• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
Mr Talltimber,

I have heard that Knox has requested their whole school attend the game next week at Queens Park, I really hope so, both teams deserve that, and I am sure most boys at all schools don't realise/experience this because they don't turn up, so it is lost to them. They never know.

This is 100% accurate, my nephews (who attend Knox Grammar) have spoken on how there will be about 15 shuttle buses making their way to Queens Park on Saturday for both the 2nds and 1sts.

These buses will be 'offloading' (Footy Pun) approx. 2000 Knox supporters, so I think it will be a wonderful atmosphere for the premier game of the weekend.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
This is 100% accurate, my nephews (who attend Knox Grammar) have spoken on how there will be about 15 shuttle buses making their way to Queens Park on Saturday for both the 2nds and 1sts.

These buses will be 'offloading' (Footy Pun) approx. 2000 Knox supporters, so I think it will be a wonderful atmosphere for the premier game of the weekend.
Wow.. that's impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WLF

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Waves v Knox this Saturday

Anyone filming (or know someone who is filming) this game?

It would be great to include footage in the GAGR match reports.

Same goes for games already played. I am happy to go back and add videos to the reports.

If anyone can help, please post here or send me a convo.

Rich

RugbyFan14

Herbert Moran (7)
Reckon the lineout will be a key factor in WvK. Against B the W lineout was totally dominated. K liked to kick out of their 1/4 quite a bit, the K10 was a good kicker, but B mostly got the ball back. If K (with Frost etc) can dominate the W lineout like B did, then K are in with a good chance.

K also need to get the ball to their 15 more, he was dynamite.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Reckon the lineout will be a key factor in WvK. Against B the W lineout was totally dominated. K liked to kick out of their 1/4 quite a bit, the K10 was a good kicker, but B mostly got the ball back. If K (with Frost etc) can dominate the W lineout like B did, then K are in with a good chance.

Agreed with all of the above. Pavlakis is the most dangerous kick return runner in the comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Having now seen both W and K play, and based on Saturdays performance and factoring in the return of Wright/Moretti to W, I think there will be a lot of points on the board on the W side of the ledger. It could go out to a 20 point margin give or take. I just cant see Knox matching up (unfortunately for Barker) despite predictions to the contrary.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)

Wonder where they are gonna park said 15 shuttle buses. Send 'em around the block a couple of dozen times?

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
Having now seen both W and K play, and based on Saturdays performance and factoring in the return of Wright/Moretti to W, I think there will be a lot of points on the board on the W side of the ledger. It could go out to a 20 point margin give or take. I just cant see Knox matching up (unfortunately for Barker) despite predictions to the contrary.

Agreed - Waverley will have to earn every try they score, but I feel they'll put too many points on the board for Knox to keep up with.

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
Oh, that Knox no: 15 - great player. Watched him play against Scots preseason. Probably the best player on the field (and in the losing side).

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I agree Barker are major favourites for 2018. The Trinity 15a's lost just 3 weeks ago to Knox, 14-5, so Knox are leading that comp. In the 14's, both Waverley and Knox are undefeated this year, both teams putting more than 40 on every team pretty much. In the 13's, Waverley have a superb team from all accounts.

Axel,

Good call should be a great game in the 14's, hope the wet is only short lived.

The Waves 13as side quite something, not sure how strong know are?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

Agree with all that, but don't forget Wright and Moretti are back.
So the real mongrel pack is back.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Wonder where they are gonna park said 15 shuttle buses. Send 'em around the block a couple of dozen times?

I think this is just awesome, very much Joeys style.

What this does for many knox boys is give them a chance to see the BIG TIME, main game of the school, including the tunnel etc.

I think I am probably right in saying 50%+ of students from all these schools, never attend unless they have to, so they leave school never knowing what they have missed, and experience real school spirit.
Agreed it does happen in athletics and swimming but I think this is at its most intense.

You never know it may also inspire some more boys to play rugby!

S

sidelineview

i hope that's true and I hope the bloke who orders the snags for the BBQ reads this as well.

S

sidelineview

Agreed - Waverley will have to earn every try they score, but I feel they'll put too many points on the board for Knox to keep up with.

Rain is predicted for Thursday and then fine for Friday and Saturday.

If it is fine Waverley should win because they like to run the ball and have too many players who can pull a rabbit out of their hat in attack. The x factor players: Moretti, Wright, Donaldson, Hardaker & Wallace. Their strength is their teamwork but those players can turn a game in the blink of an eye. Their strength in defence is without question. A player like Cornish has a huge work rate and is backed up by every other member of the forward pack

So can Pavlakis turn a game as well as Woodcock who has a big boot on him as well; if they play a tactical kicking game.

As already mentioned, Knox look to have the edge in the line outs which could give them a huge advantage with possession.

If the weather guys get it wrong and its wet it gives Knox a further advantage especially with Woodcocks big boot.

There'll be a huge crowd and it should be a great contest.
i hope they dont run out of sausage sandwiches.

What about the bloke with the toupee? will he be coming too?

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
Rain is predicted for Thursday and then fine for Friday and Saturday.

If it is fine Waverley should win because they like to run the ball and have too many players who can pull a rabbit out of their hat in attack. The x factor players: Moretti, Wright, Donaldson, Hardaker & Wallace. Their strength is their teamwork but those players can turn a game in the blink of an eye. Their strength in defence is without question. A player like Cornish has a huge work rate and is backed up by every other member of the forward pack

So can Pavlakis turn a game as well as Woodcock who has a big boot on him as well; if they play a tactical kicking game.

As already mentioned, Knox look to have the edge in the line outs which could give them a huge advantage with possession.

If the weather guys get it wrong and its wet it gives Knox a further advantage especially with Woodcocks big boot.

There'll be a huge crowd and it should be a great contest.
i hope they dont run out of sausage sandwiches.

What about the bloke with the toupee? will he be coming too?

It is Waverley's flair in attack that I think will get them the win, but I agree about any wet weather advantaging Knox, even muddy conditions will obviously restrict WC. QP used to sit in a pool of water after rain - maybe not so these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.