 2nds winning their games by plenty each week. When Dring and Hutton return after the holiday break Barker Rugby will be even stronger.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Given how well Pollard played today and given his positional change from No6 to No2, in the Barker 1sts, it will be interesting how the CAS selectors see him. No doubt he is dynamite with ball in hand but is 3 weeks enough to learn the dark arts of front row scrummaging and face the might of the best of GPS?? Or is he best left at no6 in the rep sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.