• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Ben Fakira has joined the rugby squad. Fingers crossed he gets an opportunity. Would be exciting to watch. I say he would be a level above Frost.

Just noticed Ben Fakira was in the Aust U17 Basketball squad and in the 2016 American NBA draft. I question whether he would risk a basketball career on Rugby. Maybe if he has joined he will play social only.

The Oracle

Stan Wickham (3)
With Knox's CAS Rugby team looking as strong as ever. Some may consider this the year for Knox to sweep all 6 of the major sports, these being Swimming, Athletics, Rugby, Soccer, Cricket and Basketball. This would be unprecedented and clearly show their sporting prowess.

Have not had much chance to keep up with these competitions. how has this consideration panned out?

CAS_Rugby Viewer

Stan Wickham (3)
Training should have commenced this week at all schools. Any one got any info e.g Injuries, Bolters, etc. I know a few kids here at Knox are nursing injuries but should all be good for round 1.

Mr Touch Finder

Peter Burge (5)
Confirmed Knox 1st side to play Augustines?

1. Morrison
2. Adams
3. Dawson
4. Humphries
5. Trobec
6. Harvison
7. Stenning
8. Garing
9. Hansen
10. Luland
11. Leigh
12. Galleta
13. Cameron
14. Brown
15. Pavlakis

Fair few notable people out for this game; Woodcock, Cutrone, Frost, Myers, Collins

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
1. Morrison
2. Adams
3. Dawson
4. Humphries
5. Trobec
6. Harvison
7. Stenning
8. Garing
9. Hansen
10. Luland
11. Leigh
12. Galleta
13. Cameron
14. Brown
15. Pavlakis

Fair few notable people out for this game; Woodcock, Cutrone, Frost, Myers, Collins

Are they injured/returning from injury?

Knox normally goes full pace into the star of the season, interesting to note the they look to be taking it slower this time around.

B

Backline_Move

Cutrone and Frost still coming back from serious injuries.

Woodcock' isn't bad, more that he is being rested for the long season ahead. How NsW 7's involvement was rather intense already. So it will be good for him to have time off.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
BM , You are a stirrer... calling the Waverley Coaches names. :mad:

Not sure anyone wants to see the Knox 2nd XV get carved up by Auggies.

Maybe just check out the tape of Joeys carving up Knox in 2016

Knox under Williams, needs to try something different from the tired old game plan of big lumbering forwards, trying to set a platform.

I hear lower Knox age groups, already cancelled :(

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
BM , You are a stirrer. calling the Waverley Coaches names. :mad:

Knox under Williams, needs to try something different from the tired old game plan of big lumbering forwards, trying to set a platform.

SDW, think the age groups of Knox should be grateful about the poor weather, avoids Auggies whitewashing them. We are more focused on bigger GPS fish.

Like last year most of our A age groups have the wood on Knox, which I think will extend to the GPS schools. Other than our opens watch the 13's and 14's.

CAS_Rugby Viewer

Stan Wickham (3)
SDW, think the age groups of Knox should be grateful about the poor weather, avoids Auggies whitewashing them. We are more focused on bigger GPS fish.

Like last year most of our A age groups have the wood on Knox, which I think will extend to the GPS schools. Other than our opens watch the 13's and 14's.

White line, Can you please put out a Waverley team? I know someone put one on here a while back but i can't seem to find it. Cheers

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
CAS, have a look at SDW's post #605 page 31 on this CAS blog.

This outlines the many choices/depth Waverley has this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if our 2 great coaches try some different combinations in the early games.

Barring injury Waverley will win the CAS comp this year again, and also in the 14a's and 13a's, so nearly all age groups.
Trinity should win the 15a's and probably Cranbrook the 16a's.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
BM , You are a stirrer. calling the Waverley Coaches names. :mad:

Ohh SD I would much rather watch the tape of Knox carving up Waverley by 40 to 0000000000000000 in 2015 at death Valley. :)

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Ohh SD I would much rather watch the tape of Knox carving up Waverley by 40 to 0000000000000000 in 2015 at death Valley. :)

Ohh, Redblack, let's not go back into history as you would will fiind that Waverley has won twice as many CAS rugby championships as its nearest rival.

Let's focus on today.

Status
Not open for further replies.