• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAS_Rugby Viewer

Stan Wickham (3)
Couple of my team predictions. Feel free to make some suggestions.

Barker

1. Thomas
2. Coghill ?
3. Buffa
4. Northcotte
5. Flaherty
6. Reimer
7. Hutton
8. Melchoir
9. Tjeck
10. Williams
11. Marais
12. Van-Woerkom
13. Lloyd
14. Bryden
15. Kitchener

Waverley

1. Wright
2. ?
3. McCormack
4. Zsabo
5. Ellis
6. Cornish
7. Murphy
8. Moretti
9. Bell
10. Donaldson
11. ?
12. Hardaker
13. Towns
14. ?
15. ?

Trinity

1. Lambert
2. Doyle
3. ?
4. Driessen
5. Ginas
6. Layton
7. Stead
8. Lermia
9. Chambers
10. Edmed
11. Tanner
12. Ilias
13. Langham
14. Hollingworth-Dessent
15. Payne

CAS_Rugby Viewer

Stan Wickham (3)
Not much has been said on here about Cranbrook. I'll do my best to put out a predicted team.

1. Glastras
2. Pilton
3. ?
4. Crammond
7. Tilley
8. May
9. Smith
10. Stenmark
12. Lamens
13. Harris
15. White

Looks like it could be a long year for the Brook boys.

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
if i was to pick my cbrook team it would look something like this...

Diggerz I think it worthwhile remembering you're talking about schoolkids here not professional athletes. If you haven't got something nice or constructive to say, how about you list the name and move on?

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
DD, like your honesty but completely agree with BAR.

I think you will understand that yep this is area is about school boys.
So relax on some personal comments but benefit of the doubt about what this blog does.

I do hope that Cranbrook do well, I have plenty of mates from brook, all great guys, and now my boys are playing against CB again, and again lots of talented boys.

Rugby season approaches, may the best team win.

Reactions: BAR

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
I can confirm Matt Coghill suffered an unfortunate training injury rupturing his ACL.. he is resigned to missing most of the season..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is extremely poor for this young man, we all hope he recovers asap.
As a Waverley parent, which probably is doesn't matter what school, this is certainly something no one wants to hear about a fine young man.

Hope he recovers immediately!

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Agree, he was looking very good for much higher rep honours.

The MRI results are not through as yet so the prognosis is not confirmed. With Matt gone and some others indicating a reluctance to play in the 1sts due to the training commitments, Barker is under a bit of a cloud at this time. It is not looking as good as it was prior to Xmas. There will be no Coghill, no Buffa and a couple of backs are wanting to play lower.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
The MRI results are not through as yet so the prognosis is not confirmed. With Matt gone and some others indicating a reluctance to play in the 1sts due to the training commitments, Barker is under a bit of a cloud at this time. It is not looking as good as it was prior to Xmas. There will be no Coghill, no Buffa and a couple of backs are wanting to play lower.

What happened to Buffa? He was a CAS chance as well.

When do we know the final outcome for Matt? I hope it will be good news, he will be an outstanding player for CAS this year if available.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Buffa is too old to play is the understanding I have. May be Rod Skellet may be more up to date on that. I think we will know final outcome for Matt later in the week but the medicine is pretty certain it is a bad ACL.

kiwiburd

Stan Wickham (3)
Can confirm, Coghills MRI results showed a Torn ACL, Torn Meniscus and a Fractured Tibia. Very unfortunate and disappointing for the young lad. Wish him all the best for surgery and his recovery.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
Haven't really heard much about Aloys but from what I know the 16s performed well last year so the team could be something like:
1. S.Rahme (1sts)
2. Spalding (16A's)
3. Halliday (2nds)
4. Sullivan (1sts)
5. Brennan (16A's)
6. Ryan (16A's)
7. A.Rahme (16A's)
8. Partington (1sts)
9. Di Sano (16A's)
10. Westbury (16A's)
11. Coleman (2nds)
12. Flaherty (1st's)
13. Branagan (16A's)
14. Richardson (1sts)
15. Dunlop (1sts)

Ryan Rugby

Frank Row (1)
if i was to pick my cbrook team it would look something like this:

1. May ( Used to be quite fat this kid, though has slimmed down with an extremely intense food diet and tough gym regime) Have put him here as he has started to put on a bit of chub as he is strating to slowly lose grip on his diet.
2. Milios (short little guy, who gives it his all and will impress and i predict is a dark horse to make CAS)
3. Ed Banks (Will Banks brother)
4. Maples ( BEASTTTTT!)
5. Tilley (good in lineouts that's it)
6. Broekhauzin ( Looks a strong player, and will be an anchor for this team especially with his experience from last year)
7. Vicars (C) ( A player with amazing potential, especially around the rucks, with his uncanny ability to poach the opposition's ball at just the right time)
8. Crammond ( A beast who will go close to CAS 1's this year)
9. Will Banks ( one of the best blokes going around Cranbrook if you ask me and his brother Ed is living in his shadow)
10. Stenmark ( A player with great vision, though due to his inability to tackle he may struggle in defence, though being the anchor to this team
11. Antonelli
12. White ( a player who has immense promise and will shine i believe in a stronger backline than previous years, I've heard he has the nicest hair in the CAS ) as well.
13. Lim- Strachn (a player who usually plays forwards though he has shown great promise with his speed to be able to dominate in the backs this season)
14. Crowley ( Lanky guy who is only filling the gaps and will NOT perform well this season, unfortunately)
15. Lamens ( would love to see this kid in open space, after a strong season last year I believe the experience he would've gained will be invaluable to the success of this team

Mate i know exactly who you are, your john vicars

these are kids and you shouldn't put down anyone its disrespectful. im coming for you john vicars. naming yourself as captain how arrogant are you

richard powell

Allen Oxlade (6)
Aloys Lineup

1. Halliday (2nds)
2. Rahme (1sts)
3. Williams (2nds)
4. Sullivan (1sts)
5. Fernley (16as)
6. Partington (1sts)
7. Rahme (16as)
8. Ienco (16as)
9. Di Sano (16as)
10. Westbury (16as)
11. Coleman (2nds)
12. Flaherty (1sts)
13. Branagan (16as)
14. Anderson (2nds)
15. Richardson (16as)

richard powell

Allen Oxlade (6)
no argument with the aloy's line up except for Pollack who without doubt was the standout in the Aloy's 15-A side that won the competition last year; is in year 11 and a spot should be found somewhere for him if they are fair dinkum.
Really good p[layer. (and i am clearly not his father!)

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Mr Powell is not the father, he has his own very dependents.

Dick how do you rate the potential Aloys side this year, looking at the number of last year's good 16a team, maybe they might be even stronger next year.

DH.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
Pollack is a great player but Westbury is a far better 10 IMO and with a potentially solid Centre of Flaherty and Branagan there isn't much space left for him. He'd do better to Develop in 16s for a year rather then go from 15s to opens and go up against almost fully grown men

richard powell

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think Aloys will be reasonably competitive this year (3 out 5 wins in the CAS would be my best prediction). I think the backs look good but i wouldn't want to see too many injuries to the forward pack. I would like to see Pollack at 10 and Westbury at 15, but just an opinion.

Waverley and Knox will be very hard to beat, especially after playing much harder lead-up games. Leaning towards Waverley with their results from last year proving their strong depth but the early season games might tell the difference between the big 2.

Barker seem to have a lot of Ist xv players returning which must be a real boost to their chances and Trinity and Cranbrook I really don't have much idea to be honest.

Back to just one round of matches means no second chances so it will be interesting. Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.