• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homebush Kebab

Frank Row (1)
In regards to the Waves Aloys game today, here were a few points I gathered:

- Best on field from Waverley was 3 (Finn Wright) who had a big running game, breaking several tackles, & 4 (Luca Moretti) specifically for his strong offload game.
- From Aloys 12 (Pat Flaherty) was exceptional in a losing side, consistently drawing attention and giving exceptional ball to his outer backs. 10 (James Westbury) I also thought played well, given the difficult ball he had to cope with
- It was not so much Aloys forwards playing poor as much as it was Waverley's pack playing well as a unit. They were fast to breakdowns as well as powerful, however their discipline was not always on point and this resulted in several penalties and a yellow card (arguably lucky for waves only to cop one)
- Aloys had strong goal line defense in the first half- the half time score was 12-6. They tired dramatically later in the second half
- Overall there were a lot of positives to be had from both teams. I think although the score line did in fact reflect the game, and Aloys deservedly lost well, they showed good structure, and given some luck can trouble all teams in the coming months
- Waverley played their strong typical game. In particular, their forwards were very impressive and they used this well to their advantage

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
23cc9ff87e3205fae39b1240e0d5d309.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Cool pics. First thing that struck me was the size of the new stand

Then the fact that there is 1 barker kid, and 8 trinity kids

Where is the rest of the barker team?!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
I cut the rest of the Barker team from the pics. They were in the wide angle shot. about 2.5 steps behind.

The grandstand is coming along. Wet weather stymied the build a bit.

It fits nicely into the surrounds. Not as big as the Knox seating but it is under cover. Nowhere near like the Hawker stand at Shore.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
fda65ea33e50c78754002410bb517352.png
this was the preceding play. Lloyd is tackled 15m out. Northcot, Reimer and blindside winger recycle ball. Tecjek 9 gives perfectly timed crash ball pass to Pollard who does what he does best. Bend defensive lines.

Haron

Frank Row (1)
Has anyone got information on the Cranbrook prop Tex Ho? I haven't heard much about him but from some talk with the parents, he's quite the 'weapon' and has good potential for rugby after school. Could he be a potential for CAS 1 or 2 XV?

Lisa H

Frank Row (1)
Has anyone got information on the Cranbrook prop Tex Ho? I haven't heard much about him but from some talk with the parents, he's quite the 'weapon' and has good potential for rugby after school. Could he be a potential for CAS 1 or 2 XV?

Yes, I believe he is a real contender for prop. Could possibly even put him at hooker. With his speed and size, he would be a real benefit to the side.

Haron

Frank Row (1)
Are you a Cranbrook parent or general spectator? IMO I think prop for CAS 1 is a stretch, but everyone is entitled to an opinion and with selections very soon, maybe a possibility for the 2XV is more viable

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
The CAS squads should have 6 or 7 props chosen. So Tex could make the squad but I doubt a CAS 1st spot is available. Curttone and Wright have those spots stitched up.

Waratahstowin

Bob McCowan (2)
Some very tragic news for the schoolboy rugby community today. The rugby player that died today at Warringah was Lachie Ward, a former Barker College student from 2009. To his parents and all his family, our condolences from all those here at Green & Gold.

That is very sad news.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Obstruction

Bob McCowan (2)
back in September last year I drafted a CAS side;

1. Wright (W) / Dawson (K)
2. Coghill (B)
3. Rahme (A) / Cutrone (K)
4. Frost (K) / Flaherty (B)
5. Moretti (W)
6. Reimer (B)
7. Stead (T) / Partington (A) / Cornish (W)
9. Tejeck (B)
10. Woodcock (K) / Donaldson (W)
11. Lloyd (B)
12. Flaherty (A)
14. Hollingsworth-Descent (T)

My guess now has hardly changed at all;

1. Wright (W)
2. Rahme (A)
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Frost (K)
5. Moretti (W)
6. Reimer (B)