• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Backline_Move

1 Dawson (K)
2 Wright (W)
3 Cutrone (K)
4 Humphrey (K)
5 Frost (K)
6 Cornish (W)
7 Reimer (B)
8 Moretti (W)
9 Chambers (T)
10 Donaldson (W)
11 Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
12 Hardaker (W)
13 Flaherty (A)
14 Lloyd (B)
15 Pavlakis (K)

1 Rahme (A)
2 Frear (K) inj ???
3 McCormick (W)
4 Flaherty (B)
5 Whiteman (W)
6 Garvison (K)
7 Stead (T)
8 Garing (K)
9 Tejcek (B)
10 Woodcock (K)
11 Wallace (W)
12 Myer (K)
13 Payne (T)
14 Cameron/Leigh (K)
15 Ilias (T)

runitstraight88

Frank Row (1)
1 Dawson (K)
2 Wright (W)
3 Cutrone (K)
4 Humphrey (K)
5 Frost (K)
6 Cornish (W)
7 Reimer (B)
8 Moretti (W)
9 Bell (W)
10 Donaldson (W)
11 Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
12 Hardaker (W)
13 Flaherty (A)
14 Lloyd (B)
15 Pavlakis (K)

1 Rahme (A)
2 Frear (K)
3 McCormick (W)
4 Flaherty (B)
5 Whiteman (W)
6 Garvison (K)
7 Stead (T)
8 Garing (K)
9 Tejcek (B)
10 Woodcock (K)
11 Wallace (W)
12 Myer (K)
13 Payne (T)
14 Cameron/Leigh (K)
15 Ilias (T)

surely Tom Partington (A) will be getting a look in in the back row in either of the two teams. his work rate off the ball is rarely paralleled

also believe that Illias (T) good be gunning for that spot of his fellow Trinitarian on the wing, a lot more dynamic in attack and solid in defense and only marginly slower too

meat1head

Peter Burge (5)
1 Rahme (A)
2 Frear (K)
3 McCormick (W)
4 Flaherty (B)
5 Whiteman (W)
6 Garvison (K)
7 Stead (T)
8 Garing (K)
9 Tejcek (B)
10 Woodcock (K)
11 Wallace (W)
12 Myer (K)
13 Payne (T)
14 Cameron/Leigh (K)
15 Ilias (T)
unfortunately Frear is having surgery on his shoulder so he won't be back until next season

Obstruction

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Wright (W) / Dawson (K)
2. Rahme (A)
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Frost (K)
5. Moretti (W)
6. Cornish (W) / Partington (A)
7. Stead (T)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)
10. Woodcock (K)
11. Hollingsworth-Descent (T)
12. Hardaker (W)
13. Flaherty (A)
14. Lloyd (B)
15. Donaldson (W)

This team could genuinely work. Hardaker (W) is the only player I have never seen play before, however I am going off both everyones word & the fact I saw Flaherty (A) play well out of position at 13 last year.

I also know that Donaldson (W) is a class 10, as is Woodcock (K), & I think both should be included somewhere in the 1's side. The comment made about CAS 2s players still having the potential to make higher honours is not correct. Last year CAS defeated GPS in the 2s, & if my memory is correct, 2 players from that team made the NSW SHADOW squad compared to 6 from the losing GPS 2s side, who made STARTING NSW sides

Also, the comment suggesting the Waves 9, 10 & 12 deserve selection for CAS 1s & anything else occurring is rugby politics is ridiculous. How would it be political not to choose such players when they are perceived as the strongest team in the competition- Consistently talented players from weaker sides miss selection as opposed to stronger teams. For example, Slaven from Aloys last year missed selection for CAS 1s in 2016 to the Waverley winger who was not Yoannadis, (sorry, forgot his name) after making the CAS 1s side in 2015 on the wing. He was consistently there best player all year & undoubtedly deserved selection somewhere in that 1s side.

Yes, I know Waverley had players playing out of position last weekend and this affected their flow & backline momentum, however their strength, both from what I saw and have heard all year, was their tireless & powerful forward pack- as far as their backs were concerned, I would say the game was a far more even affair, with Aloys playing well to stay in touch for a large portion of the game.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
2. Rahme (A)
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Frost (K)
5. Moretti (W)
7. Stead (T)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)
10. Woodcock (K)
12. Hardaker (W)
13. Flaherty (A)
14. Lloyd (B)
15. Donaldson (W)

This team could genuinely work. Hardaker (W) is the only player I have never seen play before, however I am going off both everyones word & the fact I saw Flaherty (A) play well out of position at 13 last year.

I also know that Donaldson (W) is a class 10, as is Woodcock (K), & I think both should be included somewhere in the 1's side. The comment made about CAS 2s players still having the potential to make higher honours is not correct. Last year CAS defeated GPS in the 2s, & if my memory is correct, 2 players from that team made the NSW SHADOW squad compared to 6 from the losing GPS 2s side, who made STARTING NSW sides

Also, the comment suggesting the Waves 9, 10 & 12 deserve selection for CAS 1s & anything else occurring is rugby politics is ridiculous. How would it be political not to choose such players when they are perceived as the strongest team in the competition- Consistently talented players from weaker sides miss selection as opposed to stronger teams. For example, Slaven from Aloys last year missed selection for CAS 1s in 2016 to the Waverley winger who was not Yoannadis, (sorry, forgot his name) after making the CAS 1s side in 2015 on the wing. He was consistently there best player all year & undoubtedly deserved selection somewhere in that 1s side.

Yes, I know Waverley had players playing out of position last weekend and this affected their flow & backline momentum, however their strength, both from what I saw and have heard all year, was their tireless & powerful forward pack- as far as their backs were concerned, I would say the game was a far more even affair, with Aloys playing well to stay in touch for a large portion of the game.

Ob,

Are you suggesting Knox are perceived as the strongest team in the CAS comp?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
2. Rahme (A)
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Frost (K)
5. Moretti (W)
7. Stead (T)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)
10. Woodcock (K)
12. Hardaker (W)
13. Flaherty (A)
14. Lloyd (B)
15. Donaldson (W)

Ob,

Like your best Knox players, I think we all agree that when they are out it makes a difference.

You mentioned you haven't seen Hardaker play yet, he makes a difference, so the Waverley back line certainly compliments the forward pack, that is how they put 50+ on the strong GPS teams.

Obstruction

Bob McCowan (2)
WLF, Im suggesting Knox & Waverley are perceived as the strongest two sides, probably I would tip Waverley to win the comp personally at this point.

Also Im not a Knox supporter, I'm supporting Aloys & hoping they can string a few wins together this season.

S

sweetchilli philli

Hey #SweetChillnation!
After gaining valuable experience posting on my beloved ISA blog (please check it out) I have made the executive decision to move my insightful analysis on schoolboy rugby to the CAS community. I must admit I am a long time reader on the CAS blog so I am quite excited to make my debut on the CAS forum.

As much as I enjoy reading about the CAS competition there is one thing that really makes my sauce sour that is this recurring idea that the CAS is so much better than the ISA… this is a load of baloney. The ISA is a far superior competition in my personal opinion. Does this forum need reminding that the Powerhouse of Schoolboy rugby Stannies demolished the so called “Juggernaut” of Knox College. Another example ISA beat CAS last year yet the CAS community believes there competition is better than GPS… what a joke. If you ask my Aloys and Cranbrook wouldn’t be able to compete in ISA division 2.

If I could have one wish this Christmas it would be for Stannies vs Waverly. I would love to the Big 3 of Bo Abra”Kabara”, Yool “again” Yool and Hunter “and Collectors” Ward go head to head with Finn “not so” Wright, Luca “spaghetti” Moretti and Zac “poor in attack “ Hardaker. In my opinion this match would end up with a cricket score in favour of the boys in Bathurst.

To conclude, I would love to hear your thoughts on this matchup and where ISA stands in relation to CAS and GPS.

#staysaucymycaspeeps

S

sidelineview

ISA just pipped CAS on the post last season.

Barring injuries, CAS are odds on the beat ISA this season.
CAS 4/6 ISA 3-1

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
WLF, Im suggesting Knox & Waverley are perceived as the strongest two sides, probably I would tip Waverley to win the comp personally at this point.

Also Im not a Knox supporter, I'm supporting Aloys & hoping they can string a few wins together this season.

Fair call Ob understand,

I do think Aloys will win a number of games,they have a young team but are talented and never give up!

S

sidelineview

How can anybody take ur comments serious with these odds ? Please u have no idea , for the record I think ISA would win in a good battle.

There will be a bookmaker at the game, so you can plonk your money on.

I'm told he'll be dressed in an old overcoat with a Groucho Marx mask on so no one recognises him.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Hey #SweetChillnation!
After gaining valuable experience posting on my beloved ISA blog (please check it out) I have made the executive decision to move my insightful analysis on schoolboy rugby to the CAS community. I must admit I am a long time reader on the CAS blog so I am quite excited to make my debut on the CAS forum.

As much as I enjoy reading about the CAS competition there is one thing that really makes my sauce sour that is this recurring idea that the CAS is so much better than the ISA… this is a load of baloney. The ISA is a far superior competition in my personal opinion. Does this forum need reminding that the Powerhouse of Schoolboy rugby Stannies demolished the so called “Juggernaut” of Knox College. Another example ISA beat CAS last year yet the CAS community believes there competition is better than GPS… what a joke. If you ask my Aloys and Cranbrook wouldn’t be able to compete in ISA division 2.

If I could have one wish this Christmas it would be for Stannies vs Waverly. I would love to the Big 3 of Bo Abra”Kabara”, Yool “again” Yool and Hunter “and Collectors” Ward go head to head with Finn “not so” Wright, Luca “spaghetti” Moretti and Zac “poor in attack “ Hardaker. In my opinion this match would end up with a cricket score in favour of the boys in Bathurst.

To conclude, I would love to hear your thoughts on this matchup and where ISA stands in relation to CAS and GPS.

#staysaucymycaspeeps

Ha ha SweetChilli Philli,

I am not sure who on this CAS thread thinks that the ISA comp isn't strong, in fact quite the contrary, and I don't remember anyone saying the CAS comp is better than the GPS comp, we are just interested in playing more of them and the top ISA schools.

Many of us would like to see a super comp going forward that has all the top schools.This year Stannies are clearly a super team, and a game against Waverley would be very interesting.

Forget the "Knox Juggernaut"comment, that was 1 person.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
There will be a bookmaker at the game, so you can plonk your money on.

I'm told he'll be dressed in an old overcoat with a Groucho Marx mask on so no one recognises him.

Excellent I will have 12k on CAS 4/6 and 5k on ISA at 3-1 . Outlay 17k return 20k either result , please let me know where to collect the3 k profit or better still give it to charity. Suggest u give up the odds making.

S

sidelineview

Excellent I will have 12k on CAS 4/6 and 5k on ISA at 3-1 . Outlay 17k return 20k either result , please let me know where to collect the3 k profit or better still give it to charity. Suggest u give up the odds making.

If you had 17K the police would be after you

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
If you had 17K the police would be after you

This seems a lot better option than ur bank manager constantly calling wanting to know where all ur cash has gone.

Suggest a bit of extra care in ur comments as can get expensive as proven.

For the record bookmakers stopped displaying fractional odds 20yrs ago this suggests ur not quite with the times.

Enjoy the rugby and stay off the punt.

S

sidelineview

This seems a lot better option than ur bank manager constantly calling wanting to know where all ur cash has gone.

Suggest a bit of extra care in ur comments as can get expensive as proven.

For the record bookmakers stopped displaying fractional odds 20yrs ago this suggests ur not quite with the times.

Enjoy the rugby and stay off the punt.

You take a long time to think of a come back.

Seriously though, ISA were lucky to beat CAS on the bell last year after CAS proved to be the dominant team for 95% of the match.

ISA probably has a slim chance of winning this year, I will grant you that.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey #SweetChillnation!

#staysaucymycaspeeps

lol cause a barker 1st/2nd squad pumped stannies

Status
Not open for further replies.