• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

It makes a big difference to the team. Enables hardaker to move wider.

Gives you a backline of

10. Donaldson
11. Wallace
12. Cornish
13. Murphy
14. Hardaker
15. Still an issue- but apparently there is a new kid at the school from SA that is very good as well.

So besides Bell @ 9 and Donaldson @ 10, Waverley have the following players in the mix for back line spots?

Towns, Cornish, Murphy, Hardaker, Wallace, Andrews, Tomiosello, Eyles, Rainer and the new kid from SA?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
With Searle having left cranbrook, has a new recipient of Matt street scholarship been awarded?

Surprised that cranbrook, under Andrew cleverley (ex scots) aren't trying to bolster the rugby ranks

Although maybe they are just flying under the radar

And least they will field more open teams than grammar, despite their 16s (2016) having copped years of floggings ... but showed some character.

Always love an underdog that won't give up

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
With Searle having left cranbrook, has a new recipient of Matt street scholarship been awarded?

Surprised that cranbrook, under Andrew cleverley (ex scots) aren't trying to bolster the rugby ranks

Although maybe they are just flying under the radar

And least they will field more open teams than grammar, despite their 16s (2016) having copped years of floggings . but showed some character.

Always love an underdog that won't give up

Perhaps Cranbrook are building from the base - bringing in good rugby players into the U13's each year.

Mr Touch Finder

Peter Burge (5)
Has anyone got an idea on a predicted 1st team for Knox Grammar against St Augustines
1.James Frear
2.Ben Adams
3.Brady Dawson
4.Tom Humphries
5.Jono Stenning
6.Oliver Harvison
7.Billy Collins
8.Dan Garing
9.Ben Hansen
10.Tom Woodcock
11.Tom Leigh
12.Ottavio Galleta
13.Tom Cameron
14.Tom Brown
15.Mike Pavlarkis

B

Backline_Move

^^^

Tom Woodcock will also captain that team. Has been working hard to be a leader of that squad for a few years- very well deserved.

Rugby99

Frank Row (1)
^^^
I have recently heard that there is another back looking to play in the 1st that played in the seconds last year still unsure of the name but sources do say that he may be in their

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
^^^ Fletcher Watson not in the mix, surprising from what i have witnessed over the past 2 seasons.

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
Re that Knox team - I do believe you'll find that Towns has left Waverley and is at Knox. He is still mentioned as a possible in the Waverley backline - this is why his name isn't mentioned there.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Any thoughts on CAS U16's?
Shooter.
I am aware of a couple of losses to what looked like being a strong u16s team for this year. Tom Gratwicke (Knox) a fantastic number 8, is reportedly spending the first half of the year at a NZ rugby school to enhance his skills. Sam Rechner, also Knox, the potential IC has glandular fever, so it will be interesting to see how he recovers. Then there is Jude Gibbs, the Cranbrook 10 who has moved on to Joey's. The selectors will need to search a little deeper. Anyone know of any potential players to cover these losses?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
SM and CS, following some disgruntled rumblings from the regulars last year, discussion about CAS U16s was moved to its own dedicated thread which was quite active and closed at 26 pages. I've taken the liberty of creating a similar one for 2017 so that banter re U16s can be given the prominence it deserves without cutting across discussion re the Opens. See 'CAS U16s 2017' on the Schoolboy Rugby threads page. Cheers.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
SM and CS, following some disgruntled rumblings from the regulars last year, discussion about CAS U16s was moved to its own dedicated thread which was quite active and closed at 26 pages. I've taken the liberty of creating a similar one for 2017 so that banter re U16s can be given the prominence it deserves without cutting across discussion re the Opens. See 'CAS U16s 2017' on the Schoolboy Rugby threads page. Cheers.
Thanks CnP. Great idea.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
I can confirm Matt Coghill suffered an unfortunate training injury rupturing his ACL.. he is resigned to missing most of the season..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.