• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Heard Knox trial cancelled, as was Waverley... and Randwick trial also cancelled Is anyone playing rugby anywhere... as god help me tonight brumbies game could be the usual sleeper

Might as well stay home and watch the super netball

S

sidelineview

Heard Knox trial cancelled, as was Waverley. and Randwick trial also cancelled Is anyone playing rugby anywhere. as god help me tonight brumbies game could be the usual sleeper

Might as well stay home and watch the super netball

watch the live steaming of the NSW and Reds U20s game

Mystery-Man

Frank Row (1)
Interesting hearing both Knox and Waverley trial fixtures have been canceled. Anyone know what Trinity, Aloys or Brook were up to?

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)

It was great to see CAS old boys Lachlan Swinton (Knox 15), Harry Mclennan (Trinity, 15) and Jackson Mohi (Waverley, 16) playing well.

Swinton again was a standout performaner and will likely be pushing for Aus u20's selection.

The team needs to work on distributing the ball a bit more. Quite often there were runners outside with space, but people went to make a name for themselves.

Mystery-Man

Frank Row (1)
I believe Knox play Stannies next week away and Waverley V View...?

Should both be very interesting games and could be worth having a look.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
CAS 7s next weekend will impact trial results substantially.

On Knox v Augs cancellation, I heard Knox offered to host rather than have cancelled due to Rat Park condition, but Augs declined. Shame as would have been good to see both teams get an early hit out.

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
Knox will have a smoking hot 7's side.

1. Tom Woodcock (C)
2. Nick Frost
3. Brady Dawson
4. Tom Cameron
5. Mike Pavlakis
6. Otavio Galleta
7. Fletcher Watson

Anyone else want to name a 7's side?

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting to hear Barker have bought in 3-4 players in the 16's age group similar to what they did last year.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Interesting to hear Barker have bought in 3-4 players in the 16's age group similar to what they did last year.
Rugby HD, this issue has been flogged to death for months. No secret that the boys are Jordan Cameron, Dane Wilson and Billy Pollard. Time to move on and just be thankful that CAS rugby will be better for their recruitment.

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
Barker have been busy. They brought in a 6'2 year 7 kid who's the state running champ, and a top yr 11 athlete, as well as the rugby boys.

Still - Knox complaining about other schools giving scholarships is pretty funny - pot...kettle...black...

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
Barker have been busy. They brought in a 6'2 year 7 kid who's the state running champ, and a top yr 11 athlete, as well as the rugby boys.

Still - Knox complaining about other schools giving scholarships is pretty funny - pot.kettle.black.

Heard Barker have been heavily recruiting the big man Ben Fakira, a 6'10 220lbs basketball player.

Sources have been telling me he's very keen to play, interesting to see what happens.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
that is a real shame that St Auggies piked out

they must have remembered Swinton a few year back

maybe they are saving themselves for View this weekend?

good to see Swinton doing well in the under 20s

that was a real head scratcher that he didn't make Aussie Schools back in 2015

anyways make to 2017 .. Barker sounding like they could be a contender in 2017 .. I look forward to seeing how they fare in the 7s.

also on good news front ... I see Liam Cornish scored a try in the SG Ball ... so again the Sevens at QP could be great ... with Waverley likely to field a handy team

although as my son said to me the other day ... "someone spits and they close QP"

so with rain forecast, Knox might want to make available their grounds in back-up, for what should be a great day

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
Waverley putting out a competitive side or will they rest a few of their stars? I don't expect Knox to be full strength unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.