• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
^^^The schools generally deal with anything the officials miss.
Every spectator is a potential citing commissioner - just write a letter to the principal

Skyhighobserver

Frank Row (1)
^^^The schools generally deal with anything the officials miss.
Every spectator is a potential citing commissioner - just write a letter to the principal

In the same way Waverley and Knox "dealt with their players" last year. What incentive do they have to deal with anything if their 'star player' (let's say Byron Hollingworth-Dessent for Trinity for example) were to be involved and were not officially cited. It needs to be changed. I agree with the Rumour Mill.

Both Eyes Open

Frank Row (1)
Why don't the schools just align with the Sydney Juniors judiciary? It ensures there is independence and also would ensure that player and official (in the event of referee abuse) was dealt with adequately. I appreciate that this might not work for all grades but certainly could be considered for first and 2nd grade where NSW appoint the officials?

S

sidelineview

CAS_RumourMill

Keep it objective in future.
It's against the forum rules and you're talking about kids who are identifiable while you remain a faceless keyboard warrior.

There's also the matter of defamation.

If you want to get personal about kids, supply your full name and phone number in future so you can be just as identifiable.

CAS_RumourMill

Bob McCowan (2)
CAS_RumourMill

Keep it objective in future.
It's against the forum rules and you're talking about kids who are identifiable while you remain a faceless keyboard warrior.

There's also the matter of defamation.

If you want to get personal about kids, supply your full name and phone number in future so you can be just as identifiable.

Happy to talk about it with anyone in future. Shoot me a pm and we can talk it out if you've got any problems. If you read back I was not actually naming a specific referee or situation and was citing an example which was dealt with on the forum last year. I was not actually defaming anyone's reputation unlike the general chat around the forum was last year. Might I suggest that the requirement for a phone number seems slightly odd from you...

Why don't the schools just align with the Sydney Juniors judiciary? It ensures there is independence and also would ensure that player and official (in the event of referee abuse) was dealt with adequately. I appreciate that this might not work for all grades but certainly could be considered for first and 2nd grade where NSW appoint the officials?

I agree, something has to be better than nothing. In saying that Sydney Juniors have a mass of things to cover and at the end of the day we still want to leave it up to the schools to sort out but a guidance process would be ideal in my view.

S

sidelineview

CAS_RumourMill
Happy to talk about it with anyone in future. Shoot me a pm and we can talk it out if you've got any problems. If you read back I was not actually naming a specific referee or situation and was citing an example which was dealt with on the forum last year. I was not actually defaming anyone's reputation unlike the general chat around the forum was last year. Might I suggest that the requirement for a phone number seems slightly odd from you.

I had a problem, now it's sorted.
Comments last season were deleted for the same reason.

Keep it objective, but if you feel like naming players in a derogatory way, be brave enough to expose your own identity as well.

And you were actually defaming someone.

Matter closed.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
In the same way Waverley and Knox "dealt with their players" last year. What incentive do they have to deal with anything if their 'star player' (let's say Byron Hollingworth-Dessent for Trinity for example) were to be involved and were not officially cited. It needs to be changed. I agree with the Rumour Mill.
If the schools think their rugby results are more important than educating their members ultimately that will tell in the wider game of life.
Write a the letter and then go to the board/council/bishop if you don't get satisfaction.

richard powell

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was at the Aloy's v Waverley game on Saturday watching the game with about 25 old boys from the Aloysius and Waverley sides from 1979. (after a great lunch).
Waverley have an outstanding side. They are very direct but can move it wide when they need to and have the benefit of size and speed. Gee they will be hard to beat in this CAS competition.
I just want to say I was proud of the Aloys boys. They really showed great commitment in the face of adversity. They hung tough for a long time but after making so many tackles against some big boys they eventually tired which I would think was to be expected. No shame in losing, only in not competing which they did.
Good luck to both sides for the rest of the year.

Thanks again for organising D.H.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
From the u16's thread.

Likely there are some boys in there playing opens rugby this year.

South Harbour Schools School North Harbour Schools School
Paddy Tagg C Jack McNeil A
Perry Tasker C Finn Spalding A
Alex O’Reilly C Ben Pollack A
Ali Pakutoa C Spencer Spalding A
Jake Taylor C Tom Brown A
Peter North C Jordan Cameron B
Tasman Smith C Billy Pollard B
Max Epstein C Kyle Galloway B
Matt Brooks T Lucas Vass B
Ben Austin T Alex Veivers B
Sioni Vuki T Dane Wilson B
Alex Leckie T Andrew Castrisos B
Oliver Buchanan T Hilton Ovenden B
Jacob Gadiel T Will Kablau K
Ethan Grimmond T Oliver Hughes K
Harrison Layton T Oscar Cheal K
Ben Jabbour T Dan Breden K
Malachi Hawkes T Tom Constable K
Zane Chesterfield T Oliver Evans K
Alex Rice W Sam Rechner K
Connor Molloy W Enrique Grobler K
Marco Moretti W Khoby McDonald K
Ryan Connolly W Sean Kennedy K
Alistair Jensen W
Patrick Kite W
Anthony Santamaria W
Aidan Arabi W
Oliver Ferguson W
Hugo Hayman C

B

Backline_Move

Has there been any further information released about what the program will entail next year? Has there been any discussions? Will they continue with this format or has anything else been proposed? Would imagine they are planning all the stuff for next year now and people are discussing what the CAS will look like. Any insiders have the word on what the go is?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I was at the Aloy's v Waverley game on Saturday watching the game with about 25 old boys from the Aloysius and Waverley sides from 1979. (after a great lunch).
Waverley have an outstanding side. They are very direct but can move it wide when they need to and have the benefit of size and speed. Gee they will be hard to beat in this CAS competition.
I just want to say I was proud of the Aloys boys. They really showed great commitment in the face of adversity. They hung tough for a long time but after making so many tackles against some big boys they eventually tired which I would think was to be expected. No shame in losing, only in not competing which they did.
Good luck to both sides for the rest of the year.

Thanks again for organising D.H.

Dick, they did compete, unlike 79!

See at Aloys next year.

White Line Fever.

One team often not look upon is Barker 2nds, they have had a very strong season so far and are strong contenders for the shield in the 2nd division. They have put almost 50 points on every CAS school they have versed including a 73-0 victory against Cranbrook, they display some promise and dept within the Barker ranks. Coaches Brad Moar and Greg Longney have been working their magic to produce a fine team.

Ingrowntoenail

Frank Row (1)
One team often not look upon is Barker 2nds, they have had a very strong season so far and are strong contenders for the shield in the 2nd division. They have put almost 50 points on every CAS school they have versed including a 73-0 victory against Cranbrook, they display some promise and dept within the Barker ranks. Coaches Brad Moar and Greg Longney have been working their magic to produce a fine team.

IN discussion with other parents, we thoroughly agree with this statement, with barker showing lots of depth, its the type of school that can compete with GPS rivals especially in the lower grades. Wouldn't be surprised if barker 2nds and 3rds dominate their respected CAS competition, keen to see the barker's depth to shine in energy impacts from bench players, once again exhibiting great depth

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
From the u16's thread.

Alistair Jensen W
Patrick Kite W
Anthony Santamaria W
Aidan Arabi W
Oliver Ferguson W
Hugo Hayman C

Knox Boys that have had a run in the 1XV this year
- Oscar Cheal
- Sean Kennedy
- Tom Constable
- Enrique Grobler

Later in the season (Prediction)
- Kye Haslam
- Sam Rechner
- Will Kablau

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
From the u16's thread.

Alistair Jensen W
Patrick Kite W
Anthony Santamaria W
Aidan Arabi W
Oliver Ferguson W
Hugo Hayman C

Tas Smith, Alex O'Reily and Hugo Hayman have all played 1XV at Cranbrook this year. I expect that Pakutoa will also get some game time during the year.

FrontRowSymetry

Frank Row (1)

Hearing that the 16A's prop from last year Matt Turner has moved up? Can anyone confirm? Hear is an excellent tight head...

BrookieBooster22

Frank Row (1)
Hearing that the 16A's prop from last year Matt Turner has moved up? Can anyone confirm? Hear is an excellent tight head.

From memory, Turner was playing loose head last year in the games that i was watching. IMO he was a tad too slow and innefective around the park and what he lacked there was not made up at scrum time being pushed off of the mark much too often by any experienced scrummager such as Mcuiggan.

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)

Why do people think Byron is Trinity's star?

Stead is the man. Ilias and Payne too. Byron is a good player and very good finisher, but these 3 are superior all round footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.